unreal tourn, counterstrike, quake...

Are these games okay?

• I play, and I don't see anything wrong with them. It's not even for real.

• I don't play, but i see nothing wrong with them.

• I don't play, and I never would!

• I really don't know.

• uh....wha...?

Results are only viewable after voting.

booger

GOD PICKED ME!!!!
Jan 17, 2003
Tulsa, OK
Visit site
✟15,474.00
Faith
Baptist
I voted #1.  My wife and I both play CS.  I started back in the betas and she had never played computer games before.  Once she got on and started talkin to everyone she was hooked. 

I see nothing wrong with the game itself.  The community is what makes the games look so bad. It is a hobby we both can enjoy together.  Not to mention its cheap. :p

Upvote 0

Hewitt

God's little drummer boy
Apr 20, 2002
Dallas, TX
Visit site
✟3,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I play a lot of gaming online, especially the Half-Life mods Counter-Strike and Day of Defeat. DoD is probably my favorite and I don't view them as bad or anything like that. It is a game based on a real event in world history which provides entertainment for many people.

Upvote 0

* kittie *

Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
✟24,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Today at 10:56 AM beanbagboy1982 said this in Post #45

I love unreal, unreal tournament, unreal tournament 2003 and unreal 2, i think that quake gets old fast and unreal is always there for a good fraggin or two, counters strike rocks also but i feel unreal takes the cake

i would have to agree with you.  i played counterstrike, but unreal tourn gives you more of that adrenaline rush :D

i haven't played any of the unreals other than unreal tourn. and uneral tourn 2003.  but i love online play...it's the best. :)

Upvote 0
DOA is dead or alive.

Anyways, I don't see whats wrong with any videogames... since they're just games. The GTA series has been my favorite out of any series, mainly since they're damn fun games and have excellent stories. And just because you splatter a pimps brains all over the wall in a game doesn't make you a sinner. If that was the fact, I'd have my ticket to Hell in hand already. I'd rather be playing a good game, with rampant cursing and violence like GTA than some watered down crap like looney tunes bowling, mainly since the GTA games are made to be challenging and to give you something to do for hours upon hours.

Upvote 0
How is GTA hentai?

GTA isn't inappropriate contentography, nor is it cartoon inappropriate contentography, heck, its not even Japanese made! It was made right here in the USA.

So, it has violence in it, it has drugs and corruption in it, big deal. Hentai is none of these things, its just anime- inappropriate content. This stuff happens everyday in real life. And if you don't think that drug dealers get killed everyday, then you're not living in the real world.

Upvote 0

* kittie *

Contributor
Oct 19, 2002
✟24,171.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
eh...i hate it when people snipe in unreal 2003.  unless if it's for a second or just to get people far away.

but i hate it when you don't know where they are, and then they're sniping you.  especially if it's throughout the game.

oh yeah...and i hate it when they take the flag and cheat by hiding.  and then they don't even score!! :rolleyes:  they just hide forever...just to make people mad. 

for instance...in Citadel.  once me and my brother were playing and the other team took the flag.  well, we took their flag and lost it several times...but they didn't score.  we didn't even know where our flag was!  turns out the guy with our flag was hiding underneath the floor right by the side entrance (it's a bug in the map where you can go underneath).  the game was tied, so it kept going on forever (which stunk cuz it was already pretty late.  everytime my brother would try to go underneath the floor, the guy would shoot him (cuz you can't see the guy, but he can see you).  well, one guy on our team ended up taking their flag...which then he lost it...which then i picked up the flag...and my brother finally got underneath the floor and killed the guy with our flag...and i scored. :)  hehe...losers never win.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
I think it's ok to play it, occult games (like Diablo) are way worse than violent ones... But they can be bad in the wrong hands...

I for one, play almost any Haf-Life mod, and I play UO (on a free server)

Other than that mostly RPG's...

Anyway, why wasn't there a "I play, and it's alot wrong with it" choice?

:D

Upvote 0

Hewitt

God's little drummer boy
Apr 20, 2002
Dallas, TX
Visit site
✟3,046.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Any RTS gamers out there? My personal favorites would have to be CNC Generals and WarCraft III. Classics include CNC Red Alert 2 and StarCraft. But if we must go with first person shooters, UT is definitely at the top of my list. UT2003 is one of the smoothest games I've ever seen and the flak cannon is unbelievable ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Greeter

The Space Invaders did not get by on me!
May 27, 2002
Pompano Beach, Fl
Visit site
✟29,474.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yesterday at 10:47 PM Hewitt said this in Post #55

Any RTS gamers out there? My personal favorites would have to be CNC Generals and WarCraft III. Classics include CNC Red Alert 2 and StarCraft. But if we must go with first person shooters, UT is definitely at the top of my list. UT2003 is one of the smoothest games I've ever seen and the flak cannon is unbelievable ;)

Maybe you should start a new thread on this one as there are probably quite a few of us who play them.  Personally due to a disability I rarely am able to play anymore but my all time favorite was Starcraft followed closely by Warcraft III, C&C RA2 (loved Yuri's Revenge), the rest of the C&C series (including Tiberian Sun), Galactic Battlegrounds, Empire Earth, and Age of Empires (and probably have forgotten more then I could list).

Upvote 0
Played Unreal and then Unreal Tournament for a few years but have maybe played once this year. I was always more into the Quake games that I still play now and then. Pure shooters are fun but I’ve grown more towards balance in first person combat since game mechanics have improved. I pretty much stick to games like Ghost Recon or Delta Force these days. Battlefield 1942 was probably my most dominant game last year and I still play it a lot. CS is good too but seems to be getting just a bit dated. Medal of Honor aint too bad and Castle Wolfenstein still runs Okay.

None of these games have tempted me to grab a firearm and go on a rampage. They are simulators though so the down side is that if anyone does go on a rampage than they may be more capable of success after training with one of these games. That does not necessarily make the game at fault for someone doing an illegal act but only makes them more capable of succeeding. On the other hand those that play these games I would guess would have a better chance of defending themselves in a real world situation.

Peace

Upvote 0

PuppyforChrist

Loyal and obedient to its Master
Jun 25, 2003
Pennsylvania
✟18,248.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I don't really see anything wrong with them as long as little kids arn't playing them. I play Quake and Starcraft all the time. Though it is a little gory, I'm mature enough to handle it. Things like Halflife I will never play because it is way too gory for me. I think they can be played as long as the players can handle it, and not have nightmares about it.

Upvote 0
Quake.. shaky (Q2 was okay maybe..?)
Warcraft.. nope
Starcraft ok
Counter-strike ok
Diablo evil

Basicly.. games with magic/devily teams I try to avoid.
Violence are okay as long as you keep in mind it's not real.. And you don't play it to see violence.. O and as long as it's doesn't look too convincing.

Well that's my opinion.
I'm afraid coming games like HL2 would be so realistic it would be difficult to keep in mind that you're only playing a game... maybe I'm wrong.
Q3 isn't that bad really.. but there sure are alot of pentagons and stuff around.
The main reason I don't play Q3 is because I play CS. :)

Upvote 0