Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I havent been on this forum for while ...my OCD has been bad thinking am unpure i need to be pure but i cant so much sin ...reliving things from my past ( abuse ) and my faith am struggling a lot at this moment i feel like i want to Overdose on pills my husband has forgotten to hide from me he has to lock everything up for that reason
i need to be pure i cant get to heaven if am not pure oding will not get me in heaven
the abusers took my pureness and i now keep sinning so ill end up in hell
i cant live my life over i cant stop them its too late all too late i'll be in hell no matter what happens dont want to remember the abuse but its keeps playing over and over in my head
too much pain ...

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I havent been on this forum for while ...my OCD has been bad thinking am unpure i need to be pure but i cant so much sin ...reliving things from my past ( abuse ) and my faith am struggling a lot at this moment i feel like i want to Overdose on pills my husband has forgotten to hide from me he has to lock everything up for that reason
i need to be pure i cant get to heaven if am not pure oding will not get me in heaven
i cant live my life over i cant stop them its too late all too late i'll be in hell no matter what happens dont want to remember the abuse but its keeps playing over and over in my head
too much pain ...
Hebrews 1 is a wonderful chapter which speaks of the Lord Jesus at the Cross purging the sins of all who love Him and trust Him.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
too much pain ...

First thing is to breathe deeply and try to calm down, your post conveys panic to me. This obsession with being pure, trust Christ to make you pure, not people or pills.

“Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:22‬ ‭ESV‬‬

No one I know is totally without sin on earth, but trying your best (not worrying about what is beyond your best) to obey God will help you have assurance. But remember that your purity comes from Christ, not your deeds. Living in sin will not being you assurance, living righteously may only help you with assurance and sanctification (may, not garunteed), Christ justifies you.

“We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭64:6‬ ‭ESV‬‬

We cannot do enough, but who can (and has)?

“And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭4:5‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Edit: Random number seven snuck in my post.

Edit 2: This also may be good for you; “Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭2:2‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
First thing is to breathe deeply and try to calm down, your post conveys panic to me. This obsession with being pure, trust Christ to make you pure, not people or pills.

“Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭1:22‬ ‭ESV‬‬

No one I know is totally without sin on earth, but trying your best (not worrying about what is beyond your best) to obey God will help you have assurance. But remember that your purity comes from Christ, not your deeds. Living in sin will not being you assurance, living righteously may only help you with assurance and sanctification (may, not garunteed), Christ justifies you.

“We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.”

‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭64:6‬ ‭ESV‬‬

We cannot do enough, but who can (and has)?

“And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness,”

‭‭Romans‬ ‭4:5‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Edit: Random number seven snuck in my post.

Edit 2: This also may be good for you; “Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation—”

‭‭1 Peter‬ ‭2:2‬ ‭ESV‬‬
This is a really good and relevant verse there from 1 Peter. (I was reading from 1 Peter earlier today, actually.)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus will make me pure again ? ...why cant i get my head to stop this ? sorry
Do read that wonderful chapter 1 of Hebrews! :)

Also, John's First Epistle - short, only 5 chapters, but very powerful - has very helpful verses.

Upvote 0

DeerGlow

User Gifted Supporter Status by Someone Else
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2016
Texas
✟86,999.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Jesus will make me pure again ? ...why cant i get my head to stop this ? sorry

Yes, Jesus makes us pure, none of us can purify ourselves.

“They have all fallen away; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭53:3‬ ‭ESV‬‬

“how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:14‬ ‭ESV‬‬

“So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:12‬ ‭ESV‬‬

Upvote 0

Catherineanne

Sep 1, 2004
Europe
✟76,860.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Widowed
too much pain ...

Nobody is pure, Lily. We are not made that way.

If you try to be pure you will always fail, because it simply is not possible. We are all of us more or less sinners, more or less imperfect, more or less impure.

Those abusers did not take your purity; that cannot be done. As long as you have said sorry to God for whatever is your own fault (not theirs!) then your purity is restored as fully as if it had never been touched.

Here is a thought for you; God perfects your imperfections and mine. We do not have to be perfect because he does it for us. You just have to be who you are, and find a way to serve him as best you can. You will not go to hell for sinning, and you will not go to hell for being imperfect.

If God had made either you or I capable of being perfect then there would be no credit to either of us if we happened to be good. Because we are capable of imperfection, anything that we do for God is a credit to us, and to him. That is why we are not made perfect or without sin.

Do you have a doctor to help with the OCD? It might be sensible to go to see him or her.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, Jesus makes us pure, none of us can purify ourselves.

“They have all fallen away; together they have become corrupt; there is none who does good, not even one.”

‭‭Psalms‬ ‭53:3‬ ‭ESV‬‬

“how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭9:14‬ ‭ESV‬‬

“So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood.”

‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭13:12‬ ‭ESV‬‬
Superbly relevant verses; I have often quoted the Hebrews 9.14 verse myself.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
am on medication for my OCD and other mental health problems just started new meds 2 months ago
my mental health has been so bad i keep doing bad things ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
am on medication for my OCD and other mental health problems just started new meds 2 months ago
my mental health has been so bad i keep doing bad things ...
Well, it's good to have a focus away from med.s and prayer and the love of the Lord Jesus in Scripture are wonderful themes.

There is a song that says:

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace."

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for replying ... am ok now...sorry...ill read those verses
It's great to read God's Word prayerfully as a daily habit as well as in reaction to trouble. Like this, the assuring message of the Gospel dwells more and more deeply in our hearts. :)

• Prayers
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Solomons Porch

Solomon's Porch
Jan 8, 2017
East
✟206,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
too much pain ...
(E) I have NOT stopped praying for you and you know I am always here. I think about you and pray for you ALL THE TIME. I know your husband made things hard for you our last conversation. Please DO NOT GIVE UP and keep calling on the name of JESUS CHRIST. Claim the blood of JESUS and keep doing the things we spoke of before. I know your heart is for good. Please do not listen to the devil. I am here for you and always always pray for you. Much love in Christ, SP.

Upvote 0

GUANO

Jul 3, 2013
Los Angeles
✟32,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.

You mention that your abusers have made you impure. According to Jesus Christ, that is impossible. He said: "There is nothing from outside a a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man." (Read Mark 7)

So, there is nothing that can be done to you that can defile you, only what you do to yourself and others can defile you.

Mark 7 goes on to state that what enters you is digested and 'purged'. Perhaps you have not fully digested and purged this abuse that you have been force-fed in your life and you are being tormented by your own incorrect worldview as it pertains to the nature of purity and sin.

You must renew your mind with the washing of the water of the Word of God which speaks truth to your spirit and allows you to effectively digest and expel all of the lies that keep us in psychological bondage.

If you struggle with uncontrollable thoughts that are judging and condemning you, you need to argue against them using the Word of God. All of those things you hear are lies and the Word of God will provide the sharp tool necessary to cut through them. It doesn't happen over night, and depending on the extent the lies have taken over your rational thinking you could be in for a lot of exercise.

Sadly most Churches fail to properly support or provide adequate discipleship for those who suffer from the types of symptoms you describe. You need to find a mature, spirit-filled Christian who will take you under their wing no matter the effort involved. Never doubt that Christ wants to make you a shining example of his power.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
too much pain ...

None of us be pure...we can be saved/born again.
All of us test positive for sin.
To get to heaven, one must be saved/born again.
There is no amount of good works we can do to save ourselves from being eternally separated from God.

Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

John 3:16 & 17 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten
Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting
life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the
world through him might be saved."

The Bible tells us how to be saved...Romans 10:9-10
"That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Hall

God is good
Jun 17, 2016
Colorado
✟30,346.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
too much pain ...
Did you know that when we speak about and believe in our illnesses that it makes them worse? Speak and believe that your mind is healed and sound as God spoke creation into the world. Words and beliefs are a powerful thing, don't let your mind tell you otherwise, speak your healing in the name of Jesus...

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,261.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
(E) I have NOT stopped praying for you and you know I am always here. I think about you and pray for you ALL THE TIME. I know your husband made things hard for you our last conversation. Please DO NOT GIVE UP and keep calling on the name of JESUS CHRIST. Claim the blood of JESUS and keep doing the things we spoke of before. I know your heart is for good. Please do not listen to the devil. I am here for you and always always pray for you. Much love in Christ, SP.
thank you so much my friend , i am praying for you too ,

Upvote 0