Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
How?

Matthew 18
"Again, truly I tell you, if two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, I am there among them"

That is one of the Church order commandments Jesus gave to the Apostles. Notice that it says if two agree, then goes on to say where two or three are gathered. It means a two out of three vote. Majority rule. If the Apostles took a vote on something the majority vote spoke with the authority of Christ himself. That went on to become the Ecumenical Councils.

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

Apostle95

Oct 29, 2023
Cologne
✟10,937.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is one of the Church order commandments Jesus gave to the Apostles. Notice that it says if two agree, then goes on to say where two or three are gathered. It means a two out of three vote. Majority rule. If the Apostles took a vote on something the majority vote spoke with the authority of Christ himself. That went on to become the Ecumenical Councils.
Can you specify majority, so i can adress it.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can you specify majority, so i can adress it.

Majority simply means majority. If there are three Apostles present and two of them agree on some issue or another the decision is made. One can dissent but it doesn't change anything. At the Council of Nicea there were some 300 bishops present. The canons were established by majority vote. Once the majority had spoken on some matter the matter was resolved.

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0