Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
USincognito said:
John destroy yet another perfectly good thread,
You mean falsifing the lame duck theory of evolution? That is sort of like shooting fish in a barrel. It is only hanging on by a thread and the theory is about to fall apart all by itself. I am sure they will pick up all the shattered peices and find a way to put it all back together to get a little bit more mileage out of it before it reaches a point where it can no longer be salvaged.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
shadowmage36 said:
I'm genuinely curious.
What sort of a science degree do I need to know that science is a pawn in the hands of war mongals who are hell bent on the destruction of mankind. Or who in the very least want to profit on the destruction and the misery of people.

Do you think we should be obedient little lambs & allowing ourselves to be taken to slaughter. Did the people who died in the death camps in germany at the hands of "science" need a Phd to know they were about to die?

Like I said, I will argue for science or I will argue against science. I don't care. It is your choice to make.

Upvote 0

JohnR7

Feb 9, 2002
Ohio
✟29,532.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Beastt said:
Darwin didn't invent evolution,

The point there is that Darwin's theory, the parts that science has not falsifed, have limited application. They are trying to apply the theory far beyond their range.

Darwin did not have the theory of "everything". His theory has rather limited application. Yet you have radical evo that want to blow it all out of proportion.

It you look at your biology book you will see there are lots and lots of "Darwins". There are a lot of people who make observations and explain their tiny part of science. No one is fighting or argueing over them. Yet for some reason, everyone everywere is wanting to fight and argue over Darwins theorys. He was very controversal in the beginning and he continues to be a controversy today.

Upvote 0

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Like I said, I will argue for science or I will argue against science. I don't care. It is your choice to make.

Could you please start arguing FOR science then? Because your bizare anti intellectual, paranoid rants against evolution are becomming tiresome. I mean,
What sort of a science degree do I need to know that science is a pawn in the hands of war mongals who are hell bent on the destruction of mankind. Or who in the very least want to profit on the destruction and the misery of people.

I'm not entirely sure what a "war mongal" is... but aside from that, just who is leading up this scientific conspiracy to destroy the woirld? and given all the scientists out there, why hasn't the news of this hyper secretive, devious cabal seeped out into the mainstream yet? I mean, the Freemasons can't even keep THEIR secrets secret, I find it hard to beieve that scientists, who actively enjoy spreading knowledge, could keep such an important secret!

Upvote 0

vitodabona

Mar 8, 2006
✟15,613.00
Faith
Atheist
LightHorseman said:
Could you please start arguing FOR science then? Because your bizare anti intellectual, paranoid rants against evolution are becomming tiresome. I mean,

I'm not entirely sure what a "war mongal" is... but aside from that, just who is leading up this scientific conspiracy to destroy the woirld? and given all the scientists out there, why hasn't the news of this hyper secretive, devious cabal seeped out into the mainstream yet? I mean, the Freemasons can't even keep THEIR secrets secret, I find it hard to beieve that scientists, who actively enjoy spreading knowledge, could keep such an important secret!

John thinks the E.A.C is real. ;)

Meeting down by the docks at 3a.m brother

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LightHorseman

Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2006
✟10,643.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
AU-Liberals
Mincus, some immune use as a kid?

Are you thinking of the thymus? cos I'm pretty sure that the appendix serves no purpose at all, and is in fact, a vestigal caecum, the organ in plant eating animals that deals with the digestion of fibrous plant material and celulose

Upvote 0

Mincus

Aug 8, 2006
York, England
✟7,793.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
LightHorseman said:
Mincus, some immune use as a kid?

Are you thinking of the thymus? cos I'm pretty sure that the appendix serves no purpose at all, and is in fact, a vestigal caecum, the organ in plant eating animals that deals with the digestion of fibrous plant material and celulose

Yeah, realised I wasn't 100% on this so had a wander round looking...

Originally I read it in a National Geographic from about 2004, but I can't find the copy now...

Seems there's contradicting information online, so I suspect it might be best to forget I mentioned it. ;)

Upvote 0

Mincus

Aug 8, 2006
York, England
✟7,793.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Mincus said:
Yeah, realised I wasn't 100% on this so had a wander round looking...

Originally I read it in a National Geographic from about 2004, but I can't find the copy now...

Seems there's contradicting information online, so I suspect it might be best to forget I mentioned it. ;)
Either way, it's clearly a "design" flaw, since it's prone to infection and bursting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

I_Love_Cheese

Veteran
Jun 1, 2006
✟9,374.00
Faith
Agnostic
LightHorseman said:
So... are you actually going to tell me what EAC stands for or what?
It is a secret organization and members are not supposed to speak of it but rumor has it you can learn more here.

It is also rumored that theistic evolutionists make up much of the organization.

Upvote 0

shadowmage36

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu ftaghn!
Jul 31, 2006
Delaware
✟8,108.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
JohnR7 said:

Well, you got one thing right. Science is not an entity unto itself, as you so often seem to purport. And while much scientific advancement does take place during war, that's not all that science has done for us.

Or do you not take vitamins, or go to the doctor for medicine when you get cold, or not drive a car, or buy any products at any sort of store? Because that's all been given to us by advances in science. Even the computer and internet you use to post here are results of science.

So obviously, science is not a bad thing.

JohnR7 said:
Do you think we should be obedient little lambs & allowing ourselves to be taken to slaughter. Did the people who died in the death camps in germany at the hands of "science" need a Phd to know they were about to die?

First of all, Godwin's Law now comes into effect. You've lost the argument here, John, if you're so desperate for points that you make a Nazi comparison.

Second of all, no. We should not be led like lambs to the slaughter. Having knowledge about something gives us power over it. I have knowledge of chemistry. That gives me the power to use chemistry to make useful products, many of which are quite useful. In fact, the plant I worked at this summer makes adhesives and coatings, some of which have medical applications. I hardly think that saving lies is an ignoble pursuit, but what do you think?

And while those in the Auschwitz, Dachau, and the other death camps of the third reich may not have needed degrees in science to know what was going to happen to them, what was going on there was not science. It was barbarism and depravity of the lowest sort, and those involved have, for the most part, gone to their well-deserved ends at the gallows of Nuremburg.

JohnR7 said:

Either or? Then let's see you argue for science. I want to see this firsthand.

Upvote 0

RealityCheck

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2006
New York
✟23,538.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Could we PLEASE get back on topic folks.

Look, the question is quite simple. Unintelligent Design Theory is a fully developed theory in the same way as Intelligent Design. It starts with the premise that everything around us couldn't possibly have originated without an incompetent, clueless, and dumb designer making it all happen, and then searching for all the evidence that supports this premise.

It is, in my opinion, just as valid as Intelligent Design Theory and therefore deserves a place in the American classroom as much as ID.

So there you have it, simple question. Should Unintelligent Design Theory be taught in our schools? If you say yes, support, and if you say no, support your opposition to it.

No more debating on Pastuer-Darwin. No more dragging "evolution" into this because evolution doesn't even factor into this! We already know evolution is being taught in American schools. This is about presenting a competing, perfectly valid theory to evolution and intelligent design.

Teach the Controversy!!

Upvote 0