Aug 23, 2007
✟785,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I have to say in advance that I don't mean for this post to sound bad.

I'm thankful that I can attend a Mass elsewhere at a different time if or when I have to, but this one particular parish simply doesn't feel like a church. It's a sanctuary inside a student center adjacent to a college campus. Aside from a crucifix in the center of the back wall, the place doesn't feel like a church or look like one IMHO. The place is so bland. No decorations at all. Just walls. It feels like I'm in a classroom with a bunch of wooden benches. If it were not for the good homily of the priest, I say, with caution, that it felt like a waste of time. I know, it sounds bad. I mean, it gets the job done - you go to Mass and receive the Eucharist and that's good, but I only go to that particular parish out of necessity. Not all parishes are the same.

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry, I have to say in advance that I don't mean for this post to sound bad.

I'm thankful that I can attend a Mass elsewhere at a different time if or when I have to, but this one particular parish simply doesn't feel like a church. It's a sanctuary inside a student center adjacent to a college campus. Aside from a crucifix in the center of the back wall, the place doesn't feel like a church or look like one IMHO. The place is so bland. No decorations at all. Just walls. It feels like I'm in a classroom with a bunch of wooden benches. If it were not for the good homily of the priest, I say, with caution, that it felt like a waste of time. I know, it sounds bad. I mean, it gets the job done - you go to Mass and receive the Eucharist and that's good, but I only go to that particular parish out of necessity. Not all parishes are the same.
Generally college Churches are not ornate.
They are, for whatever reason, very basic.

Could be the rules of the colleges.
Since the building maybe rented space or whatever, I do not know.

• Informative
Reactions: Lady Bug
Upvote 0