✟16,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone,

This is something that's been poking at me recently.

Just some background, when I was late teen and young man in my 20s (I'm 40 now) I was very antagonistic towards religion. I think a big part of that had to do with the fact that I was 18 when 9/11 happened and that event turned me aggressively against religion. I remember an old slogan back then: "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." I ignorantly lumped all religions into one box and would regularly mock religion, including Christianity, and those who followed it.

Now, I was never an atheist but I bounced back and forth during those years between agnosticism and deism with the belief that following any organized religion was simply buying into a fairy tale. Sure, God may exist but miracles and the Resurrection and all that? C'mon!

During those years, a friend turned me onto Christopher Hitchens and I used to watch his two-hour long debates thinking the other guy was such a stupid fool arguing for the credibility of what amounted to myths. And though I thought I was taking joy in believing I was somehow smarter and more enlightened than believers, I always felt an empty hole within and I would look at believers with almost a sense of jealousy. It took me until nearly middle-age to finally acknowledge it. I wouldn't say I had a "ah-ha" moment but it was more like a slow walk towards Christ. Or like a small flame inside of me that finally, I allowed to grow instead of snuffing it out. I went from never thinking about God at all to not being able to stop thinking about Him every single day.

Recently, I learned about the Unforgivable Sin, and while I may not have a 100% clear grasp on it, it's been concerning me greatly. I spent so much of my adulthood mocking God, mocking the Holy Spirit and mocking believers. What I'm afraid of is that the damage is done, so to speak, and my ignorance and mockery has tainted my soul to the point it may not be redeemable. I hope I have this wrong. Is there anyone here who can lay out clearly what the Unforgivable Sin is exactly and tell me honestly, have I committed it? Is there no way back?

I thank you all in advance.

sandman

Aug 17, 2003
MI
✟122,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Constitution
Hello everyone,

This is something that's been poking at me recently.

Just some background, when I was late teen and young man in my 20s (I'm 40 now) I was very antagonistic towards religion. I think a big part of that had to do with the fact that I was 18 when 9/11 happened and that event turned me aggressively against religion. I remember an old slogan back then: "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." I ignorantly lumped all religions into one box and would regularly mock religion, including Christianity, and those who followed it.

Now, I was never an atheist but I bounced back and forth during those years between agnosticism and deism with the belief that following any organized religion was simply buying into a fairy tale. Sure, God may exist but miracles and the Resurrection and all that? C'mon!

During those years, a friend turned me onto Christopher Hitchens and I used to watch his two-hour long debates thinking the other guy was such a stupid fool arguing for the credibility of what amounted to myths. And though I thought I was taking joy in believing I was somehow smarter and more enlightened than believers, I always felt an empty hole within and I would look at believers with almost a sense of jealousy. It took me until nearly middle-age to finally acknowledge it. I wouldn't say I had a "ah-ha" moment but it was more like a slow walk towards Christ. Or like a small flame inside of me that finally, I allowed to grow instead of snuffing it out. I went from never thinking about God at all to not being able to stop thinking about Him every single day.

Recently, I learned about the Unforgivable Sin, and while I may not have a 100% clear grasp on it, it's been concerning me greatly. I spent so much of my adulthood mocking God, mocking the Holy Spirit and mocking believers. What I'm afraid of is that the damage is done, so to speak, and my ignorance and mockery has tainted my soul to the point it may not be redeemable. I hope I have this wrong. Is there anyone here who can lay out clearly what the Unforgivable Sin is exactly and tell me honestly, have I committed it? Is there no way back?

I thank you all in advance.
I have heard many different assessments of what the unforgivable sin is ….and honestly the Bible does not come right out and state it…………which is a good thing.

Hopefully I can make this understandable

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

That is a scripture we are all familiar with….

In that verse we see the seed of the serpent and the seed of the woman. Now we know that the woman doesn’t have seed, but we know the reference to that was our savior Jesus Christ. (Luk 1:35)

In addition to that… we know that by making Jesus Christ Lord in our life we are born again (Rom 10:9&10) to which we receive the incorruptible seed (spirit) 1Pe 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

You can’t lose seed (spirit) Just as you cannot lose the seed of your earthly father no matter what you do, “seed is seed”. Your natural body has the seed of your earthly father,….a born again person (body, soul, spirit) has the incorruptible seed of God. Once a person is born again of God’s seed …they cannot commit the unforgivable sin. You can deny God, curse the bible, and beat up Christians for the rest of your life, but you won’t change the seed of God within you.

These are the related biblical scripture on unforgivable sin... (Mat 12:31&32, Mar 3:28&29, Luk 12:10, 1Jo 3:8-12) ….. But I do want to note a few things from Mat 12:31 and Jhn 8:13ff.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy [singular] against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men.

They shall not be forgiven is in the sense of absolute cannot be forgiven…

With “The” article the Spirit (verse 31) is referencing God …who is Spirit (Jhn 4:24)

There is only one sin that is unalterable…. thus making it unforgivable according to God ….that is being born of the devils seed. It is unalterable… just as the seed of God in you is unalterable it cannot be change and thus makes it unforgivable.

Jhn 8:44 tells us why →Ye are of your father the devil,← and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

((I would suggest reading all of Jhn 8:12-59))

Our Father is God …we acquired that position as children when we were born again (seed). At the time Christ spoke this to the Jews…. the new birth was not available to believers… as it is now.

The Pharisees acquired a position as children of darkness. Remember it had been 400 years without a prophet…and in those years of Babylonian mysticism and occult practices…the devil had a field day. These guys were supposed to be the ones who maintained the statutes and practices that God had set up …but instead, they went by the way of Cain.

What I am stating is this...... God can’t (it’s irreversible) forgive someone who makes the serpent their father…because that is seed … seed of the devil…. and seed is seed …it can’t be changed.

I have met those of seed when I was a priest in the satanic arena which I practiced in before God rescued me. You would never know them if you met them on the street, in the banking arena, religious hierarchy, the music industry, or the political arena… although ….God may inform you if it was necessary …but for the most part they would appear like normal people as the Pharisees did in their time.

And if you notice Jesus did not rebuke them (cast them out) in John because He couldn’t…. devil spirits you can cast out …..seed you cannot…it’s permanent.

Of course, what you believe is up to you, …. but that is what I know from both experience and what the truth of the Word indicates.

A person born again cannot commit the unforgivable sin. And a natural person has to be fully aware of what they are doing to make Satan their father …it cannot happen accidently. If you are concerned that you may have committed it ….You haven’t! ………….A person who has accepted Satan as their father knows who they are and what they are, and would never express any concern or wonder as to….. If they had committed the unforgivable sin.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You haven't committed the unpardonable sin. Because satan as antichrist isn't here. At the 6th trump, antichrist arrives in Jerusalem, 5 month period, revelation chapter 9 and second thessalonians chapter 2.
God's election will be used by God at the 6th trump. We're in 5th trump. Only Gods elect can commit the unpardonable sin.
You have nothing to worry about.
If you need help studying the bible. I suggest shepherds chapel, pastor dennis murray. Its on YouTube.. He teaches sound doctrine. Take care.

Upvote 0