twosid

Jun 30, 2003
Woodstock, Georgia
Visit site
✟2,396.00
Faith
Christian
Not endorsing this.

As happens to many young couples, my girlfriend and I have found ourselves confronted with a decision to make about having a child, and we're not sure what to do. There are many options available to us, and a difficult evaluation of the responsibilities and obligations, as well as the joys, that come with raising a child.

Our two real options are either having and raising the child, or aborting. While we'd like to think that adoption is a viable option for us, my girlfriend doesn't believe that she'd be able to give up a child after giving birth to it, and that's not something I'm going to pressure us into doing. We also don't want to be subconsciously resentful of a child that we kept when we weren't ready for it. If we're not ready to raise it, we're not going to bring a baby into the world.

Because of the state we're in, we have about three months to make a decision one way or the other. Right now, we're leaning toward abortion. We're simply not financially secure enough to ensure that we can bring up a kid in the environment it would deserve. It's not that we're poor, we just don't have the stability that we think having a baby necessitates.

Please don't mis-understand, it's not that we _want_ to abort the baby. Although neither of us is particularly pro-life, we don't want to have to have an abortion. We think we'd be pretty good parents, and we both would enjoy raising a kid. We're both from pretty good stock, well educated and intelligent. We'd be able to raise the child in a good environment, teach it right, keep it out of trouble, and introduce a new productive member of humanity to the world. Our kid won't grow up and rob you.
etc..
link

S

SpeekerOfTruth

That's sick, such people who desire money over life should not be helped. Let them do as they wish...surely, they will have their proper reward. God leaves no one unpunished, and His rewards are always just. One thing is for sure, such monstrosities as these people do not deserve a child, but if God wills it, let it be so. If they abort, may the guilt rend them apart, destroy their peace, and pursue them rest of their days until such time as they repent. May the severe torment of this grevious sin follow them everywhere, that they might be spared that eternal torment which justly awaits them. Let it be so, if it accords with God's will. If these people are doing a scam to steal money, may they be accursed forever in your site, O Lord, and not find rest until they repent of their evil deed. Destroy and crush them into absolute desolation, bring them to contrition and save them. In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.