Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Aww, that's so sweet and not condescending of you!

Why not start posting and trying to move it in the direction you'd like to see it go instead of starting a thread with the sole purpose of letting everyone know just how much better you are than them and making a show of your prayers for others?

But hey, I need the prayers, so thanks.

Upvote 0

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Aww, that's so sweet and not condescending of you!

Why not start posting and trying to move it in the direction you'd like to see it go instead of starting a thread with the sole purpose of letting everyone know just how much better you are than them and making a show of your prayers for others?

But hey, I need the prayers, so thanks.
Why post in that direction if all you guys seem to want to do is make fun of everyone and play gags and jokes all the time and not try to use this forum to advocate, I dunno, Catholicism ....... because I don't see a lot of that going on.

Also I hate to tell you but as a Mod I barely have enough time to post privately or for myself on this board I am too busy trying to help others.

That is of course the job I took on, so I am not complaining ....

But in reality I was a little depressed and down and it seems like I can't get out of it, So my original thought was to come here and to post and get nourishment and to ask for some prayers from you all then I thought better that you all needed prayers too

Upvote 0

helenofbritain

St Mary MacKillop of the Cross, pray for us
Oct 24, 2006
Canberra
✟21,561.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Good question.

I wish I knew.

All I know it I'm kinda glad I'm living with my parents have have restricted internet access (and I NEVER thought I'd say that)... because way too many of the threads around here are making me cringe.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I come in to peak around and some of the threads I see well let me just say I am praying for this forum :crossrc:
Well, prayer is a good thing.

As far as having fun threads we also have subforums for witnessing.

You ignore the threads were people introduce their sufferings in life and we offer them support and prayer.

Upvote 0

Snowbunny

Mexican Princess
Jul 24, 2006
Kiawah Island, Charleston South Carolina
Visit site
✟13,581.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Good question.

I wish I knew.

All I know it I'm kinda glad I'm living with my parents have have restricted internet access (and I NEVER thought I'd say that)... because way too many of the threads around here are making me cringe.

... which threads are we talking about? i used to report a lot of threads but i thought the popular opinion was that i was being stuck up and overly sensitive... i thought i was the odd girl out.

debi,

i will pray for you for whatever circumstances you are experiencing that you mentioned...

please do not engage in 'spite prayers' it is using the Lord's name in vain. just say you do not like the direction of OBOB and that many of the threads and posts are inappropriate...

que Dios te bendiga

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Debi1967

Proudly in love with Rushingwind62
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2003
Green Valley, Illinios
Visit site
✟71,555.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
please do not engage in 'spite prayers' it is using the Lord's name in vain. just say you do not like the direction of OBOB and that many of the threads and posts are inappropriate...
Umm it wasn't spite praying I was doing .... I figured that they needed the prayers as much as I did that's all

We all need prayer sometimes and we all lose our vision or way around here sometimes

Upvote 0

Angeldove97

I trust in You
Site Supporter
Jan 6, 2004
Indiana
✟143,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bless you Debi. :hug: :pray: Thank you for praying for your Catholic Brothers and Sisters.

I think OBOB just goes through certain periods---sometimes we can be heavy in Biblical thought or righteous activism to the point of where it makes a newbie Catholic's head spin... other times we can have crude, sexual, and odd threads going on in here. Perhaps when life gets the hardest we need different types of threads, but eventually we'll get back to discussing God and faith.

Upvote 0

geocajun

Priest of the holy smackrament
Dec 25, 2002
✟35,477.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I know sometimes the subject matter around here can be a tad disappointing, but I think the posters in OBOB have really big hearts, and that's what I love about you guys. :kiss:

God bless.
I have the biggest heart!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Why post in that direction if all you guys seem to want to do is make fun of everyone and play gags and jokes all the time and not try to use this forum to advocate, I dunno, Catholicism ....... because I don't see a lot of that going on.
I got bored with the pontificating. (which is what equates to 'advocating Catholicism')-- Now I probably go overboard on jacking around. But given my choice between the two, I'd rather jack around.

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And debi if you don't mind I'd like to know specifically what threads and who you're talking about that you think made/makes the place a ghetto? Give examples. Because just like I used to get tired of the constant blanket accusations that this place is full of hypocrtical pharissees, I'm just as annoyed by the sentiment that we're not good enough to be posting as Catholics because we're not walking around with studded halos on our heads.

Reactions: MrJim
Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And debi if you don't mind I'd like to know specifically what threads and who you're talking about that you think made/makes the place a ghetto? Give examples. Because just like I used to get tired of the constant blanket accusations that this place is full of hypocrtical pharissees, I'm just as annoyed by the sentiment that we're not good enough to be posting as Catholics because we're not walking around with studded halos on our heads.

Studded Halos would be a cool band name, I'm just sayin'....:cool:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.