Prescott, Az
✟40,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
True worship is drawn out by the object of worship and not at the discretion of the worshipper. That's been my experience through the revelation of the Christ.
A strong statement. How does it apply to the instruction of the Lord:"beware of the leaven of the Pharisees." I am not seeing the connection to the topic as presented in the essay.
"True worshippers are those who worship in Spirit and in Truth". This informs me, and I believe to your statement that worship with be inadequate without abiding in the Holy Spirit. Discretion is an interesting word, and seems to reflect the notion of free will. The Holy Spirit can't make you worship. There must be a willing heart. Now I am seeking more elaboration on your choice of words, not that I question the experience you mention, but by way of an opportunity to glorify the Lord.

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟204,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A strong statement. How does it apply to the instruction of the Lord:"beware of the leaven of the Pharisees." I am not seeing the connection to the topic as presented in the essay.
The leaven of the Pharisees is that which was added according to one's own vanity. It denotes a hypocrisy that preaches but does not practice in any sincere esteem of God.

"True worshippers are those who worship in Spirit and in Truth". This informs me, and I believe to your statement that worship with be inadequate without abiding in the Holy Spirit.
As the Holy Spirit educates me in the knowledge of the Character of God, true worship and praise manifests accordingly.

Discretion is an interesting word, and seems to reflect the notion of free will. The Holy Spirit can't make you worship. There must be a willing heart.
Respectfully, I would point out the semantics that occur within the phrase "The Holy Spirit can't make you worship" qualified by "there must be a willing heart". Is this sentiment meant to imply that the Holy Spirit cannot make the heart willing, or that there is not a blindness that prevents the will from seeing God as worthy? If there is a blindness, then the two statements are not mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟204,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one can say, "Jesus is Lord," but by the Holy Spirit. wherefore, I give you to understand that no one, in the Spirit of God speaking, saith Jesus is anathema, and no one is able to say Jesus is Lord, except in the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟40,499.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, 1 Co 12:3. I use it often in support of "You must be born from above". Can someone truly convert by reciting a prayer to 'accept Jesus as Lord and Savior'. Based on this verse, they must first be born again to be a servant, who addresses Jesus as Lord, "by the Holy Spirit'.
Acts 2:38. Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Before Jesus can be what He is, 'Lord and Savior', He must be known for Who He Is:
The Only Begotten Son of God.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟204,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, 1 Co 12:3. I use it often in support of "You must be born from above". Can someone truly convert by reciting a prayer to 'accept Jesus as Lord and Savior'. Based on this verse, they must first be born again to be a servant, who addresses Jesus as Lord, "by the Holy Spirit'.
Acts 2:38. Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Before Jesus can be what He is, 'Lord and Savior', He must be known for Who He Is:
The Only Begotten Son of God.
As I understand it, the Rhema bears witness to the Logos because they are the same. 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

• Informative
Reactions: Mr. M
Upvote 0