Colorado Springs, Co
✟8,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I started this thread here because I read that biblical typology has become controversial to some. I don't understand why since we see examples explained in Galatians and Hebrews. I believe those examples exist to point us in the direction of further discoveries. For example, in Galatians Paul says that Abraham's two wives represented the two covenants. Given that information we should ask who or what Abraham represents. A closer look at Abraham reveals that he is a type for the Father.

Whether you approve of biblical typology or not I welcome your opinion and would like to know why you believe what you believe. If you are interested in typology and have some examples you could share here that would be great.

God Bless!!

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Exodus 4, we see Moses' rod when cast to the ground becomes a serpent, which is a picture of what a truth cast down becomes to us (God being our husbandman and we a garden). And in Numbers 21 we see Moses' rod with a bronze serpent raised high was the antidote for the bite of a serpent in the wilderness...a picture of what Christ high and lifted up on a cross is to us.

Upvote 0

SBC

Jul 9, 2017
US
✟38,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I started this thread here because I read that biblical typology has become controversial to some. I don't understand why since we see examples explained in Galatians and Hebrews. I believe those examples exist to point us in the direction of further discoveries. For example, in Galatians Paul says that Abraham's two wives represented the two covenants. Given that information we should ask who or what Abraham represents. A closer look at Abraham reveals that he is a type for the Father.

Whether you approve of biblical typology or not I welcome your opinion and would like to know why you believe what you believe. If you are interested in typology and have some examples you could share here that would be great.

God Bless!!

I have never been much interested in man's flowery words to put a fix on Gods Word.

Making Abraham, "a type" for the Father, is not so.

Abraham IS, by promise, the Father of all "nations", (ie , the people of all lands, ie lands established as "nations" ).... WHO, are people, WHO have become faithful to God.

And ALL WHO, have become faithful to God, thus Abraham, IS their earthly Father.

TO back up a bit - NATURALLY, via a mans natural seed, Abraham has many, many, natural descendants, called in Scripture, of his Stock.

They are the natural Hebrews and Jews and Muslims and Christians and All who can find their genealogy lines, related to Abraham, directly or lawfully by intermixing, Jew and Gentile.

In other words, Abraham's Natural stock seed, has spread across the globe, effectively, people in every "nation".

While some people may labor and research trying to discover their genealogical link to Abraham, and think they have hit the jackpot of being a descendant of Abraham, and therefore, entitled to being a heir, of Abraham's promised land, to which Christ's earthly Kingdom will sit....and adding up the result in a secular fashion...ah ha, the entrance into Christ's Kingdom guaranteed!!! Uh no!

The promise was made to Abraham, that he would be a Father of MANY nations (ie people who occupy the nations). He is not a "TYPE" of "THEE" Heavenly Father God.

Abraham IS, a Faithful Servant TO THEE Heavenly Father God.

Abraham's SEED, "greater" than his "stock" SEED, 'is' the Seed of God.
The Seed of God, 'is' the SAME Seed, every Faithful man, from every Nations of peoples, have imparted into to them, BY Christ, FOR their belief and submission TO the Word of God.

Every Faithful man on Earth, having Gods Seed, IS the man WHOSE Father is Abraham, by Promise.
(not withstanding be they Jew or Gentile)

Every Faithful man on Earth, having Gods Seed, IS therefore, a son of Abraham, and Heir to Abraham's promised land.

Jesus was on Earth, IS Gods Seed, therefore has Gods Seed, IS Faithful, therefore IS a son of Abraham, ie a Son of man, and Heir to Abraham's promised land. Which BTW, is also where, David's everlasting kingdom and throne was established, and the Earthly throne, BY WHICH, lawfully, a JEW, must sit. And precisely WHY, Jesus came to Earth, being revealed to mankind, according to man's law,
a lawful Jew, ie the son of a Jewish woman, ie Mary, as Jews account blood-line. As well, according to man's law of the Gentiles, the lawful son of a human man, ie Joseph.

I am a Gentile, and Abraham is my Earthly Father, by promise, Because I am faithful to God, and have His Seed. The land promised to Abraham is my promised inheritance to occupy and dwell upon such land.

About ALL of Abraham's STOCK descendants? No. They shall not ALL inherit his promised land. For them, for any Gentiles; those who shall inherit Abraham's Land, are those ONLY with the indwelling Seed of God, the Faithful, just as was Abraham.

Gen 15; [6] And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.

Luke 3 [8] Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Rom 4
[16] Therefore it is of faith, that it might be by grace; to the end the promise might be sure to all the seed; not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham; who is the father of us all,

Gal 3
[7] Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Gal 3
[16] Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

Gal 3
[29] And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Here Jesus is prepared to be revealed to the world, AS a JEW, by having taken upon himself the genealogy line of Abraham, to satisfy man's law.

Heb 2
[16] For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Here Jesus reveals Abraham's encounter and Abraham's reaction of having received the Seed of God.

John 8
[58] Jesus said unto them, Verily,verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

John 8
[56] Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad.

What day?

The day Abraham received the blessing, from the King of Salem; the King, High Priest, without beginning, without ending. Thee same we who are faithful receive His blessing of His Seed.

Gen 14
[18] And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God.
[19] And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

Who is not glad to be blessed by the King Himself ?
And what greater gift can thee King give a man, other than his Seed for forever eternal life with Him?

So, was Jesus the Son of man? Absolutely. And that man IS; Abraham, the Father of faithful men on earth, with Gods Seed.

God Bless,
SBC

Upvote 0

Adstar

May 10, 2005
New South Wales
✟49,258.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

God Bless!!

It is interesting to look into.. And i have used it before also.. But it is something that can be falsely used to make false interpretations of scripture.. So it is like walking through a mine field.. One must be careful that the example put before us does not teach something that is in rebellion against the clear message of the Bible.. The plain message of the Bible that is...

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've never heard the term "biblical typology" before. Can you share some articles or resources that you've seen? I don't quite understand why it's controversial (but it does seem that whenever different words or thoughts are used....things are controversial). I see a lot of symbolism and metaphors in most of the Bible...so it seems to fall in line with orthodox theology.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is controversial, very controversial, since so many interpretations are completely phony.
Only the one YHWH revealed,
the same one YHWH reveals every time
He grants it from heaven
is true. Whenever YHWH reveals / gives understanding of Scriptures, it is always absolutely, completely, and fully true - never any discrepancy, never any contradiction with any Scripture , never any contradiction with His Plan, and never any contradiction with His Purpose.

Since so many traditions are contradicting some if not a lot of Scripture,
since so many interpretations are contradicting some if not all of YHWH'S Plan,

there is an overwhelming supply of controversy.

Upvote 0

typological1

Oct 13, 2017
Colorado Springs, Co
✟8,357.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've never heard the term "biblical typology" before. Can you share some articles or resources that you've seen? I don't quite understand why it's controversial (but it does seem that whenever different words or thoughts are used....things are controversial). I see a lot of symbolism and metaphors in most of the Bible...so it seems to fall in line with orthodox theology.
I do Google searches on biblical typology and it brings up articles on different sites. The different articles usually have a few examples.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,271,286.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

I think you’ll like this one.

Reactions: typological1
Upvote 0

PeaceJoyLove

Apr 9, 2017
Nova Scotia
✟66,922.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The whole of scripture is the narrative of our soul's journey/process taking place within to becoming One/no more duality within. Our soul likened to the land...dry and parched, wrestling from dark of night until morning (Jacob) for the promise and a new name. Wandering between two mountains in the wilderness being bitten by serpents. A garden and two trees in the midst...one is death (spiritually) and a deep slumber. The other a tree of LIFE and being blinded (by the Light) to SEE. Which has to do with where we are perceiving from as it relates to the question God asked Adam (after eating the feast prepared by the woman and our invitation to the wedding feast prepared by the father) "Where art thou?"

For the kingdom comes not by observation, an over here or over there, for it is within. Perceiving with the five senses or the spirit within...

Reactions: typological1
Upvote 0