Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You want to teach your children respect and let them watch shows that show disrespect?

I also teach them the value of freedom of expression and how humor and satire are meant for laughs and not for taking it seriously. And how majorly important these things are in a free society.

Otherwise, we end up with a generation of people who go on riots when a certain character is depicted in a certain way.

That's part of education and raising respectfull adults.

Unlike what you seem to be suggesting, my children don't get their education from characters on a TV screen. My children understand that fictional TV and cartoons aren't the real world.

Right...that works really well. Kids will throw out what you attempt to teach them in favor of popular culture

Only if I do a bad job.

No thanks...I'll keep watching my geek documentaries...

Watching some episodes of south part or family guy, doesn't mean that they don't get to watch educational documentaries as well.

they're a whole lot more interesting than some stupid cartoon. I haven't watched a sitcom since the 70's.

Good for you. Is it okay if I, as a free person in this free society, enjoy a good laugh now and then? Because it sounds like you don't think so.

Maybe get that stick out of your ....

Upvote 0