OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
May God be ever with us as the time of His return draws nigh...the waters will DEFINITELY be rough, but with Him at the helm, we will prevail. As the end approaches us, bearing down on us with speed we can't even imagine, the study of His word, the knowledge we attain from the bible will be most essential to seeing us through. For without it, we wouldn't be able to see the false prophets...those who have no "light", for they are here, my brethren and in tremendous number.

People can pick our church apart all they want, they can tear at her foundation with everything thing negative to say they can find, and she will stand...oh yes, she WILL stand.

Bear in mind, that no matter how much she is torn at, and ridiculed, called a cult even, that that makes absolutely no sense, and anyone with a brain would know that, even those doing the name calling.

The Seventh-day Adventist church teaches biblical salvation, the same as all (those denominations based on christianity) of the others do. We teach all about Jesus Christ, from his birth, through his ministry, to his horrible death on Calvary. We teach how that death atoned for ALL OF OUR SINS, and that all we have to do to be saved is believe on Him, on how He died, but more importantly that He rose again in 3 days. That His death covered us with His righteousness, a righteousness that alone, we would never be able to have on our own. We know that he stands in that sanctuary on high, intercessing for us with the Father. We longingly await His return for us, and we weep for those who are still lost, and who we so desperately want to reach before it is too late. Now, does THAT sound like the teachings of a cult?

Here are some of the falsehoods that some believe about our church:

1. You have to be a vegetarian. NO, you do NOT have to be a vegetarian.we believe that it is the healthiest way to eat and it's encouraged but not forced.

2. You MUST believe Ellen White was a prophetess, a messenger of God.
NO, you do NOT have to believe that, it is not a requirement for membership. I was left to make up my own mind about Ellen White, and I have talked to manyothers who have told me the same. I believe she was a messenger of God, but Icame to that conclusion on my own. I can't read her books fast enough.

3. You have to believe that the Archangel Michael and Jesus are the same people. NO, you do NOT have to believe that in order to be a member of our church.

4. SDA's believe THEY are God's REMNANT church, and that they are the only oneswho will ascend to Jesus when He returns. NO, we do NOT believe that we are the only ones who will ascend to Jesus when He returns. We DO believe that we are PART of God's remnant church, but we know that God's remnant people arescattered over the 4 corners of this earth. We want nothing more than for EVERYone of God's children to be His remnant.

Seeing as I am still an infant in my faith, if anyone can think of any other "falsehoods" that people have been told and believe to be true about our church, please share them.

We are ALL God's children, and we need to start LOVING one another and HELPING one another, and stop fighting with and against one another.

smooze

Contributor
Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
✟95,567.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Private
Eventually someone will come across the right "formula" I pray. The Seventh Day Adventists are close. I choose to be 1 for their Biblically backed Doctrine. I was raised a Jehovah's witness They have took Idolatry to a new level. This is the area we all fall flat on our faces. This internet is part of the corruption of the "beast". It takes up so much of our time. AMEN. We all scream like little babies when our internet doesn't work! LOL There will be NO computers in Heaven people.. God Bless. Thats why im in here with fellow Christians. Ministry..........Be the glory to GOD

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
JonathanSDA living word said:
Eventually someone will come across the right "formula" I pray. The Seventh Day Adventists are close. I choose to be 1 for their Biblically backed Doctrine. I was raised a Jehovah's witness They have took Idolatry to a new level. This is the area we all fall flat on our faces. This internet is part of the corruption of the "beast". It takes up so much of our time. AMEN. We all scream like little babies when our internet doesn't work! LOL There will be NO computers in Heaven people.. God Bless. Thats why im in here with fellow Christians. Ministry..........Be the glory to GOD

You say that "Seventh Day Adventists are close".

How close are they?

What area do you consider them to be in error or should say in your opinion not close enough?

Upvote 0

smooze

Contributor
Mar 4, 2005
Visit site
✟95,567.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Private
We all fall short of the glory of GOD. A bible backed Church is good enough for me. If the apostle Paul could turn the whole Jewish nation on it's head then all things are small in comparison. When Jesus chose Saul He certainly did His homework. I don't think any denomination have all the answers. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Cliff2

Oct 7, 2004
✟11,993.00
Faith
SDA
We all fall short of the glory of GOD. A bible backed Church is good enough for me. If the apostle Paul could turn the whole Jewish nation on it's head then all things are small in comparison. When Jesus chose Saul He certainly did His homework. I don't think any denomination have all the answers. God Bless.

I am not talking about the people themselves but what the demonination believes.

"I don't think any denomination have all the answers"

What questions do you have that Adventists can't answer for you?

Upvote 0
H

HoneyDew

I do agree with you, Jonathan, no one has all the answers. We (and I mean all men) go with what makes sense to them. Some people read and study for themselves, others sit at the feet of teachers and take what they say. Within the frame of every doctrine, our beliefs in that doctrine will be colored by our worldview. I think that we need to be constantly "studying to show ourselves approved" even though the knowledge we glean may cause scrath our heads and think, "how come they did not tell me/I did not see it before?"

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
HoneyDew said:
Well, since you asked. Genesis 1:2 tells us that God's Spirit hovered over the face of the waters ... which tells me ... hmm DOES NOT tell me when the waters were created.
So, according to Gen, were the waters created BEFORE the universe? Or, what?
Though it doesn't state it outright, since Gen 1:2 says that God's Spirit moved upon the face of the waters it must mean that the waters were created in Gen 1:1; which reads "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." So when it says "earth" that likely means both water and land. And it isn't until verse 9 that God seperates the waters from the land.

The only other answer would be that water existed before the creation of the heaven and earth.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
PaleHorse said:
Though it doesn't state it outright, since Gen 1:2 says that God's Spirit moved upon the face of the waters it must mean that the waters were created in Gen 1:1; which reads "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." So when it says "earth" that likely means both water and land. And it isn't until verse 9 that God seperates the waters from the land.

The only other answer would be that water existed before the creation of the heaven and earth.
That's not the only possibility however, though it may be the only other answer. At least, you are working on it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
statrei said:
That's not the only possibility however, though it may be the only other answer. At least, you are working on it.
Please, offer your opinion.
To be honest it really is much work, as you put it. And possibilities do not interest me as much as answers - I don't study to look for possibilities when an answer is already presented. If the answer leaves reasonable room for doubt then searching the possibilites is the next step.

Upvote 0

statrei

Jun 25, 2004
Indiana/Virginia
✟3,125.00
Faith
SDA
PaleHorse said:
Please, offer your opinion.
To be honest it really is much work, as you put it. And possibilities do not interest me as much as answers - I don't study to look for possibilities when an answer is already presented. If the answer leaves reasonable room for doubt then searching the possibilites is the next step.
That is the best evidence we have that Moses did not intend for us to use his report as a textbook of the mechanism of creation. If God created the universe then water had to be a part of that creation. Yet, it is not mentioned in any of the days of creation. Those who have used Gen. 1 to indicate anything other than the fact of Who created have misused the text. And that is not the only flag Moses included.

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree that Moses did not intend Gen 1 to be a scientific textbook as to how creation happened. But I would disagree that Gen 1's only purpose is to say Who did the creating - for there are many details included in the text that lead to logical answers of various things. If Moses' only intent was to say Who did the creating he simply could have said "God created everything and He did it in seven days"...but he didn't. So no, the text has not been misused in this forum at least. I'm sure it has been in others however.

Upvote 0

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Wow, how did my post go to debating about who did it, and when was water created?

I don't understand this kind of banter...I'm sure statrei thinks he has a good reason for it, but I'm not sure what it is. I do know one thing for certain...WHEN water was created has absolutely nothing to do with my salvation...and seeing as God CREATED the earth, and the oceans and seas and lakes, etc. are a part of that earth (at least in my mind), and SEEING as God created MAN He would know just what that creation would need to survive....(huge intake of breath) AND seeing as we can live longer WITHOUT food than WITHOUT water, I'd think it's safe to say HE CREATED water during creation week, but most DEFINITELY before He created man.

How's THAT for a run-on sentence??!!

Upvote 0

PaleHorse

Veteran
Jun 1, 2005
Arkansas
Visit site
✟16,859.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
SassySDA said:
Wow, how did my post go to debating about who did it, and when was water created?

I don't understand this kind of banter...I'm sure statrei thinks he has a good reason for it, but I'm not sure what it is. I do know one thing for certain...WHEN water was created has absolutely nothing to do with my salvation...and seeing as God CREATED the earth, and the oceans and seas and lakes, etc. are a part of that earth (at least in my mind), and SEEING as God created MAN He would know just what that creation would need to survive....(huge intake of breath) AND seeing as we can live longer WITHOUT food than WITHOUT water, I'd think it's safe to say HE CREATED water during creation week, but most DEFINITELY before He created man.

How's THAT for a run-on sentence??!!
Hahaha! You crack me up Sassy.

And I agree, when water was created had nothing to do with ones salvation - but I'm sure someone will try and make a ridiculous point as to why it is important. I look forward to that reply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SassySDA

Aug 12, 2005
OH
✟1,169.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
PaleHorse said:
Hahaha! You crack me up Sassy.

And I agree, when water was created had nothing to do with ones salvation - but I'm sure someone will try and make a ridiculous point as to why it is important. I look forward to that reply.

Rofl ^_^

Upvote 0