Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all

Glad to see some other people around here. I've been TTC for about four months now, but we've not used contraception for 18 months since my daughter was born. We would love to have another baby. I'm struggling at the moment because I'm finding my job very tiring and consuming of my time (I'm a teacher) and thinking about giving up work so that we can focus a bit more on time as a family and TTC. Not made a decision yet.

Well, that's it for now. Going to put my feet up for 5 minutes before my husband brings my daughter home from her grandparents'.

:)

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi all

Glad to see some other people around here. I've been TTC for about four months now, but we've not used contraception for 18 months since my daughter was born. We would love to have another baby. I'm struggling at the moment because I'm finding my job very tiring and consuming of my time (I'm a teacher) and thinking about giving up work so that we can focus a bit more on time as a family and TTC. Not made a decision yet.

Well, that's it for now. Going to put my feet up for 5 minutes before my husband brings my daughter home from her grandparents'.

:)

Nice to have you here! :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks ladies. It seems like since Thursday I've been surrounded by babies and the fact that I am, once again, not pregnant. Combine that with AF (yep, came Friday... one day after testing), I've been a wreck! I woke my husband up at 1am this morning bawling about it.

I think I'm fearful that it will never happen, that there may be something wrong with my body or his that will prevent us from having children. It's a fear that I need to work through with God, give it over to Him. I remember a few months ago after watching the movie "P.S. I Love You", for days I cried over the fear of losing my husband. Eventually, after giving it over to God, I've gotten over that overwhelming fear (it overwhelmed me to the point that it consumed my thoughts day after day, wondering if he's ok, or if I'll see him again or not). I think I need to take a few days and give this to God. I need to give up my fear of not being able to have children and place it in his arms and trust that His way is best for my life, be that as it may. Maybe then, my heart and soul will be ready to embrace a child in my life.

I'm sorry this was so long, I needed to get it out and tell someone else other than my husband. He is great and listens to me and lets me cry on his shoulder, but I haven't shared this with anyone else and it helps to let someone know where I'm at.

Thanks again ladies for the prayers and hugs, it means so much to know that other people care!

Upvote 0

1Sam24:12

..but mine hand shall not be upon thee. 1Sam24:12.
Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks ladies. It seems like since Thursday I've been surrounded by babies and the fact that I am, once again, not pregnant. Combine that with AF (yep, came Friday... one day after testing), I've been a wreck! I woke my husband up at 1am this morning bawling about it.

I think I'm fearful that it will never happen, that there may be something wrong with my body or his that will prevent us from having children. It's a fear that I need to work through with God, give it over to Him. I remember a few months ago after watching the movie "P.S. I Love You", for days I cried over the fear of losing my husband. Eventually, after giving it over to God, I've gotten over that overwhelming fear (it overwhelmed me to the point that it consumed my thoughts day after day, wondering if he's ok, or if I'll see him again or not). I think I need to take a few days and give this to God. I need to give up my fear of not being able to have children and place it in his arms and trust that His way is best for my life, be that as it may. Maybe then, my heart and soul will be ready to embrace a child in my life.

I'm sorry this was so long, I needed to get it out and tell someone else other than my husband. He is great and listens to me and lets me cry on his shoulder, but I haven't shared this with anyone else and it helps to let someone know where I'm at.

Thanks again ladies for the prayers and hugs, it means so much to know that other people care!

Oh have I been there. I like to call it the "crash and burn" syndrome. You go a few months doing fine and then it's that one month that you just cave in to the whole thing. I understand that fear. But be encouraged that God has not given you a spirit of fear but of love, power and a sound mind. God has promised you, as His child that you would not be barren (Deuteronomy 7:14 ~ Thou shalt be blessed above all people: there shall not be male or female barren among you, or among your cattle.)

Most couples (perfectly healthy couples) take on average 6 months to conceive, so try not to worry. I am certain that you will conceive soon!

I know that it's hard when you love your husband so much and you want to bring a baby, part of the two of you and your love for one another, into your life. I won't tell you to just relax, because that is so much easier said than done when you have this desire in your heart.

God wouldn't have put this desire in your heart to have a baby if He didn't have every intention to give it to you (Psalm 37:4-5~ Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.) Even Solomon said that the womb never cries enough (Proverbs 30:16 ~ The grave; and the barren womb; the earth that is not filled with water; and the fire that saith not, It is enough.)

Try to focus on these promises from God and begin to thank Him for the children that you are going to have and His word is true all of the time!
You will have children, Kelly. :)

Have you given any more thought to using an OPK? I really think that it will help you pin point your most fertile days and take some of the pressure off of you.

I have been and will continue to pray for you and your hubby. :hug:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1Sam24:12

..but mine hand shall not be upon thee. 1Sam24:12.
Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Last month my husband and I got some really great news from the doctor about my
husbands counts and motility and we were so excited about this cycle. Back in July
we had gotten a report from the Dr. when we went in for my IUI that my husband's
motility had dropped by down to 10% and the Dr. wanted us to consider IVF
because he felt that IUI was no longer a viable option for us.
We knew that IVF wasn't a route that we would take because of our personal
convictions as well as the cost of IVF was way out of our financial means.

We took some time and prayed, believing God for my husband's healing.
Last month we had another sperm analysis done and we were so blessed to hear
that his motility had increased 16% (up to 26% - higher than it had ever been).
This brought us back to the place where we would be candidates to continue with
IUI with a great chance of conception within 3-6 months.

Friday we were all ready to go and the Dr. came in with the news that my husband's
motility was at 0%. No IUI. No chance for a baby and we have been referred back
to a urologist to find out what is killing my husband's sperm and if anything can be
done. We are going to this appointment to see what can be done - if anything.

The reason that I am saying all this is that I probably won't be back in TTC. This has
been a long, emotionally and spiritually draining experience and it looks like this
is the end of the road for us in this journey.

I hope the best for you all - God grant you the children that you all desire.
Much love,
Twinkie

Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
husbands counts and motility and we were so excited about this cycle. Back in July
we had gotten a report from the Dr. when we went in for my IUI that my husband's

Friday we were all ready to go and the Dr. came in with the news that my husband's
to a urologist to find out what is killing my husband's sperm and if anything can be

The reason that I am saying all this is that I probably won't be back in TTC. This has
been a long, emotionally and spiritually draining experience and it looks like this

Much love,
Twinkie

This made me cry:( I'm sorry and still praying:hug:

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Much love,
Twinkie

I'm so sorry. I pray that the LORD will bring you the children you desire. It sounds like your husband's sperm have gone up and down in motility so I pray that they will go up again. Perhaps stopping TTC is better for you spiritually and emotionally right now, but the Lord may perform a miracle for you even though you aren't trying. God bless you,

Maharg

Reactions: 1Sam24:12
Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm so sorry to hear that Twinkie. You have been such a big help and support for me in my journey thus far. I will continue to pray for you and your husband. Our God is a great God and he can do great and miraculous things and I pray that he will heal your husband and bring you two a baby. Please keep in touch though!

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
sorry to hear that twinkie... I have no words, that would be shattering. I just pray for God's peace on both you and your husband, His will prevail...

I feel a bit bad posting now. I won't be back in TTC either, but for a different reason. I finally got my BFP on saturday! I guess cycle 12 was it for us this time!

I hope those still waiting are not waiting much longer!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.