TTCers Unite! ~a place to chat~ (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Sam24:12

..but mine hand shall not be upon thee. 1Sam24:12.
Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone, I'm out for this month, AF showed up today. So'k, wasn't holding much hope for this month anyway!
So it's onward to cycle 11...

How are you doing? Haven't seen you around in about a week. Hope all is well.

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yay! I'll be praying that this is the cycle for you and your hubby. If you are able to refrain from BD 3 days before you expect your most fertile days then I don't see why you couldn't BD on your three fertile days. Try not to go past 5 days of abstinence because you can't "store up" his soldiers for more than 5 days. After 5 days it will affect his count and motility (they will start to die off and be sluggish). I hope that I am not getting to personal, but are you using an OPK to track your LH surge?

Not too personal at all! No, we're not using OPK, but I use FAM and chart my temps and my cervical fluid/position daily. My doctor recommended that we use the OPK if we haven't conceived within the next few months.

That makes sense about refraining for a few days and then being able to go 3 straight days, something we will keep in mind if this cycle ends in a BFN.

Upvote 0

Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Not too personal at all! No, we're not using OPK, but I use FAM and chart my temps and my cervical fluid/position daily. My doctor recommended that we use the OPK if we haven't conceived within the next few months.

That makes sense about refraining for a few days and then being able to go 3 straight days, something we will keep in mind if this cycle ends in a BFN.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that you'll get a BFP this month and you won't have to worry about all the other! I use to chart but since we started IUI, my Dr. told me not to worry about the charting and stuff and just do the opk. It has been alot better for me mentally to not do the charts because it had me thinking about TTC from the moment I woke up in the morning until I went to bed at night. Now all I have to do is have an ultra sound every month and POAS every morning and afternoon until I get a surge! lol

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that you'll get a BFP this month and you won't have to worry about all the other! I use to chart but since we started IUI, my Dr. told me not to worry about the charting and stuff and just do the opk. It has been alot better for me mentally to not do the charts because it had me thinking about TTC from the moment I woke up in the morning until I went to bed at night. Now all I have to do is have an ultra sound every month and POAS every morning and afternoon until I get a surge! lol

Thank you! I'll keep you in my prayers and hope that you get a positive soon too! Do you have to use the OPK everyday or just around the time that you think you're fertile?

Upvote 0

Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you! I'll keep you in my prayers and hope that you get a positive soon too! Do you have to use the OPK everyday or just around the time that you think you're fertile?

It all depends on your cycle length. I usually start using it around the 8th day of my cycle just to be on the safe side and make sure I don't miss it.
I know that it's a little early but I always think, better safe than sorry! ;)
You can think that you are fertile and have all the signs and still be way off. For instance, you can mistake BD fluid for cm and once your temp rises, it's too late for that month. You skip all that guessing with the opk. (Am I sounding like a commercial?) Once you get an LH surge, you know that you will ovulate within 24-48 hours and you can put on the romantic music and light the candles! LOL

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It all depends on your cycle length. I usually start using it around the 8th day of my cycle just to be on the safe side and make sure I don't miss it.
I know that it's a little early but I always think, better safe than sorry! ;)
You can think that you are fertile and have all the signs and still be way off. For instance, you can mistake BD fluid for cm and once your temp rises, it's too late for that month. You skip all that guessing with the opk. (Am I sounding like a commercial?) Once you get an LH surge, you know that you will ovulate within 24-48 hours and you can put on the romantic music and light the candles! LOL

lol, I think I might look into them when I hit the store tomorrow (I have to buy more pregnancy tests!). If it helps take some of the guess work out of it, I'm for it! Sometimes my cycles are a little confusing, I will have what seems like 2 patches of fertile cm, one will end and another will start up 3-4 days later, resulting in a temperature rise and ovulation.

Upvote 0

Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
How about you Twinkie? How's it looking for you this month? I've remembered to pray for you a few times this week. :)

You are so sweet! Actually, I should ovulate soon based on past OPKs. We decided to take a break this cycle. I don't think you can ever not have hope even when you're not "trying." Sometimes I think that we try even when we don't try... kind of like breathing. hahaha
If I do get pregnant this cycle, it will be nothing short of a miracle without having an IUI. If it's not our miracle cycle, then it's off to the Dr. for another ultrasound.
Did you ever get a temp rise? I'm keeping you lifted up in prayer, too! :hug:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How are you doing? Haven't seen you around in about a week. Hope all is well.

Thanks sweetie! I'm still here, still plodding along. Life gets busy and I'm trying to limit computer time some.

As for this cycle - cycle 11 - meh. I'm on CD 13 today, no sign of O yet, but I don't usually til around CD20. Not 'trying' really this month anyway, no OPK's. I'm a bit TTC burned out atm - and slowly coming to terms with being happy to have only my 2 children. We'll see...

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You are so sweet! Actually, I should ovulate soon based on past OPKs. We decided to take a break this cycle. I don't think you can ever not have hope even when you're not "trying." Sometimes I think that we try even when we don't try... kind of like breathing. hahaha
If I do get pregnant this cycle, it will be nothing short of a miracle without having an IUI. If it's not our miracle cycle, then it's off to the Dr. for another ultrasound.
Did you ever get a temp rise? I'm keeping you lifted up in prayer, too! :hug:

I understand about taking a break. I feel like sometimes I let it consume my thoughts and I'd rather just not worry about it and let it happen, if it's going to happen. I'm still crossing my fingers for a BFP for you this month! God can do amazing things!

No temp rise yet, but I'm still seeing fertile signs. I had what I'm hoping is ovulatory pain on my left side all morning, so I think it's coming. I have relatively long cycles, so I usually ovulate around day 22-26.

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks sweetie! I'm still here, still plodding along. Life gets busy and I'm trying to limit computer time some.

As for this cycle - cycle 11 - meh. I'm on CD 13 today, no sign of O yet, but I don't usually til around CD20. Not 'trying' really this month anyway, no OPK's. I'm a bit TTC burned out atm - and slowly coming to terms with being happy to have only my 2 children. We'll see...

:hug: TTC definitely takes an emotional toll. Maybe it'll just happen this month anyways!

Upvote 0

Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married

It's so good to see you! It's funny that you should say that you're on cd 13... I am too! That's wild. I was just telling aunt_kelly earlier that we decided not to "try" this cycle too. Needed a little break as well, so I completely understand where you are coming from. I am praying for you and believing for you to have as many babies as your heart desires. :hug:
Please don't be a stranger!

Upvote 0

Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I understand about taking a break. I feel like sometimes I let it consume my thoughts and I'd rather just not worry about it and let it happen, if it's going to happen. I'm still crossing my fingers for a BFP for you this month! God can do amazing things!

No temp rise yet, but I'm still seeing fertile signs. I had what I'm hoping is ovulatory pain on my left side all morning, so I think it's coming. I have relatively long cycles, so I usually ovulate around day 22-26.

:amen: God can do amazing things. Thanks so much for your support!
It can consume your thoughts. Even when you think that you're not
thinking about it, you still know off the top of your head what cd you
are on, you automatically notice what type cm you have, ovulatory
twinges and start watching everything you put in your body after O
to make sure your not eating something that could cause contractions
just in case your pregnant. If it weren't so insane it would be funny. ;)

I figured that you probably have long cycles from what you said earlier.
It's good for you to have a longer LP. I have a good feeling about this
cycle for you. Maybe we'll all get a big BFP this time! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

:amen: God can do amazing things. Thanks so much for your support!
It can consume your thoughts. Even when you think that you're not
thinking about it, you still know off the top of your head what cd you
are on, you automatically notice what type cm you have, ovulatory
twinges and start watching everything you put in your body after O
to make sure your not eating something that could cause contractions
just in case your pregnant. If it weren't so insane it would be funny. ;)

I figured that you probably have long cycles from what you said earlier.
It's good for you to have a longer LP. I have a good feeling about this
cycle for you. Maybe we'll all get a big BFP this time! :thumbsup:

Praying for you ladies and believing that this is your month in Jesus Name:clap::thumbsup::pray:

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone!

I'm a bit melancholy about it all atm. Everyone around me just 'decides' to fall pg, and now at 11 cycles (12mths) this time, 11mths TTC#1 and 6mths for #2 (with AC), TTC-ing is really how I've lived my whole adult life... I guess I'll never know the carefree planning to have a convenient baby...

Anyway, enough whining! CD14 today, temps are looking nice enough so far this cycle. Soooooooo tired today - one of those weeks when 2 children looks like enough Lol!

Good luck for this month you guys!

Upvote 0

Jul 17, 2006
✟21,625.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks everyone!

I'm a bit melancholy about it all atm. Everyone around me just 'decides' to fall pg, and now at 11 cycles (12mths) this time, 11mths TTC#1 and 6mths for #2 (with AC), TTC-ing is really how I've lived my whole adult life... I guess I'll never know the carefree planning to have a convenient baby...

Anyway, enough whining! CD14 today, temps are looking nice enough so far this cycle. Soooooooo tired today - one of those weeks when 2 children looks like enough Lol!

Good luck for this month you guys!

I'm sorry you are having a hard time this go round. When you're TTC it does seem like you notice everyone around you seems to be getting pg. It's not that you don't want them to have a baby, you just want it to be you too. When you have your new bundle of joy, you will be able to tell him/her how much you wanted and loved them and how you pushed through to bring them into this world. Your children will always know how much you desired to have them. :hug:

I don't even know about my temps... I know that I have felt all pooped out today too - so it must be in the water. lol I found myself praying for you today while cooking. I am holding you up in prayer and have all hope that this is your month! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.