Quietly trusting in God's goodness and love
Jul 9, 2006
✟8,031.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It really is quiet!

Well AF arrived last Tuesday so no BFP this month, which I am a little sad about. I'm also worried my cycle has gone weird because I ovulated so late, and with that in mind my cycle should have lasted 31 days (14 days past ovulation) but it ended on day 27. I hope it goes back to normal next month. I will keep track of it over the next few months and if ovulation is still late with a short luteal phase I may have to talk to my doctor.

Have you thought about charting your tempertature? I use the website www.fertilityfriend.com It's brilliant and free with loads of info and tips. I would have completely missed ovulation last month if I'd assumed it was half way through my cycle (which is average). I used to get a week of spotting before my period too, but you don't start counting day 1 until the first day of full on red discharge (sorry if TMI).

Wow, not using contraception all that time. You were brave, can you imagine if you'd fallen pregnant not long after giving birth - you'd have had 2 babes under 1! I know two people in my church who have had that happen and will have a 11 month old and a newborn. I will be glad for my son to be a bit older when no. 2 comes along, God willing.

We might not ttc this month as my husband feels we may be rushing into things, since it has only been about 4 months since I have been completely recovered from severe post natal depression. So we are taking a month to pray and talk about it again. I hope he doesn't want to wait too long as I would really like another baby soon, but I know it is all in God's hands.

Upvote 0

Maharg

wanting greater intimacy with Jesus
Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It really is quiet!

Well AF arrived last Tuesday so no BFP this month, which I am a little sad about. I'm also worried my cycle has gone weird because I ovulated so late, and with that in mind my cycle should have lasted 31 days (14 days past ovulation) but it ended on day 27. I hope it goes back to normal next month. I will keep track of it over the next few months and if ovulation is still late with a short luteal phase I may have to talk to my doctor.

Have you thought about charting your tempertature? I use the website www.fertilityfriend.com It's brilliant and free with loads of info and tips. I would have completely missed ovulation last month if I'd assumed it was half way through my cycle (which is average). I used to get a week of spotting before my period too, but you don't start counting day 1 until the first day of full on red discharge (sorry if TMI).

Wow, not using contraception all that time. You were brave, can you imagine if you'd fallen pregnant not long after giving birth - you'd have had 2 babes under 1! I know two people in my church who have had that happen and will have a 11 month old and a newborn. I will be glad for my son to be a bit older when no. 2 comes along, God willing.

We might not ttc this month as my husband feels we may be rushing into things, since it has only been about 4 months since I have been completely recovered from severe post natal depression. So we are taking a month to pray and talk about it again. I hope he doesn't want to wait too long as I would really like another baby soon, but I know it is all in God's hands.

Hi BookwormPrincess,

Sorry to hear about the BFN - and sorry you've had postnatal depression. I've ben depressed before and I know how awful it is.

You're right about it being in God's hands about our having children. He encourages us to be fruitful, but it all happens in His timing. We decided not to use contraception because I was finding sex painful anyway, and it was just adding to the discomfort, and I was fairly sure I wasn't ovulating until my daughter ws about 6 months old. When I prayed about having more children, it seemed right to not try but not use contraception, and then in the last month or so, I think God has given His blessing on us trying again. Thanks for the link. I used the website before but had forgotten what it was called, so it will be good to go back there again.

I'm praying that things work out for you and that you get clear direction from God about trying or resting from it, and that both you and your husband have a sense of agreement about what to do. Love to you bith,

Maharg
x:)

Upvote 0

BookwormPrincess

Jul 9, 2006
✟8,031.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thanks Maharg.
I too find sex painful most of the time, which can be quite distressing for us both. Some times in the month it is ok, but other times not.

Glad you found the website again - it is really helpful.

Yes the post natal depression was horrific - it was a very severe form called puerperal psychosis which only affects 1 to 2 in 1000 women who give birth. I was in hospital for 3 weeks with it and had to take medication for 16 months. We have been told there is a 50-60% chance that it will reoccur with subsequent births but we feel it is worth the risk because we don't want our son to be an only child. But it does make the prospect of getting pregnant again and having another baby one of mixed feelings - we really want it but at the same time are scared of me becoming ill again. I will have to go on medication straight after the birth to try and prevent a reoccurance. I am praying that it works.

Hope this month is a BFP for you.

Upvote 0

Maharg

Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello!

BFN this month, but maybe timing is a bit tricky with work anyway and the new baby would have had had a birthday only a few days apart from our daughter's. God knows when He will send baby number two along.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Bookwormprincess, if you're around, hope you are doing ok.

:)

Upvote 0

BookwormPrincess

Jul 9, 2006
✟8,031.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Maharg,
Sorry you had a BFN but good point about the birthdays being so close. God knows, you are right there.

Well, we had a month off from ttcing this month so no "am I, aren't I?" thoughts for me this month. I'm a bit happier with my luteal phase length this month though as it seems to be about 12 or 13, much better than 9, which I had last month.

Back on the wagon so to speak next month.

A friend of mine just told me she is 15 weeks pregnant with her 2nd and I am a tad jealous, although her 1st will be 20 months when the new baby comes so I'm glad my son will be a at least 2 1/2 (that is if we conceive next month).

It's still very quiet on here ..... wonder why?

Upvote 0

Maharg

Apr 9, 2004
UK
✟22,517.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi BookwormPrincess

Hoping and praying this month goes well for you. I started back at work this week after the summer holidays, so I'm glad my cycle has fallen into place so that we're not actively trying for the next week or two. Is is quiet on here isn't it? I guess it's just a period of time where not many are trying. I'll be popping here when I can so hope to see you around!

Better go and get myself ready now. I have a day to myself to catch up on school work, so should make the most of it. Every blessing to you!

Oh, by the way,

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Upvote 0

BookwormPrincess

Jul 9, 2006
✟8,031.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Maharg,

Thanks. I wondered how you knew it was my anniversary and then I remembered my ticker! We've just been out to dinner and it was lovely, but we came back to our little boy still wide awake upstairs with Nanny desperately trying to get him to sleep.

I forgot you are a teacher - so is my husband. Yes, it is good your cycle is behaving nicely. Wish mine was predicatable again, but OPKs aren't working so I don't have clear advance warning and I seem to ovulate anywhere between CD12 and CD18 so that's a long fertile window to cover. Not sure we'll have the energy!

Hope school goes ok once your back at work.

See you around and I hope this month is a BFP for you too.
x

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

heart of peace

Aug 12, 2015
✟10,802.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I'll be praying that you both here God clearly.

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
yeah it's quiet all around CF - I know many have left.

thanks bookwormprincess, we went the Clomid route with my 4y/o DD and 2y/o DS. This time I'm on a plethera of vitamins/supplements to try and regulate my hormones rather than going through the AC stuff again. 9 cycles is pretty expected, many of those were anovulatory/too short LP too...

I'm 7DPO atm, temp still looking pretty good, so far LP is holding out, testing on sunday if AF hasn't shown up...

Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Hey ya'll:wave:hubby and I decided to stop using protection and just let nature take it's course. A conviction that we both felt. Well on Aug 30, I found out I was pregnant. I don't know what went wrong but our baby is no longer with us. :( I was only about 3 weeks. We are just gonna keep trusting God. We have 4 children and I would love to have a house full of kids! :D I hope ya'll have a great night:wave:

Upvote 0

BookwormPrincess

Jul 9, 2006
✟8,031.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Lovesdolphins and Just4Jesus, sorry about your misscarriages. Must be awful. Really feel for you. I think AC stands for assisted conception - correct me someone if I'm wrong. I have two friends who have been on Clomid, one conceived the other has yet too 3 years on. But they both say it makes you feel awful and very emotional and moody when on it.

Thanks MsDahl for praying. We've decided to start trying again this month and just leave everything in God's timing. We both feel happy with that decision.
What were the policy changes that made so many people leave? I wasn't around on the forum then? It really is so much quieter than 2007 when I was ttcing no. 1.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
yup - AC = Assisted Conception.

So sorry to hear of your losses Just4Jesus and lovesdolphins. I lost my first pg too so I know it can be hard. I hope you are both doing well and that you are blessed soon!

lovesdolphins, glad to hear the clomid is working for you! I did 6 cycles to get my son, so worth it! Clomid effects different people in different ways, like any medication really, but I got some weight gain and super moodiness, like PMSx10 24/7 lol! Poor DH, it's a wonder we conceived at all!

anyway 8DPO today, not feeling so hopefull, I wanted to see my temp higher this morning... I guess we'll see.

Upvote 0

Just4Jesus

Legend
Jan 16, 2006
Alabama
✟81,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
yup - AC = Assisted Conception.

So sorry to hear of your losses Just4Jesus and lovesdolphins. I lost my first pg too so I know it can be hard. I hope you are both doing well and that you are blessed soon!

lovesdolphins, glad to hear the clomid is working for you! I did 6 cycles to get my son, so worth it! Clomid effects different people in different ways, like any medication really, but I got some weight gain and super moodiness, like PMSx10 24/7 lol! Poor DH, it's a wonder we conceived at all!

anyway 8DPO today, not feeling so hopefull, I wanted to see my temp higher this morning... I guess we'll see.

Your so sweet, thank you.:hug: So sorry lovesdolphins:hug:

Upvote 0
Oct 29, 2006
✟10,867.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's good lovesdolphins, hopefully it agrees with you!

thanks Just4Jesus :blush:

gosh this 2ww is killing me this month... 9DPO today and my temp went up this morning! Today is CD33 - usually AF shows up around now...

I'm so tempted to test tomorrow morning, but we'll see...

Here's my chart if anyone is interested...

My Ovulation Chart

Sorry, a tad obsessed this month! :sorry:

Upvote 0

lovesdolphins

New year, new me, new baby????
Mar 28, 2007
Houston
✟15,296.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's good lovesdolphins, hopefully it agrees with you!

thanks Just4Jesus :blush:

gosh this 2ww is killing me this month... 9DPO today and my temp went up this morning! Today is CD33 - usually AF shows up around now...

I'm so tempted to test tomorrow morning, but we'll see...

Here's my chart if anyone is interested...

My Ovulation Chart

Sorry, a tad obsessed this month! :sorry:
your chart looks good - I would test tomorrow; if your temp remains high

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.