Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
how's windows 11?
There's a handful of threads like this already, but it works and performs about the same as 10 (other than looking different). There's no taskbar labels if that's a bother to you (ie all your open programs display as icons on the taskbar, which is the default view since 7).

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you changed your microphone privacy settings (it says Windows 10, but should apply to 11)?
YUP; and everything else I could find about it. D/L three different voice/text programs; and none of them worked. At this point I'm not sure what's going on. If I had more hair; I'd start pulling it out!!!:ebil:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Wookiee

Cool. Cool, cool, cool.
Jul 19, 2013
Australia
✟50,940.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Have you checked the app settings thoroughly for input devices? Your laptop could potentially have a second input device it's detecting or looking for. For instance, mine has the actual microphone and also "Steam Streaming Microphone" which isn't actually a real microphone, but a away of forwarding audio to another device. These are viewable in Sound Settings.
1673324496645.png

My other thought is to hit up the support page of whichever app/s you're using, as they likely have to deal with these sorts of issues and have a good idea of what you're running into.

Reactions: mnorian
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
how's
Have you checked the app settings thoroughly for input devices? Your laptop could potentially have a second input device it's detecting or looking for. For instance, mine has the actual microphone and also "Steam Streaming Microphone" which isn't actually a real microphone, but a away of forwarding audio to another device. These are viewable in Sound Settings.

My other thought is to hit up the support page of whichever app/s you're using, as they likely have to deal with these sorts of issues and have a good idea of what you're running into.
Just looked at that setting and the only thing I can see that might be a problem is that the default apps d'no't have the default sound levels set; so going to try that and see whAT happens. :swoon:
mmmh ---I just got a popup diialog box saying i need a video or image to post here! what the heck?:scratch: "your message must have at least one video or image to post here."
View attachment 326242

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I got the voice/text working but using it is something else. It only types the right words about have the time; and then it types nonsense any time I stop or just pause to get a breath.
It''s pretty much useless; I don't think I'll be able to use it on CF.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you haven't already, try going to "Control Panel"-->"Speech Recognition"-->"Train your computer to better understand you" and complete at least 3 sessions. Or else you might just need a better mic.
I'll try that; thanks.

Upvote 0