✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without providing my new one to CF

The big brother type of system here will not let me do this, or is making something that should be rather simple extremely difficult

So I just want to delete my existing email and not provide another is this possible?

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. Admin must have a valid email for your membership. You can talk privately to Admin in the support center.
I am just deleting that email anyway, so why wont the forum release my email from its data base?

P.S I also dont care to have a membership here any longer, it should be easy to delete the mail and the membership, unless its a big brother thing going on here

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Without providing my new one to CF

The big brother type of system here will not let me do this, or is making something that should be rather simple extremely difficult

So I just want to delete my existing email and not provide another is this possible?
example.com is reserved for public use, and as such, any email@example.com is forever a black hole. You could just use a random made-up email address at example.com and that would do.

https://content.pivotal.io/blog/dom...for-documentation-and-why-you-should-use-them

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
example.com is reserved for public use, and as such, any email@example.com is forever a black hole. You could just use a random made-up email address at example.com and that would do.

https://content.pivotal.io/blog/dom...for-documentation-and-why-you-should-use-them

Thanks, for that (I think) because I tried to make one up to get out of here trying to tie up loose ends concerning left off personal contact information but it didnt work.

I'd rather just delete my email without these type of hoops on an internet forum, but doing something straight and honestly is becoming too difficult here. I would have not signed up for a forum that does this had I known.

I cant believe you need a fake email to depart a christian forum

So what do I do? Just copy paste in something like "Ridiculous@example.com" for it to work?

Upvote 0

Serving Zion

Seek First His Kingdom & Righteousness
May 7, 2016
Revelation 21:2
✟223,022.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks, for that (I think) because I tried to make one up to get out of here trying to tie up loose ends concerning left off personal contact information but it didnt work.

I'd rather just delete my email without these type of hoops on an internet forum, but doing something straight and honestly is becoming too difficult here. I would have not signed up for a forum that does this had I known.

I cant believe you need a fake email to depart a christian forum

So what do I do? Just copy paste in something like "Ridiculous@example.com" for it to work?
I would expect that to be a valid work-around. I only offer this advice because I am a website developer, and it is typical for email to be a mandatory field in forum software. Another option is to ask administration to delete the account altogether, but it will remove your posts that I see 26,749 of .. perhaps some of those could still be useful to others if they remained. I understand your objection, it is a self-centred motivation behind the policy .. it is the way of the world. But only your pride would prevent you from accepting this alternative solution.

.. Is everything ok, btw? It's a big change to make, to quit such a long service.. and I detect some stress in your spirit, some sense of frustration or disillusionment with what so-called Christian institutions have become.. Is there anything you think I could listen to or say that would be helpful?

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Deleting the account here does not delete existing posts. And if you change your email address here, you will have to confirm the new one, which you won't be able to do with a fake address.

If you just want to stop emails coming in, go to your Watched Threads page, and above the list of threads, on the right, is a drop-down menu where you can select ~Stop Notifications~ for all of them. Then in your email account create a filter to Delete anything coming from this domain, to catch any stragglers.

Sorry to see you go. Be well.

• Informative
Reactions: Serving Zion
Upvote 0