'Truth still matters': Judge sentences Roger Stone to 3 years in prison for obstructing Congress' Ru

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
full headline:
'Truth still matters': Judge sentences Roger Stone to 3 years in prison for obstructing Congress' Russia investigation

Roger Stone sentencing: Donald Trump ally gets 3 years in prison
Roger Stone, a longtime friend and ally of President Donald Trump, was sentenced Thursday to 40 months in prison, a punishment that is likely to fuel criticism from the president and speculation that he'll pardon the flamboyant GOP operative.

Though less than what prosecutors originally asked for, the sentence marks a stunning downfall for the longtime political consultant who has advised presidential campaigns stretching back to Richard Nixon. The 67-year-old was found guilty in November of repeatedly lying to the House Intelligence Committee and obstructing its investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 presidential race.
tulc(thinks this sounds fair) :wave:

Reactions: Cimorene

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,477.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So you think that this is really fair? Liars to Congress and the FISA courts and those who have committed felonies like Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, and multiple other DOJ and FBI agents and leaders along with CIA and NSC operatives, and corrupt politicians/lawyers who destroyed subpoenaed legal evidence of their crimes and who operated fraudulent pay-to-play criminal scams go uncharged for their crimes which directly undermine our Constitution and our liberty walk free is "fair" to you?

• Agree
Reactions: Charlie24
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you think that this is really fair? Liars to Congress and the FISA courts and those who have committed felonies like Comey, McCabe, Strzok, Page, and multiple other DOJ and FBI agents and leaders along with CIA and NSC operatives, and corrupt politicians/lawyers who destroyed subpoenaed legal evidence of their crimes and who operated fraudulent pay-to-play criminal scams go uncharged for their crimes which directly undermine our Constitution and our liberty walk free is "fair" to you?
...were they tried and convicted? Because I'd be interested in seeing links to where they had been on trial, found guilty and then got a light sentence. :wave:
tulc(tends to like trials in courts of law, not just in the media) :)

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

It's not over yet! I hear from different sources that the DOJ is crossing the t's and dotting the I's to make it stick.

The DC courts are operated by the swamp, the evidence from the DOJ has to be concrete with no holes in order to serve justice to these disgraced people.

This is the real reason they are calling for Barr to resign. They know he is about to spill the beans just before the elections.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...were they tried and convicted? Because I'd be interested in seeing links to where they had been on trial, found guilty and then got a light sentence. :wave:
tulc(tends to like trials in courts of law, not just in the media) :)

Two people commit the exact same crime and the evidence that they committed the crime is equally compelling. One, not affiliated with any government agency, is charged and goes to trial. Gets sentenced. The other, an employee of a government agency, does not get charged at all. Would you consider that fair?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Two people commit the exact same crime and the evidence that they committed the crime is equally compelling. One, not affiliated with any government agency, is charged and goes to trial. Gets sentenced. The other, an employee of a government agency, does not get charged at all. Would you consider that fair?
So...that would be "There wasn't an arrest, a trial in a court or any sort of verdict found or sentence passed, but I still think they're guilty!"? :scratch:
tulc(is just trying to make sure he understands this posts point) :wave:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not over yet! I hear from different sources that the DOJ is crossing the t's and dotting the I's to make it stick.
Links? I think everyone would be interested in seeing those.

The DC courts are operated by the swamp, the evidence from the DOJ has to be concrete with no holes in order to serve justice to these disgraced people.
uhmmm...okay...this sounds suspiciously like something someone tell people to string them along....kind of like when President Trump insisted "Mexico is going to pay for the wall!" and when that didn't happen they kept pretending it was going to happen any day now...then they shut down the government. Or how President Trump insisted there were millions of "illegal voters and that's why he didn't win the popular vote!!" and then "We're starting an investigation into all those millions of illegal votes in the last election and we'll reveal the truth about that!" then...not so much. All of that just to distract his base from the sad truth that he had been...less than honest with them. :sigh:

This is the real reason they are calling for Barr to resign.
Links?

They know he is about to spill the beans just before the elections.
...or he's not.
tulc(suspects the "not" part is what's going to happen...probably with the intention of trying to make some sort of "cliffhanger" series ending for the "President Trump show") :D

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Links? I think everyone would be interested in seeing those.

uhmmm...okay...this sounds suspiciously like something someone tell people to string them along....kind of like when President Trump insisted "Mexico is going to pay for the wall!" and when that didn't happen they kept pretending it was going to happen any day now...then they shut down the government. Or how President Trump insisted there were millions of "illegal voters and that's why he didn't win the popular vote!!" and then "We're starting an investigation into all those millions of illegal votes in the last election and we'll reveal the truth about that!" then...not so much. All of that just to distract his base from the sad truth that he had been...less than honest with them. :sigh:

Links?

...or he's not.
tulc(suspects the "not" part is what's going to happen...probably with the intention of trying to make some sort of "cliffhanger" series ending for the "President Trump show") :D

Attorney General Bill Barr has tapped a growing number of federal prosecutors across the country to review high-profile Russia probes involving Trump associates and consider emerging allegations tied to Ukraine, in a bold but risky move that comes as he faces mounting criticism and even resignation calls from congressional Democrats who allege he's protecting the president.

Barr taps network of prosecutors to review Russia-Ukraine cases

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Attorney General Bill Barr has tapped a growing number of federal prosecutors across the country to review high-profile Russia probes involving Trump associates and consider emerging allegations tied to Ukraine, in a bold but risky move that comes as he faces mounting criticism and even resignation calls from congressional Democrats who allege he's protecting the president.

Barr taps network of prosecutors to review Russia-Ukraine cases
...okay, that's one, where are the "different sources"? Because that looks a lot like "one", not "different" and is what I already described as someone "stringing along his base". :wave:
tulc(just sayn') :sorry:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
...okay, that's one, where are the "different sources"? Because that looks a lot like "one", not "different" and is what I already described as someone "stringing along his base". :wave:
tulc(just sayn') :sorry:

Different sources inside Fox that do their own separate investigations of news.

You know, the guys you won't watch for the truth of what's going on.

Brennan is now under investigation, has been for months. He recently said that he is expecting to be interviewed by Durham anytime.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Different sources inside Fox that do their own separate investigations of news.

You know, the guys you won't watch for the truth of what's going on.

Brennan is now under investigation, has been for months. He recently said that he is expecting to be interviewed by Durham anytime.
kind of like all those times they said they were going to "blow the lid off the millions of illegal votes!"? Remind us again how that investigation turned out? Or that time he said "Mexico is going to pay for the wall!"? And who's paying for that money sucking boondoggle now? It sounds pretty much how it always sounds: "Promise them what ever it takes to distract them from what ever latest thing President Trump had done or said.". and his base pretty much falls for it every time. :sigh:
tulc(it's actually pretty sad watching it happen over and over again) :(

Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
kind of like all those times they said they were going to "blow the lid off the millions of illegal votes!"? Remind us again how that investigation turned out? Or that time he said "Mexico is going to pay for the wall!"? And who's paying for that money sucking boondoggle now? It sounds pretty much how it always sounds: "Promise them what ever it takes to distract them from what ever latest thing President Trump had done or said.". and his base pretty much falls for it every time. :sigh:
tulc(it's actually pretty sad watching it happen over and over again) :(

Don't know what will come of the these investigations, but I do know that it's taking place, and we will see.

You may be right, and then again, you may be wrong! We will see!

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't know what will come of the these investigations, but I do know that it's taking place, and we will see.
True. :wave:

You may be right, and then again, you may be wrong! We will see!
And that, is the best way, I think, to look at things. :oldthumbsup:
tulc(always trust the Lord, always examine the facts about everyone/everything else) ;)

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So...that would be "There wasn't an arrest, a trial in a court or any sort of verdict found or sentence passed, but I still think they're guilty!"? :scratch:
tulc(is just trying to make sure he understands this posts point) :wave:

Isn't there a rule about not putting words in other people's mouth?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
like I said, I'm just trying to understand your point. :wave:
tulc(likes understanding peoples points)
Then ask for clarification rather than make up something you wish I was saying. Let me rephrase my question. Do you think it is right for a private citizen to have the book thrown at them while another, doing the exact same thing, should get a pass because of their government position?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then ask for clarification rather than make up something you wish I was saying. Let me rephrase my question. Do you think it is right for a private citizen to have the book thrown at them while another, doing the exact same thing, should get a pass because of their government position?
hmmm...do you have an example that matches what Stone was charged with? :wave:
tulc(prefers actual examples instead of "what ifs") :)

Upvote 0