Truth about Jhn 14:15 — If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Jhn 14:15 — If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Relates to the Entire Verse. Jhn 14:21-24; Jhn 8:42; Jhn 15:10-14; Jhn 21:15-17;
Mat 10:37; Mat 25:34-40; 1Co 16:22; 2Co 5:14,15; 2Co 8:8,9; Gal 5:6; Eph 3:16-18; Eph 6:24; Phl 1:20-23; Phl 3:7-11; 1Pe 1:8; 1Jo 2:3-5; 1Jo 4:19,20; 1Jo 5:2,3

Those who believe that John 14:15 is referring to the ten commandments needs prayer.

Last edited:

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single

Relates to the Entire Verse. Jhn 14:21-24; Jhn 8:42; Jhn 15:10-14; Jhn 21:15-17;
Mat 10:37; Mat 25:34-40; 1Co 16:22; 2Co 5:14,15; 2Co 8:8,9; Gal 5:6; Eph 3:16-18; Eph 6:24; Phl 1:20-23; Phl 3:7-11; 1Pe 1:8; 1Jo 2:3-5; 1Jo 4:19,20; 1Jo 5:2,3

Those who believe that John 14:15 is referring to the ten commandments needs prayer.

FYI, if you're just going to list a bunch of verse numbers without stating your understanding of them, then it helps if you at least use the full names instead of their abbreviations so the site will make links to them. Do you suppose that Jesus commanded one thing and lived out something different? Or do you think Jesus practiced what he preached and preached what he practiced? Do you agree that Jesus practiced complete obedience to the law? If so, then there is no distinction between what he commanded and what he practiced, so what he commanded was obedience to the law.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
FYI, if you're just going to list a bunch of verse numbers without stating your understanding of them, then it helps if you at least use the full names instead of their abbreviations so the site will make links to them. Do you suppose that Jesus commanded one thing and lived out something different? Or do you think Jesus practiced what he preached and preached what he practiced? Do you agree that Jesus practiced complete obedience to the law? If so, then there is no distinction between what he commanded and what he practiced, so what he commanded was obedience to the law.
I'll be praying for you.

Upvote 0

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I'll be praying for you.

Thanks, I'll be praying for you too. Do you really think that it the OT Satan had the goal of leading God's people away from following God's law, but in the NT Satan has the goal of leading God's people into following God's law, and that the way to follow Messiah is to not follow his example of obedience to God?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Travis93

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2016
Lilesville NC
✟24,441.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
His first commandment was to repent- Matthew 4:17 Repent of what? He hasn't listed any sins yet. If you look at Malachi 4:4 the final prophet of the Old Testament tells us not to forget the law of Moses. So he's saying repent of our failure to keep the law of Moses. A few verses later Jesus commands us not to think he came to abolish the law or teach others that- Matthew 5:17-19 Therefore immediately at the start of his ministry, Jesus has included the entire law of Moses in his commandments, as he should. He would be a sinner and false prophet if he said otherwise, according to Deuteronomy 4:2, Deuteronomy 13:1-5, Isaiah 8:20. See also Luke 16:17 for another instance of Jesus declaring the law not to be abolished, and Romans 3:31 which is Apostle Paul telling us faith in Jesus does not void the law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jesus kept the law so He could be our Redeemer. And Jesus didn't teach, promote or command the law anywhere. JN 1:17

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks, I'll be praying for you too. Do you really think that it the OT Satan had the goal of leading God's people away from following God's law, but in the NT Satan has the goal of leading God's people into following God's law, and that the way to follow Messiah is to not follow his example of obedience to God?
We obviously have different Bibles.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
His first commandment was to repent- Matthew 4:17 Repent of what? He hasn't listed any sins yet. If you look at Malachi 4:4 the final prophet of the Old Testament tells us not to forget the law of Moses. So he's saying repent of our failure to keep the law of Moses. A few verses later Jesus commands us not to think he came to abolish the law or teach others that- Matthew 5:17-19 Therefore immediately at the start of his ministry, Jesus has included the entire law of Moses in his commandments, as he should. He would be a sinner and false prophet if he said otherwise, according to Deuteronomy 4:2, Deuteronomy 13:1-5, Isaiah 8:20. See also Luke 16:17 for another instance of Jesus declaring the law not to be abolished, and Romans 3:31 which is Apostle Paul telling us faith in Jesus does not void the law.
Please read Luke 24:44 as found on this site.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Travis93

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2016
Lilesville NC
✟24,441.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Please read Luke 24:44 as found on this site.

bugkiller

He kept the law of Moses perfectly as our example, fulfilled the what was written by the prophets such as the suffering servant in Isaiah 53 (not believed in, despised, bearing our sorrows, sinless, etc), and Psalms concerning him such as Psalms 22 which details his death on the cross (pierced hands, someone mocking him that the Lord should save him, garments parted, etc). Nothing about voiding the law there, a few verses later he says to preach repentance Luke 24:47. And in the parallel account of Matthew 28:20 he said to teach people to do everything he commanded, which includes the command in Matthew 7:19 not to teach against the law.

If the law was voided, why are they still going to the temple (Luke 24:53, Acts 3:25), keeping feasts (Acts 12:3, Acts 18:21, Acts 20:6, Acts 20:16), doing animal sacrifices (Acts 21:26, Acts 24:17), and quoting the law (Acts 23:5, 1 Timothy 5:18)? How can all scripture be profitable to instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16) if a large swath of it is useless? And if this is supposed to refer to Matthew-Revelation how did Timothy read them since he was a child (2 Timothy 3:15)?

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
He kept the law of Moses perfectly as our example, fulfilled the what was written by the prophets such as the suffering servant in Isaiah 53 (not believed in, despised, bearing our sorrows, sinless, etc), and Psalms concerning him such as Psalms 22 which details his death on the cross (pierced hands, someone mocking him that the Lord should save him, garments parted, etc). Nothing about voiding the law there, a few verses later he says to preach repentance Luke 24:47. And in the parallel account of Matthew 28:20 he said to teach people to do everything he commanded, which includes the command in Matthew 7:19 not to teach against the law.

If the law was voided, why are they still going to the temple (Luke 24:53, Acts 3:25), keeping feasts (Acts 12:3, Acts 18:21, Acts 20:6, Acts 20:16), doing animal sacrifices (Acts 21:26, Acts 24:17), and quoting the law (Acts 23:5, 1 Timothy 5:18)? How can all scripture be profitable to instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16) if a large swath of it is useless? And if this is supposed to refer to Matthew-Revelation how did Timothy read them since he was a child (2 Timothy 3:15)?
I suggest you read Hebrews and even history.

bugkiller

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Travis93

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2016
Lilesville NC
✟24,441.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I suggest you read Hebrews and even history.

bugkiller

Hebrews 1:8-9 ascribes Psalms 45:6-7 to Jesus, saying he loves righteousness and hates wickedness. Now when Psalms was written, what was the standard to define which actions were wicked? The law of Moses. Hebrews 2:2-3 says if people back then were punished for disobeying the angel of God, how much worse will it be for people who disobey Jesus who preached the same thing? Hebrews 3:7-17 quotes Psalms 95:7-11 which challenges us not to harden our hearts to God's laws like the children of Israel did which caused them to die in the wilderness before reaching the promised land, righteous Joshua and Caleb made it though since they followed the law. Hebrews 4:12 says the word of God is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart, which includes the law of Moses. Hebrews 4:15 says Jesus was tempted, but free of sin, a great example for us to follow. Hebrews 5:9 says Jesus is the author of salvation to those who obey him, he commanded us to follow and teach the law in Matthew 7:17-19, so to obey him is to obey the law. Hebrews 5:12 talks about learning from the oracles of God, those would be the writers of the Old Testament as seen in Romans 3:2. Hebrews 6:10 shows God will judge us by our works. Hebrews 6:18 shows God can't lie, and from Deuteronomy 4:2 we know God won't inspire people to add or subtract from the law. Hebrews 8:8-12 is quoting Jeremiah 31:31-34, which says God will write his law on the hearts of believers. Hebrews 10:5-7 quotes Psalms 40:6-8 which says God would rather have us obey the law than sin and and offer sacrifices to make up for it. Hebrews 10:16-17 again quotes Jeremiah 31:33-34 and says the law will be wrote on our heart in order to be forgiven. Hebrews 10:26 says if we sin after receiving the knowledge of truth there is no more sacrifice, Psalms 119:142 defines the law as truth. Hebrews 10:28-31 says people who despise the law died without mercy so how much worse if people disobey Jesus? Hebrews 12:5-9 says children of God will be chastened if they are disobedient, quoting Proverbs 3:11-12, the writer of whom lived in the law of Moses. Hebrews 13:9 warns not to be carried away by strange doctrines, such as an anti-law view of Paul warned about in 2 Peter 3:16-17.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
If so, then there is no distinction between what he commanded and what he practiced, so what he commanded was obedience to the law.
Amein.
In all of the world since Adam and Havah,
if anyone sinned, with or without the law, they suffered.
God told Cain sin was crouching at the door ...... (as it is TODAY).....
did God tell Cain it was good to let sin in ?
Did God tell ANYONE that if they were lawless, that would be okay ? Ever ? (hint: no, not ever) ....
God only told people they could not be forever righteous by the law.
See how easy that was ?
God doesn't lie.
People cannot be forever righteous by the law ---- RELIEF ! NO PAIN THERE ! We cannot be righteous BY THE LAW.....

UNfortunately, some people will be cursed by the law, because they teach lawlessness.
Yep,
some people will be cursed by the law, because they teach lawlessness.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... the unrighteous Jesus came to save REJOICE because

He removes the curse of the law from them - they no longer DIE FOR THEIR SIN. HE DID!
HE DIED for their sin.
And they believe, and are saved, and GO AND SIN NO MORE, just as HE SAYS.
And if they sin, He provides a remedy(all through the NT).

But, IF THEY GO AND SIN MORE (willingly, on purpose), the exact opposite of NO MORE,
then there is no longer any sacrifice for their sin,
and thus, they die for their own sin....

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
These verses are the cross reference to John 14:15, It is not a direct reference to the ten commandment.

Phrase from KJV
TSK Help
Relates to the Entire Verse. Jhn 14:21-24; Jhn 8:42; Jhn 15:10-14; Jhn 21:15-17; Mat 10:37; Mat 25:34-40; 1Co 16:22; 2Co 5:14,15; 2Co 8:8,9; Gal 5:6; Eph 3:16-18; Eph 6:24; Phl 1:20-23; Phl 3:7-11; 1Pe 1:8; 1Jo 2:3-5; 1Jo 4:19,20; 1Jo 5:2,3

Jhn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Jhn 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Jhn 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Jhn 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Jhn 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
Jhn 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Jhn 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Jhn 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Jhn 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
Jhn 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Jhn 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Mat 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Mat 25:34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

1Co 16:22If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
2Co 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

2Co 8:8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

Eph 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

Phl 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
Phl 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Phl 1:22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
Phl 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Phl 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Phl 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Phl 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Phl 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Phl 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

1Jo 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jo 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
1Jo 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟99,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you read the bible you would know about God's covenants with man. Stop raising bogus teachings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Soyeong

Mar 10, 2015
Hudson
✟284,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
These verses are the cross reference to John 15:14, It is not a direct reference to the ten commandment.

Phrase from KJV
TSK Help
Relates to the Entire Verse. Jhn 14:21-24; Jhn 8:42; Jhn 15:10-14; Jhn 21:15-17; Mat 10:37; Mat 25:34-40; 1Co 16:22; 2Co 5:14,15; 2Co 8:8,9; Gal 5:6; Eph 3:16-18; Eph 6:24; Phl 1:20-23; Phl 3:7-11; 1Pe 1:8; 1Jo 2:3-5; 1Jo 4:19,20; 1Jo 5:2,3

Jhn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Jhn 14:22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
Jhn 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
Jhn 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Jhn 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

Jhn 15:10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
Jhn 15:11 These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.
Jhn 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Jhn 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Jhn 15:14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

Jhn 21:15 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs.
Jhn 21:16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
Jhn 21:17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Mat 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Mat 25:34Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
Mat 25:36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

1Co 16:22If any man love not the Lord Jesus Christ, let him be Anathema Maranatha.

2Co 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
2Co 5:15 And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.

2Co 8:8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
2Co 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, that ye through his poverty might be rich.

Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

Eph 3:16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

Eph 6:24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

Phl 1:20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
Phl 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
Phl 1:22 But if I live in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shall choose I wot not.
Phl 1:23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:

Phl 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Phl 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Phl 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Phl 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Phl 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
1Pe 1:8 Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:

1Jo 2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
1Jo 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
1Jo 2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.

1Jo 4:19 We love him, because he first loved us.
1Jo 4:20 If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?

1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

The law commands us to love God and our neighbor (Deuteronomy 6:5, Leviticus 19:18) and Jesus said they were the greatest two commands because they are essentially what God's law is all about. All of God's other laws hang on the greatest two because they are examples of how obey the greatest two and through obeying the other laws are obeying the greatest two. When Jesus commanded us to help the poor, he was not saying anything brand new or deviating from what the Father had instructed, but rather it was perfectly in sync with God's law. Jesus set a perfect example of how to love through his obedience to the law, which we are told to follow, so I'm not sure how you can argue that Jesus instructing us to love as he loved us does not inherently include following his example and all of instructions in the Bible for how God wants us to love others. Again, in 1 John 2:4-6, it makes a parallel statement of following Jesus commands with walking in the same way that he walked, so there was no disconnect between what he preached and what he practiced, and he practiced obedience to the law.

If you read the bible you would know about God's covenants with man. Stop raising bogus teachings.

You're theology is so upside down that you actually think you shouldn't obey the law of the God you serve. We have not been redeemed from the law, but from lawlessness so that we might be free to obey it and meet its righteous requirement. While we are no longer under the Old Covenant, we are still under the same God, whose character does not change. So even if God had made no covenants with man, God's followers should still do what He has revealed to be holy, righteous, and good and in line with His holiness, righteousness, and goodness. We are to do what is holy, righteous and good because the God we serve is holy, righteous, and good, not because He made a covenant with the Israelites where He commanded them to do so.

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hebrews 1:8-9 ascribes Psalms 45:6-7 to Jesus, saying he loves righteousness and hates wickedness. Now when Psalms was written, what was the standard to define which actions were wicked? The law of Moses. Hebrews 2:2-3 says if people back then were punished for disobeying the angel of God, how much worse will it be for people who disobey Jesus who preached the same thing? Hebrews 3:7-17 quotes Psalms 95:7-11 which challenges us not to harden our hearts to God's laws like the children of Israel did which caused them to die in the wilderness before reaching the promised land, righteous Joshua and Caleb made it though since they followed the law. Hebrews 4:12 says the word of God is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart, which includes the law of Moses. Hebrews 4:15 says Jesus was tempted, but free of sin, a great example for us to follow. Hebrews 5:9 says Jesus is the author of salvation to those who obey him, he commanded us to follow and teach the law in Matthew 7:17-19, so to obey him is to obey the law. Hebrews 5:12 talks about learning from the oracles of God, those would be the writers of the Old Testament as seen in Romans 3:2. Hebrews 6:10 shows God will judge us by our works. Hebrews 6:18 shows God can't lie, and from Deuteronomy 4:2 we know God won't inspire people to add or subtract from the law. Hebrews 8:8-12 is quoting Jeremiah 31:31-34, which says God will write his law on the hearts of believers. Hebrews 10:5-7 quotes Psalms 40:6-8 which says God would rather have us obey the law than sin and and offer sacrifices to make up for it. Hebrews 10:16-17 again quotes Jeremiah 31:33-34 and says the law will be wrote on our heart in order to be forgiven. Hebrews 10:26 says if we sin after receiving the knowledge of truth there is no more sacrifice, Psalms 119:142 defines the law as truth. Hebrews 10:28-31 says people who despise the law died without mercy so how much worse if people disobey Jesus? Hebrews 12:5-9 says children of God will be chastened if they are disobedient, quoting Proverbs 3:11-12, the writer of whom lived in the law of Moses. Hebrews 13:9 warns not to be carried away by strange doctrines, such as an anti-law view of Paul warned about in 2 Peter 3:16-17.
Mt 7:17-19 teaches nor promotes any such thing.
No Heb 8:8-12 does not quote Jer 31:33-34. It quotes Jer 31:31-34. I completely understand why you leave out verses 31 and 32 from your post. It simply disallows for your position of the law (10 Cs) being written on our heart. Jer 31 makes no such claim that the law being written on our hearts will cause sin to be forgiven.

I don't understand why you would include Heb 10:5-7 when you sin but don't offer any sacrifices. Willful violation shows even a lack of true repentance which is called lip service opposed to obedience.

If you believe Heb 10:28-31, why are you promoting the law over Jesus, Who did not teach the law - JN 1:17?

Yes and I'm not about to be carried away withy our strange doctrines.

Paul says nothing in II Pet 3:16-17.

Did you miss this in Heb 13:9 -

For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace?

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Amein.
In all of the world since Adam and Havah,
if anyone sinned, with or without the law, they suffered.
God told Cain sin was crouching at the door ...... (as it is TODAY).....
did God tell Cain it was good to let sin in ?
Did God tell ANYONE that if they were lawless, that would be okay ? Ever ? (hint: no, not ever) ....
God only told people they could not be forever righteous by the law.
See how easy that was ?
God doesn't lie.
People cannot be forever righteous by the law ---- RELIEF ! NO PAIN THERE ! We cannot be righteous BY THE LAW.....

UNfortunately, some people will be cursed by the law, because they teach lawlessness.
Yep,
some people will be cursed by the law, because they teach lawlessness.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... the unrighteous Jesus came to save REJOICE because

He removes the curse of the law from them - they no longer DIE FOR THEIR SIN. HE DID!
HE DIED for their sin.
And they believe, and are saved, and GO AND SIN NO MORE, just as HE SAYS.
And if they sin, He provides a remedy(all through the NT).

But, IF THEY GO AND SIN MORE (willingly, on purpose), the exact opposite of NO MORE,
then there is no longer any sacrifice for their sin,
and thus, they die for their own sin....
Wishing I could respond to this post properly without getting into trouble.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The law commands us to love God and our neighbor (Deuteronomy 6:5, Leviticus 19:18) and Jesus said they were the greatest two commands because they are essentially what God's law is all about. All of God's other laws hang on the greatest two because they are examples of how obey the greatest two and through obeying the other laws are obeying the greatest two. When Jesus commanded us to help the poor, he was not saying anything brand new or deviating from what the Father had instructed, but rather it was perfectly in sync with God's law. Jesus set a perfect example of how to love through his obedience to the law, which we are told to follow, so I'm not sure how you can argue that Jesus instructing us to love as he loved us does not inherently include following his example and all of instructions in the Bible for how God wants us to love others. Again, in 1 John 2:4-6, it makes a parallel statement of following Jesus commands with walking in the same way that he walked, so there was no disconnect between what he preached and what he practiced, and he practiced obedience to the law.

You're theology is so upside down that you actually think you shouldn't obey the law of the God you serve. We have not been redeemed from the law, but from lawlessness so that we might be free to obey it and meet its righteous requirement. While we are no longer under the Old Covenant, we are still under the same God, whose character does not change. So even if God had made no covenants with man, God's followers should still do what He has revealed to be holy, righteous, and good and in line with His holiness, righteousness, and goodness. We are to do what is holy, righteous and good because the God we serve is holy, righteous, and good, not because He made a covenant with the Israelites where He commanded them to do so.
You can speak for yourself. It also would be nice if what you said made sense.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

Travis93

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2016
Lilesville NC
✟24,441.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Well I tried to interpret Hebrews in support of the law, but if that doesn't work it must be rejected as a false prophet's work. According to Isaiah 8:20 there was no light in the writer and Deuteronomy 13:1-5 identifies them a false prophet trying to lead people away from God.

Reactions: Soyeong
Upvote 0