Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Trump is infamous for his habit of creating insulting nicknames, some of them racist, for ----- everyone. He's denigrated teens, adults of all ages, widows, veterans, the families of fallen soldiers. Yet rarely anymore does this bullying grab our attn. bc we're just accustomed to it now. He also has used foul language & profanity, sometimes in the most obscenely inappropriate contexts like in front of rallies & while giving national addresses on camera. He frequently posts profane comment on Twitter that cannot be shown here due to its profanity.

If a Democratic candidate cusses at someone, this is such an incredible rarity there's a rush to call attention to it. The ones who are desperate to do this invariably inadvertently call for a contrast to Trump. I always think of Matthew 7:5.

I believe Trump has normalized abnormal & wrong social behaviour, making it appear as though what's absolutely unacceptable is acceptable bc he's the POTUS & he's doing it. There've been numerous articles from educators about how that has infected the minds of children. They've seen kids using Trump's exact phrases & insults to taunt & bully other kids. They've seen a rise in coarseness, vulgarity, hatefulness.

Zoomers, what are your thoughts? Do you think it's acceptable to replicate Trump's treatment of others? Would your parents, teachers, other adults in your life be OK with you acting like how Trump does? Please don't post here if you're not a Zoomer & if you don't know what a Zoomer is, you're probably not one.

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I noticed a post asking if Bible-reading teens know that Jesus cursed. Yes, we do know that. Jesus cursed when actions were profane. He didn't gratuitously curse. He most certainly did not curse to bully anyone.

There's currently multiple threads going on where Joe Biden cursed at a man who was telling a boldface, harmful lie. I strongly encourage anyone wanting to remind teens of how Christ cursed to post in those threads & explain that to the adults who are fixating more on Biden's choice of words rather than the profanity of the lie he was confronting.

Upvote 0