Trump repeatedly booed (and occasionally cheered) during speech to Libertarian Party convention

Zaha Torte

Jesus Christ is the Eternal God
May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟16,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
And he reacts better than anyone to opposition.
That's true. I remember Biden calling those who opposed him "Fat" (as a proper noun not as an insult) and "lying dog-faced pony soldier".

Oh wait - those were his supporters. Ooops.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟730,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's called a Bill of Rights because it guarantees our liberties--at least it used to before the judicial supermajority.
Name ONE Supreme Court decision that has denied an item in our Bill of Rights. Time to show proof.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟730,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All they have to do is look at his Supreme Court appointments to see he is no libertarian.

Protection for human rights has gone backwards.
As opposed to which Democratic President who was Libertarian

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Brain in skull
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟316,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
<sigh> Trump's not looking to make friends but gain votes. The LP is typically insignificant in the big scheme of things, being reduced to a philosophical club in practice. Trump's challenge is for them to be relevant. There votes could make the difference as the OP said and Trump presented a compelling reason for theme to come out of the political shadows and side with a candidate the agree with more than the Demonrats.
"Demonrats" how mature.

Trump was more interested in blocking Kennedy from Libertarian line than anything else.

And he reacts better than anyone to opposition.
Already trying out for board cut-up I see.

Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,149,766.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As opposed to which Democratic President who was Libertarian
Neither is libertarian but only one promises to be a dictator--and that is the polar opposite of libertarian.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,149,766.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Primarily voting and women's rights.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟730,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neither is libertarian but only one promises to be a dictator--and that is the polar opposite of libertarian.
Joe Biden has been portrayed repeatedly as dictator like - especially when he completely ignore the Supreme Court and pushed thing through by executive order - Like his repeated attempts at buying vote by 'forgiving' student loans.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟730,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The first current or former president to speak at the third-party’s convention, Trump made several major promises to libertarians in the crowded, rowdy room, including assuring the audience that he would appoint a libertarian to his Cabinet if elected in November.
Where was Joe? He got invited?

capture.jpg

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟158,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That's true. I remember Biden calling those who opposed him "Fat" (as a proper noun not as an insult) and "lying dog-faced pony soldier".

Oh wait - those were his supporters. Ooops.
There was a short-lived comic strip called ”Willie and Joe”, which introduced the world to the term “dogface”; among peers it’s not an insult.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟16,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
There was a short-lived comic strip called ”Willie and Joe”, which introduced the world to the term “dogface”; among peers it’s not an insult.
I see. He must have been really good friends with the lady he yelled at. Makes sense now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,149,766.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Poor Trump fans. They try to portray President Biden as a doddering old man when it suits them...and a ruthless dictator when it suits them.

He can't be both. And actually he is neither.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟16,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Poor Trump fans. They try to portray President Biden as a doddering old man when it suits them...and a ruthless dictator when it suits them.

He can't be both. And actually he is neither.
He is whatever the people who wrote the words on the teleprompter want him to be. Muppets can be quite diverse.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟16,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
You’ll have to show that one to me, the one I saw it was an old white fella.

I remember the old white fella - I'm pretty sure he called that guy "Fat" as a proper noun.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Brain in skull
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟316,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Where was Joe? He got invited?
Why would he go to the Libertarian convention? Why would any major party nominee do so? (We try to understand Trump's motivation, but even the "best" explanations don't make any sense.)

The Libertarians are another political party. It's not like they are some political club or convention that could align with either major party. With the exception of a very small number of states (perhaps just NY), no one can be on the party line for more than one party (electoral fusion), or at most they compete against themselves with two independent slates of electors.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟16,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Why would he go to the Libertarian convention? Why would any major party nominee do so? (We try to understand Trump's motivation, but even the "best" explanations don't make any sense.)

The Libertarians are another political party. It's not like they are some political club or convention that could align with either major party. With the exception of a very small number of states (perhaps just NY), no one can be on the party line for more than one party (electoral fusion), or at most they compete against themselves with two independent slates of electors.
I would love it if Biden spoke at a GOP convention and Trump at a DNC convention. That'd make some pretty good TV.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟158,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I remember the old white fella - I'm pretty sure he called that guy "Fat" as a proper noun.
Like a nickname? “Fat Tony”?
This “little old lady” isn’t yet.
I also heard some laughter up in there after the horrible, horrible thing he said to her, meaning that some people there thought it was funny to hear that phrase (likely who heard it in their youth, from WWII vets and Servicemen from the Korean era) coming out of the mouth of some snooty politician.

What a reprehensible human being he must be to insult people like that!
Huh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟16,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Like a nickname? “Fat Tony”?
This “little old lady” isn’t yet.
I also heard some laughter up in there after the horrible, horrible thing he said to her, meaning that some people there thought it was funny to hear that phrase (likely who heard it in their youth, from WWII vets and Servicemen from the Korean era) coming out of the mouth of some snooty politician.

What a reprehensible human being he must be to insult people like that!
Huh.
The woman he said it too didn't seem amused. I think people laughed either because they didn't understand what just happened or they were encouraged to keep things light.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟158,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The woman he said it too didn't seem amused. I think people laughed either because they didn't understand what just happened or they were encouraged to keep things light.
Okay. We’re going to add our own spin to it, which is perfectly “normal”. I saw a guy use a stock-phrase while lining up his actual answer to the question he received. He got some chuckles, no “boos”, and then answered the query proper.

What did you see?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟16,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Okay. We’re going to add our own spin to it, which is perfectly “normal”. I saw a guy use a stock-phrase while lining up his actual answer to the question he received. He got some chuckles, no “boos”, and then answered the query proper.

What did you see?
A confused and worried young lady who didn't know how to feel (Probably because everyone was laughing at her being mocked).

I am not alone - read the comments on the video.

Upvote 0