Trump Proven Right As Border Patrol K-9 Sniffs Out $2 Million In Smuggled Fentanyl In Arizona

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing will shut off drug flow completely, but you're talking about an unknown quantity crossing at other than entry points. Shutting that off with a secure wall would have to help, if in no other way but force it to points of entry where it could be more easily found. No need to make rocket science out of this.

...so if you were smuggling drugs into the US...which route would you take?

Through the port of entry...where you could load up hundreds of pounds in a vehicle knowing that....

"....CBP currently inspects 1% to 2% of personal vehicles coming across the southwest border and 15% to 17% of commercial vehicles. "

...or send on "mules" across remote areas of the desert?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...so if you were smuggling drugs into the US...which route would you take?

Through the port of entry...where you could load up hundreds of pounds in a vehicle knowing that....

"....CBP currently inspects 1% to 2% of personal vehicles coming across the southwest border and 15% to 17% of commercial vehicles. "

...or send on "mules" across remote areas of the desert?
You can bet they are hauled to the border where other vehicles are waiting for them. If it's so, the way I'm hearing it, the cartel now owns our southern border anyway.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think that 'was' the plan all along for certain areas, with a physical wall in high-traffic areas. Trump was just way ahead of everyone on this. Biden's invitation policies are just making the need for a secure border plain to people now. Well, a lot of people anyway. We're in a mess.
What open invitation policies? Trump’s wall has been breached repeatedly. A wall is not cost effective or very effective at all.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,430,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can bet they are hauled to the border where other vehicles are waiting for them. If it's so, the way I'm hearing it, the cartel now owns our southern border anyway.

No, I will bet the cartel uses the most efficient means to move those drugs.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, I will bet the cartel uses the most efficient means to move those drugs.
This is a useless argument. I know nothing about the border. I just argue the point that it is not an issue and we don't need to turn people away... crazy. We need to try anything to stop encouraged illegal entry... and apparently, the Biden administration, and his supporters, don't even want to acknowledge there's a problem.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look at the number of people coming in... do you think strict policies are creating that??? It's not rocket science.

Not so much when he was in office.

But, our current situation is... this is not rocket science.
I don’t have a problem with asylum seekers. I am also for immigration reform to make it easier to legally immigrate. My ancestors had very few barriers to immigration and for that I am thankful or I wouldn’t be here in this country.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The metal wasn’t magically immune to grinders during his tenure.
Come on... Trump was all over that problem, and Biden may have done a brief drive-by of one small sector.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don’t have a problem with asylum seekers. I am also for immigration reform to make it easier to legally immigrate. My ancestors had very few barriers to immigration and for that I am thankful or I wouldn’t be here in this country.
I do... it's a different world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟202,059.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That was and opinion in the form of postulating. Although I'd be interested in you explaing how to calculate the amount of something that's unaccounted for.
"Probably", should have enough, but not these days

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟487,028.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,086.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Come on... Trump was all over that problem, and Biden may have done a brief drive-by of one small sector.
He did more photo ops, but those also does not change the properties of steel to make it immune to being cut with basic power tools.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, we had more room and opportunities then. And, it wasn't the dump burn it is now.
I keep hearing how we need jobs filled, especially labor jobs lIke construction and agriculture . These immigrants are willing and able to fill those jobs that current residents are not. Also the declining birth rate will leave many opportunities and room for more immigrants to fill.

Upvote 0