✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
SMH.

The White House removed air travel warnings from a CDC plan meant to control the coronavirus, according to a report that the administration denied

The White House ordered the removal of language from a federal health coronavirus plan that recommended warning elderly and physically vulnerable Americans not to fly on commercial airlines.

The reason for the change is unknown, according to the AP’s source who had direct knowledge of the original plan submitted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The White House denied the report. The press secretary for Vice President Mike Pence, Katie Miller, took to Twitter on Saturday and wrote, “Nope, not true. AP reporting off one unnamed individual.” Miller also tweeted that the “story is complete fiction. It was never a recommendation to the Task Force.”

One of the administration’s top health officials, Dr. Anthony Fauci, also denied the report on Fox News Sunday.

Trump is elderly. Many of his followers are also elderly. It's dangerous to suppress medical advice.

But as Trump continues to downplay the extent of the virus in the U.S., Fauci told host Chris Wallace, “We are having, obviously, an acceleration in cases now. If you look at it, every day we have more and more.”

I know a lot of Zoomers have grandparents who are Boomers. Freaking out isn't a good idea but following sensible precautions is good. We should listen to what the actual experts say!!!Pass this on to your grandparents as a FYI. Please don't post here if you're not a Zoomer. If you don't know what a Zoomer is, you're not a Zoomer, lol.

• Winner
Reactions: summerville

Cimorene

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I want to thank the nice Boomer who posted here! :sparklingheart: I'm so glad you're so loved by your family & that they are looking out for you!!!!!

I haven't reported any posts in this thread & I hope there's grace shown for errors in posting here. This is an age-restricted section for Zoomers (ppl born during / after 1999) but a lot of ppl don't realize that.

I posted here bc in the other areas when I've made threads about the coronavirus so much time is then consumed having to deal with snide remarks trying to diminish the wisdom of preparing for it, or trying to derail to talk about the flu or whatever. I just wanted to get the information out there and keep it focused on that information.

Hopefully if @Stanfordella returns she & @Zoii can contribute their thoughts.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This is NOT a time for people to offer opinions on how to manage this pandemic.

This site MUST act responsibly and remove posts which offer advice contrary to that provided by the WHO or your nation's CDC.

Myth busters

I appeal to site admin to be assertive in this manner as this virus needs to be managed responsibly, with zero tolerance to opinion and advice provided by posters that are at odds with official medical advice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0