Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
A. It may or may not be true.

B. Who cares?

C. Even the article stated the biggest effect is that if they aren't replaced within a few months (huge assumption), the agency won't have an advocate when it comes time to secure a budget from Congress.

D. Because of C, see B.

From the story, "To some extent, what we’re talking about is the political leadership, the leadership appointed by each administration,” Rosner told Gizmodo."

So, the story is that Trump is replacing the head of an agency, under his Executive control, where the immediate effect would be there might not be an advocate for the agency's budget several months down the road. But that is only assuming he has no successors in mind, and just did it to do it. If he has successors in mind, and just hasn't announced them, then it's a non-story as they would then take on the role as budget advocates.

And this makes people freak out why?

I KNOW, right?

Upvote 0

SayitStraight

Jan 8, 2017
Auckland
✟15,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Obviously biased against Trump, but sharing for the info...

According to an official within the Department of Energy, this past Friday, the President-elect’s team instructed the head of the National Nuclear Security Administration and his deputy to clean out their desks when Trump takes office on January 20th.

The NNSA is the $12 billion-a-year agency that “maintains and enhances the safety, security, and effectiveness of the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile.” It’s unclear when the two officials will be replaced.

Traditionally, all political appointees of an outgoing presidential administration turn in resignation letters effective on noon of inauguration day, January 20. But appointees in key positions—like the people who make sure our nukes work—are often asked to stay on in their roles until a replacement can be found and confirmed by the Senate, helping ensure a smooth transition and allowing our government to continue functioning. In fact, for the entirety of Obama’s first term and into part of his second, the NNSA Administrator remained a Bush appointee.

Trump, however, appears determined to immediately push out everyone who was appointed by Obama, regardless of whether or not he has anyone in line for the job. Or, as our source put it: “It’s a shocking disregard for process and continuity of government.”

Read the rest @ http://gizmodo.com/trump-just-dismissed-the-people-in-charge-of-maintainin-1790908093
well ,surprisingly, isn't this what he promised to do during the election campaign ? to flush the system of and uncover its corruption? (sure he ain't perfect so will bring in some new corruption lol ) but he is attempting to do what he promised .
In contrast you have Obama and his crew trying do as much damage as they can (particular to Israel) on their way out the door .. despicable behavior .

• Winner
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
well ,surprisingly, isn't this what he promised to do during the election campaign ? to flush the system of and uncover its corruption? (sure he ain't perfect so will bring in some new corruption lol ) but he is attempting to do what he promised .
In contrast you have Obama and his crew trying do as much damage as they can (particular to Israel) on their way out the door .. despicable behavior .

Agreed.

Say it straight, SayitStraight.

:oldthumbsup:

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Time will tell. Personally, I think we're in for a bumpy ride:

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
With every new story like this, my thoughts about Trump are just more and more confirmed. He has no interest in working together, if he even has a concept of that.

He is doing what every President since before Eisenhower did. He is brining in his own people.

Better start investing in fallout shelters now. WWIII can't be far away.

The sky is falling! There is going to be nuclear war, and he is going to deport all immigrants starting in California. And he hates gays. And the kkk will be his security team and his wife is a Russian plant. And Putin and he have daily communique on how to overthrow the world. And he melts bus loads of nuns and he punches kitties. He rigged the lotto so I wouldn't win. He has bad hair, scorisis his breath stinks and let's not talk about his farts.

The poor will die of hunger. The sick will be forced into work camps. Hollywood will close and become one big brothel. All the intelligent people are going to move to Canada or Spain.

And then....... and then...... it is going to get bad.

• Winner
Reactions: jerrygab2
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Does the concept of operational continuity during a leadership transition mean anything to you?

It doesn't matter - anything he does will be complained about. If makes the changes too soon, he doesn't know what he is doing - if he waits on decisions, he doesn't know what he is doing.

The hatred for all things Trump jades anything said. He cannot win in their eyes. It would be as unthinkable as him winning the election.

• Agree
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Useful
Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Gizmodo isn't a fake news site, but their information may be incorrect. I'll put this in the OP.

I was just asking if the news itself was false, not stating that the site itself was.

There is so much of false news even in the mainstream media, I do try to cross check them and not spread their lies. People take those to slander the President elect with.

I just saw both reports and they were contradicting each other and the latter adressed the former as being untrue, I try to wait till I hear from him on a thing and the reasons he would give for such a thing if it be true.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟607,061.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I was just asking if the news itself was false, not stating that the site itself was.

There is so much of false news even in the mainstream media, I do try to cross check them and not spread their lies. People take those to slander the President elect with.

I just saw both reports and they were contradicting each other and the latter adressed the former as being untrue, I try to wait till I hear from him on a thing and the reasons he would give for such a thing if it be true.

I understood. I didn't take issue with your post. As it is my intent to inform though, not mislead, I updated the OP to reflect the new info. I also don't want to be under a false impression, so your link is good for my own edification. They could be speaking to different sources and getting different info, and since neither one of them actually named their source, there isn't anyone to trace the info back to. If I come across any clarifications, I'll update. :)

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It's possible that it was Trump's team that floated the first story just to gauge reactions. It's hard to say at this point.

• Agree
Reactions: camille70
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
It would be as unthinkable as him winning the election.

The idea of supporting Trump is just that foreign to us. When I found out the morning after the election, I felt like I suddenly found myself in a foreign land. I still can't believe he's actually going to be President, and feel like a foreigner in my own country. I said that I will give Trump a chance, but he's done nothing so far to earn an once of my support or even respect.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The idea of supporting Trump is just that foreign to us. When I found out the morning after the election, I felt like I suddenly found myself in a foreign land. I still can't believe he's actually going to be President, and feel like a foreigner in my own country. I said that I will give Trump a chance, but he's done nothing so far to earn an once of my support or even respect.

Welcome to my world eight years ago.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Look folks, he may not have been the best choice as President, yet he has won. Jan.20th isn't even here yet we are already seeing Trump Derangement Syndrome On full display. People wanted him to clean the swamp, he does it, then folks get antsy about it. Our nation bitterly divided, can we give him a chance? Or are people still this upset with the results of the elections? This division concerns me.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Know what ya mean.

Felt that way myself eight years ago. Never got better ... until after this latest election. Hope your pain doesn't last quite so long.

• Winner
Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Felt that way myself eight years ago.

I was very conservative as well when Obama was elected. I notice some familiar feelings as well, but it just feels different than then.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟830,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Kinda an odd article. Seems it's Trump's general strategy to replace everyone, so this article just focused on a few positions and made it seem very targeted to make it sound 'scary'.

Let's try this. Trump says he's going to "greatly strengthen and expand [our] nuclear capability". This is the office that does that. It will have no leadership when Trump takes office. The remaining people who work there cannot change anything without leadership. Trump is undercutting his own stated plans.

The remaining people will continue doing their jobs, so it's truly not that scary. It's merely stupid, assuming Trump wants to do what he says. But nothing means anything any more, so whatevs. Maybe Belgium will pay for the expanded nuclear arsenal.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Let's try this. Trump says he's going to "greatly strengthen and expand [our] nuclear capability". This is the office that does that. It will have no leadership when Trump takes office. The remaining people who work there cannot change anything without leadership. Trump is undercutting his own stated plans.

The remaining people will continue doing their jobs, so it's truly not that scary. It's merely stupid, assuming Trump wants to do what he says. But nothing means anything any more, so whatevs. Maybe Belgium will pay for the expanded nuclear arsenal.

You are assuming that he fired them on a whim and without a plan. That seems like a rather unfair assumption. Just because you and I aren't privy to his plans, doesn't mean there isn't one.

Upvote 0