Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
In the 24 hours since former President Donald Trump’s arraignment, the presiding judge and his family have received multiple threats, two sources familiar with the matter said.

One official said “dozens” of threats have recently been directed at Judge Juan Merchan and his chambers but did not give an exact time frame for them.

The other source said Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg and other top officials in his office continue to receive threats. The threats have been in the form of calls, emails and letters.

First, I want to say this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. It's disgusting. I think we can all agree on that.

But it's interesting to look down at the comments and see so many people blaming Trump and calling all Republicans evil for doing such a thing, forgetting the riots and death threats the Democrats did over the Supreme Court justices. Or even when Hillary lost the death threats to electors, demanding they overturn the election in Hillary's favor. It's interesting how even the media will play this up as wrong, but it's not so wrong when it happens the other way around. BOTH parties are guilty of it and it needs to stop.

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting how much energy is spent in the post condemning the death threats vs. bringing up random attempts at distracting from them.
wow.. "death threats".. this is not a right or left or DEM/REP thing...

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,429,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
First, I want to say this SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. It's disgusting. I think we can all agree on that.

Agreed...nor should leaders make comments to incite violence. And yes, I do hold the former POTUS accountable for his words.

As far as I can remember, a former POTUS has NEVER publicly threatened members of the court. In fact, such behavior was noted and read into the court record Tuesday:

An extraordinary moment came when Mr. Conroy [Prosecutor's office] began to reference Mr. Trump’s recent social media posts. The former president promised that “death and destruction” would follow were he to be charged and posted racist language and threatening images directed at the district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg.

MR. CONROY: We have significant concern about the potential danger this kind of rhetoric poses to our city, to potential jurors and witnesses, and to the judicial process.

Justice Merchan, a judge in the State Supreme Court since 2009, did warn the defense to speak to Mr. Trump “and anybody else you need to, and remind them to please refrain from making statements that are likely to incite violence or civil unrest.”

• Winner
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟212,669.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟301,012.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Reporter Maggie Haberman has theorized that Trump is trying to force the recusal of the judge by launching attacks against him and his family.

If it's Haberman, the sourcing is probably "according to a source with knowledge of Mr. Trump's inner thoughts" (aka, DJT actual).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,014.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As far as I can remember, a former POTUS has NEVER publicly threatened members of the court. In fact, such behavior was noted and read into the court record Tuesday:
But Democratic leaders of Congress sure have publicly threatened two specific Supreme Court Justices -

Upvote 0