florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
i have to admit i voted for obama the first time because i didn't like mccain or sarah palin. and obama ran on a very conservative platform the first time. he campaigned as pro-life and for traditional marriage. but then he changed to pro-choice and non-tradition marriage and wanted to take our guns away so we would be helpless to defend ourselves. so i didn't vote for him the second time. i didn't vote at all in fact. i wasn't thrilled with romney either.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
For years right-wingers had their britches in a bunch on account of President Obama.

The reason, I think, is that Obama left an enduring legacy in American values and outlook, which was even greater than his official accomplishments.

That's what really galls Trump and his followers. You can't repeal opinions. You can't sabotage values.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

Johnny Slick

Nov 9, 2018
Houston, TX
✟1,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
And he has a record number of broken promises. Would anyone like me to show you some of them, again?

Personally, I don't care if Trump has broken a lot of promises. All I care about is that he builds that wall.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
He'll do that when Mexico pays for it. That was another promise. Not going to happen. And the border patrol doesn't like it. They want to be able to see whats going on, on the other side. It's why the Israelis went with a fence, for most of their border.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RestoreTheJoy

Site Supporter
Jul 13, 2018
Passing Through
✟457,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I've not heard anyone complain about "Flip-Flopping"...that true.
That used to be the big media headlines.
This is true. Haven't heard that charge once. Nice to hear that someone means to do what he says, for a change.

• Agree
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
obama tore this country apart. trump is pasting it back together. swamp creatures are MAD.
I’m not sure that Trump is pasting the country back together.

Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Petros2015 said:
He still hasn't locked up Hillary. That's actually the one promise I was expecting him to keep.

Or that he was going to have to come up with evidence. Reportedly, he was astonished when people explained to him that he couldn't just have Clinton tossed in prison.
Sure...
There is plenty of evidence.
But with a corrupt justice system those crooks would be out in no time.
So it takes time to prepare for justice.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Hieronymus

Jan 12, 2016
the Hague NL
✟69,862.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Attachments

• IMG_20181021_220757.jpg
    IMG_20181021_220757.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Sure...
There is plenty of evidence.

You should have told Trey Gowdy; he was rather embarrassed when his final report said there wasn't.

But with a corrupt justice system those crooks would be out in no time.

First, you have to show that they committed a crime. That's the part that has Trump upset. Without the evidence, you're pretty much out of luck.

So it takes time to prepare for justice.

That's what Maduro said in Venezuela before suspending their constitution. If due process angers you, maybe that's a revelation for you.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟368,048.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:
It's really too early to assess such a recent president with any certainty. However, surveys of liberal, conservative, and moderate historians indicate better than average ratings, based on his accomplishments.
Historical rankings of presidents of the United States - Wikipedia

It's way too early to rate Trump. He has two more years to pull himself together and turn things around.

Attached Files:

Ah, faked meme. Nice try.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The reason, I think, is that Obama left an enduring legacy in American values and outlook, which was even greater than his official accomplishments.

That's what really galls Trump and his followers. You can't repeal opinions. You can't sabotage values.

You sure did nail that right on the head.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Lol. It's a hoot that before folks can even read the opinion piece they're asked to order an anointment series. The fellow writing the piece didn't give 10 reasons about President Obama being anything, he gave his own personal feelings on the man. If you took that exact same list you could apply that much more to Trump, especially number 1:
He presented himself as an authentic Christian, yet his life revealed a counterfeit convert, bringing reproach to the cause of Christ worldwide.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol. It's a hoot that before folks can even read the opinion piece they're asked to order an anointment series. The fellow writing the piece didn't give 10 reasons about President Obama being anything, he gave his own personal feelings on the man. If you took that exact same list you could apply that much more to Trump, especially number 1:

He presented himself as an authentic Christian, yet his life revealed a counterfeit convert, bringing reproach to the cause of Christ worldwide.

I know from speaking to many non-Christians in IRL and online since Trump was elected two years ago that they think his evangelical Christian supporters are hypocrites and they persistently shun the Christian witness of his evangelical Christian supporters. Several of these non-Christians have pointed out that these evangelicals would have never supported Trump in the first place if he was a Democrat.

These non-Christians know that Trump's evangelical Christian supporters never would have made excuses for his sexual deviant behavior, such as repeatedly committing adultery, being in his third marriage to his former mistress, having an affair with a inappropriate content star and then paying her off to silence her or his arrogant bragging about groping multiple women and forcing himself upon these women because he's a celebrity. These evangelical Christians never would have called his bragging of forcing himself upon these women 'locker room banter' if he was a liberal Democrat. In fact, they would have been absolutely morally indignant and they would have outright condemned him just like they did Bill Clinton for his sexual deviant behavior when he was in the midst of his sexual scandals.

These non-Christians know how Trump's evangelical Christian supporters would have indignantly reacted if former President Obama had demonstrated even the slightest hint of immoral behavior as Trump is guilty of. The Christian Right who now supports and praises Trump like he's a Christian saint would have become morally unhinged if Obama had been in his third marriage to his former mistress or if he had fathered five children with three different women or if he had boastfully bragged about groping women or if he had had an affair with a inappropriate content star and then paid her off to silence her.

I know these non-Christians think Trump's evangelical supporters have dragged their Christian witness through the mud and muck to the point where they don't even listen to these Christians anymore or even respect them. Personally speaking, neither do I. I don't take their witness or their preaching against sin seriously anymore either. I know they have destroyed the reputation of their faith and witness among the many non-Christians I know IRL and online by supporting Trump.

Upvote 0