Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
He said $6 Billion.

No one carries a ladder and pickax across the desert.

$50 Billion in currency is sent back home each year, $30 Billion to Mexico alone. With a trade turn/velocity of just 5 that's a loss of $250 Billion in GDP, and a loss of $50 Billion in tax revenue each year.

Manning the fence is the only way to effectively, and inexpensively, guard the it. No wall or fence can be effective without the presence of security personnel.
He said $6 million originally, but what's a factor of 1000 between friends?

Yep. No one could possibly carry a pickaxe or ladder through the desert. It's literally impossible.

OK, I'm not an economist... but how does "they send $50 billion home" equate to a loss of $250 billion GDP?

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
More importantly, if there are no statistics for it, where did you get the 90% figure?

After all, that was the request.
I notice that particular poster's arguments ALL seem to rest on "the obvious".

Reactions: Red Fox
Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Yeah, those 11 million poor, uneducated, illegal Canadians are a big problem; taking our low paying jobs, filling our emergency rooms, overcrowding our schools, unable to speak English......wait, what.... unable to speak English?????!!!

Some of those 11 million are indeed Canadian.

Also, if all illegal immigrants spoke English you would no longer have a problem with them?

It's because of statements like these that people tend to think that the issue has nothing to do with illegal immigration, and everything to do having a problem with Mexicans.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,127,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Mexicans". So, not illegals, but Mexicans. Thanks for being honest.

Sure, you're lining up behind all those "Mexicans" to clean toilets.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/.../where-americas-undocumented-immigrants-work/

Being associated with both the resort industry and the construction industry I know this is a fact.
And yup know many white folk that clean toilets for a living and have worked side by side with illegals cleaning toilets, serving food, and working in construction.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
More importantly, if there are no statistics for it, where did you get the 90% figure?

After all, that was the request.

Let's review:
I said that 90% of what liberals argue when it comes to race, sex, and worldview collapses in on itself.

~let me just dig up those statistics~
:doh:

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟186,669.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Let's review:
I said that 90% of what liberals argue when it comes to race, sex, and worldview collapses in on itself.

~let me just dig up those statistics~

Thank you. In other words you pulled 90% out of thin air. We already figured that but wanted to give you the benefit that your comment may be accurate.

We now know it is not.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you. In other words you pulled 90% out of thin air. We already figured that but wanted to give you the benefit that your comment may be accurate.

We now know it is not.

????????
Do you even understand what it is you are asking STATISTICS for.

I have to provide STATISTICS for my claim that 90% of liberal arguments on sex, race, and worldview are bogus?

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private

We now know it is not.

????????

I have to provide STATISTICS for my claim that 90% of liberal arguments on sex, race, and worldview are bogus?

Well this should be productive...

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟186,669.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
????????

No, you don't have to. And we don't have to believe what you say is true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It's because of statements like these that people tend to think that the issue has nothing to do with illegal immigration, and everything to do having a problem with Mexicans.
Bingo

Upvote 0

Red Fox

Dec 14, 2014
✟23,169.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
This shows me you don't quite understand what is being said.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for statistics or other reliable sources when a person claims 90% of something to be true.

If these assertions are 90% true then there should be sufficient statistics or other reliable sources available to substantiate and validate the claim.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This shows me you don't quite understand what is being said.

No, I fully understand. And it's bogus.
You want me to provide statistics that 90% of what liberals say on race, sex, and worldviews are wrong, as if a statistic like that would exist. I used a measure of what I believe to be true, and instead of anyone opposing it, you ask for STATISTICS.
And that's stupid.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Can you show me some statistics on that?

I think by now, at least 27% of the people on this board are realizing that at least 78% of the statistics that are thrown around are pure bovine-petutie.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟567,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You want me to provide statistics that 90% of what liberals say on race, sex, and worldviews are wrong, as if a statistic like that would exist. I used a measure of what I know to be true, and instead of anyone opposing it, you ask for STATISTICS.
And that's stupid.
Where did you pull the 90% from if you said yourself those statistics don't exist. You literally just said you made it up.

Upvote 0

JGG

Mar 12, 2006
✟58,445.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
You want me to provide statistics that 90% of what liberals say on race, sex, and worldviews are wrong, as if a statistic like that would exist. I used a measure of what I believe to be true, and instead of anyone opposing it, you ask for STATISTICS.
And that's stupid.

You're saying that your comment was "not intended to be a factual statement"?

It was based on "truthiness"?

I remember these memes like it was...oh, about 7 years ago now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟186,669.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
And that's stupid.
I never said I want you to provide statistics. As a matter of fact I said you don't have to.

The only thing you need to understand is that we believe your opinion is not true.

Upvote 0

Crowns&Laurels

Jul 11, 2015
✟6,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Where did you pull the 90% from if you said yourself those statistics don't exist. You literally just said you made it up.

90% of what liberals perpetuate along the lines of sex, race, and worldview collapse on themselves. And the other 10% are things which can't be solved.

That's what I said. I have four posters asking me for statistics, when the post was obviously never meant to be taken in such a way. No objective person would see that as statements of actual statistics, but as a general outline of what they see as true.

This entire conversation is ridiculous, and the reason it's even happening is because the defense of illegal immigration was crushed. I won't have anything more to do with this nonsense, I'm done here.

Upvote 0