Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but he was a leader. Being a leader doesn't mean that he was loved by everyone. It means he was willing to take change. Trump admitted that he knew that COVID-19 was dangerous and could cause serious harm, but he didn't want people to panic so he said that it would just go away. Churchill certainly didn't do that--he told the people what to expect including the possibility of German troops landing on the beaches.

Well Churchill wasn't willing to take change either. He repealed the law in England banning high sulfuric coal as it was highly polluting. The result was that London's air pollution was so bad, they had to shut down everything and return the ban on such coal. Also, Churchill is major reason for the cause of the Vietnam War as he refused to meet with Ho Chi Minh when he wanted to talk about Vietnam's independence after WWII, rather than being given back to the French.

In today's world, the media likes sensationalists stories and refuses to report facts, but keeps pushing a narrative to create a negative story, especially against Trump.

Listen to Dave Rubin on how the media is "gaslighting" the issues.

Upvote 0

Pathfinder627

Sep 26, 2020
Texas
✟11,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Also, Churchill is major reason for the cause of the Vietnam War as he refused to meet with Ho Chi Minh when he wanted to talk about Vietnam's independence after WWII, rather than being given back to the French.[/MEDIA]

Ho Chi Minh was working on that as far as the early 20th century, as just a young man in France. He actually tried to have an audience during the Versailles Treatise talks after the end of WW1. You can't lay that on one Brit who had nothing to do with France, some three decades later. You could more easily blame Woodrow Wilson, as Ho Chi Minh and other Vietnamese nationalists specifically petitioned him. And it was only afterwards in the 1920s that he embraced Communism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's most likely not a hoax, but I'm sure the Democrats will try and make it so.
I'm not a democrat, but this isn't a fair or true assertion, and you shouldn't make it.

Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Under the Trump leadership, flights from China were stopped before there was a single person infected.

Under the Trump leadership Trade between The US, Canada and Mexico was rewritten

Under the Trump leadership 80% of working families received a tax cut

Under the Trump leadership restrictive regulations were cut, (waving his magic wand), bringing back manufacturing jobs that the previous administration said would never come back

Under the Trump leadership the ISIS caliphate was brought to an end.

Under the Trump leadership our soldiers were brought to out of war zones

Under the Trump leadership a number of hostages have been freed

Under the Trump leadership Opportunity zones were developed, putting millions of dollars into minority communities

Under the Trump leadership the US Embassy was finally moved to Jerusalem

Under the Trump leadership formal relations have been opened between Israel and two Arab Nations

Under the Trump leadership NATO countries restructured payments.

If you shut off the news and look at results you’ll find a leader
If this President, congresssional Republicans, the GOP CampaIgn and his supporters were that secure in the knowledge of the Trump Administration's "positive" record, why not make that the centerpiece of their campaign instead of one focused on promoting "fear" and repeated personal attacks against Jie Biden and his family?

The President and the White House have remained largely silent on the Pandemic with its 7,312,000 testing positive and 208,400 deaths - except for denials that political appointees have interfered with CDC guidelines, false statements concerning an anticipated vaccine before the 2020 Election and unsubstantiated assertions that the COVID-19 numbers are being inflated!

If the accomplishments of this President and his Administration were as advertised, Trump and the Republicans would be far ahead in the polls!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They are all left wingers with a real hate for Trump, like many on this board.

Matthew 22:34-40, "Hearing that Jesus had silenced the Sadducees, the Pharisees got together. One of them, an expert in the law, tested him with this question: “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Since this isn't in your Bible, why not print it out and paste it in there? Who are you to judge other members of the Body of Christ because they disagree with your right wing politics?

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well Churchill wasn't willing to take change either. He repealed the law in England banning high sulfuric coal as it was highly polluting. The result was that London's air pollution was so bad, they had to shut down everything and return the ban on such coal. Also, Churchill is major reason for the cause of the Vietnam War as he refused to meet with Ho Chi Minh when he wanted to talk about Vietnam's independence after WWII, rather than being given back to the French.

In today's world, the media likes sensationalists stories and refuses to report facts, but keeps pushing a narrative to create a negative story, especially against Trump.

Listen to Dave Rubin on how the media is "gaslighting" the issues.

Ridiculous!!

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,486.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The President and the White House have remained largely silent on the Pandemic

Silent? It was less than 90 days ago people were complaining about the presidents dailycovid briefings

After 4+ solid years of 99% negative coverage of this president, I don’t even listen to the news cast anymore.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing this man can do that the press will not say something is wrong.

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ho Chi Minh was working on that as far as the early 20th century, as just a young man in France. He actually tried to have an audience during the Versailles Treatise talks after the end of WW1. You can't lay that on one Brit who had nothing to do with France, some three decades later. You could more easily blame Woodrow Wilson, as Ho Chi Minh and other Vietnamese nationalists specifically petitioned him. And it was only afterwards in the 1920s that he embraced Communism.

Churchill was in charge of the British Army which occupied Vietnam, after defeating the Japanese.

It was at that point Ho Chi Minh asked that Vietnam not be given back to France, but to give them their independence. He went to England in order to meet with Churchill, and Churchill told his security to remove that peasant.

When Ho Chi Minh went to Truman, Truman decided to follow Churchill's policy and the French were given back Vietnam. Of course they were drive out by the Vietnamese forces. The rest is America's unfortunate history.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not a democrat, but this isn't a fair or true assertion, and you shouldn't make it.

The claim that Trump is faking this to avoid being in the next debate is being made on Facebook by Trump haters.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's a false assertion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Being reported now.

Trump is being flown to Walter Reed Medical Center, as a precaution

Prayers for he, his wife and Hope Hicks, as well as all who contract this terrible disease.

• Agree
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well Churchill wasn't willing to take change either. He repealed the law in England banning high sulfuric coal as it was highly polluting. The result was that London's air pollution was so bad, they had to shut down everything and return the ban on such coal.

But Churchill was willing to take charge, he just made what turned out to be a bad decision. As was said in the article London Fog: London and the Great Smog of 1952--The True Story, "There isn’t much evidence to suggest that the government could have foreseen the fog or its effects before it hit the city." The difference is that Trump did little to deal with COVID. We know now that early action could have saved many lives.

Also, Churchill is major reason for the cause of the Vietnam War as he refused to meet with Ho Chi Minh when he wanted to talk about Vietnam's independence after WWII, rather than being given back to the French.

Already refuted by Pathfinder627.

Upvote 0

Pathfinder627

Sep 26, 2020
Texas
✟11,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Churchill was in charge of the British Army which occupied Vietnam, after defeating the Japanese.

It was at that point Ho Chi Minh asked that Vietnam not be given back to France, but to give them their independence. He went to England in order to meet with Churchill, and Churchill told his security to remove that peasant.

When Ho Chi Minh went to Truman, Truman decided to follow Churchill's policy and the French were given back Vietnam. Of course they were drive out by the Vietnamese forces. The rest is America's unfortunate history.

I understand. I just mean that others share the blame, going back long before Churchill. The sad thing is that Ho Chi Minh once admired America too, and even copied lines from the Declaration of Independence as a template for his own country. He was attracted to Wilson especially because Wilson overtly made pretensions of wanting smaller countries to gain their independence. Yet when the time came, he wasn't much help. Churchill never made such pretensions. Churchill was an unapologetic imperialist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,273.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The claim that Trump is faking this to avoid being in the next debate is being made on Facebook by Trump haters.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's a false assertion.
When using a wording that makes it sound as if that's the typical view of average democrats (instead of the wild conspiracy theory of a tiny sliver), you end up slandering.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I understand. I just mean that others share the blame, going back long before Churchill. The sad thing is that Ho Chi Minh once admired America too, and even copied lines from the Declaration of Independence as a template for his own country. He was attracted to Wilson especially because Wilson overtly made pretensions of wanting smaller countries to gain their independence. Yet when the time came, he wasn't much help. Churchill never made such pretensions. Churchill was an unapologetic imperialist.
But Churchill was a leader. Trump is not.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't know what Trump has to do with Ho Chi Minh. I was interjecting about that specifically, and the story of Versailles/Woodrow Wilson.
Yes, but I raised Churchill as an example of good leadership, and compared him to Trump’s poor leadership. You got in in the middle of it.

Upvote 0

Pathfinder627

Sep 26, 2020
Texas
✟11,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but I raised Churchill as an example of good leadership, and compared him to Trump’s poor leadership. You got in in the middle of it.

Fair enough. I did. As for that point, Trump's hit and miss. I didn't vote for him, and I'm still not sure whether I should vote at all. But I'll say this: At least he hasn't started any new wars. That's more than I can say for most US presidents.. for say, the past 50 years. It's a low bar, but I'll take it. I'm pretty single minded about that subject in particular (war) and anyone who acts like everything was roses and sunshine before him is part of the problem. I want less to do with them than Trump. These are far more dangerous people.

Reactions: JimR-OCDS
Upvote 0