Trump gives Honduras ULTIMATUM: Stop migrant caravan or we’ll stop sending you aid!

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Are we going to ignore the fact that Donald is bluffing? Once foreign aid funding is approved by Congress, Donald can't pocket it without their approval.

...and in less than a month, Congress' approval might not be a given anymore...

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Are we going to ignore the fact that Donald is bluffing? Once foreign aid funding is approved by Congress, Donald can't pocket it without their approval.

He can't pocket it, but he can stop it the aid from actually getting to where Congress wanted it to go. Congress decides what funds will be appropriated for what. Actually spending them falls under the executive branch.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
He can't pocket it, but he can stop it the aid from actually getting to where Congress wanted it to go. Congress decides what funds will be appropriated for what. Actually spending them falls under the executive branch.

So, the money goes nowhere. Fair enough.

Be a shame if Donald lost sight of that and tried to funnel some of it towards more detention centers...

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It would hard to imagine what the armed forces are for, if not to defend the border.

And yet it hasn't been used for that purpose in the entire history of the republic.

There are no legal issues surrounding the use of the military to defend the border. That's what it's for.

You might want to read the Posse Comitatus link I provided.

• Agree
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure he'll have a Tweet for the Honduran President just like he did Ruhani.

To Honduran President Juan Orlando Hernández; BAWITDABA DA BANG A DANG DIGGY DIGGY DIGGY SAID THE BOOGY SAID UP JUMP THE BOOGY BAWITDABA DA BANG A DANG DIGGY DIGGY DIGGY SAID THE BOOGY SAID UP JUMP THE BOOGY BAWITDABA DA BANG A DANG DIGGY DIGGY DIGGY SAID THE BOOGY SAID UP JUMP THE BOOGY BAWITDA

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟564,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What exactly is it about the wall that excites everyone so much? They do realize that most illegal immigrants are the result of visa overstays, and not people who were sneaking in across the boarder, right? (meaning the wall wouldn't have stopped them)

You think support for Trump is built on rational, well developed ideas based on facts?

It would hard to imagine what the armed forces are for, if not to defend the border.

killing brown people for oil, duh

Upvote 0

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟323,937.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't care if it cost me $50 a day and the goats can sacrifice a half a bale of hay.
So what you're saying is that you're willing to pay an additional $18,000/year in taxes?

• Agree
Reactions: Aryeh Jay
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing screams land of the free like walls topped with barbed wire, detention camps, jet fighters dropping bombs on civilian housing, and small unit tactics against an unarmed population.

That's America, and its long history of being in wars and sticking its business in the other countries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Israelis are smart enough not to waste billions of dollars on a wall that would be compromised in a manner of weeks.

If there's one country the U.S. should stop wasting giving aid to is Israel, IMO. I think we've coddled that country long enough, but discussing the U.S. coddling Israel isn't the subject of this thread.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,442,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's America, and its long history of being in wars and sticking its business in the other countries.

i.e. Central America.

However, given the current narco state status of Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador, I am starting to ponder if the United States should take some drastic action in those countries. Historically, Central Americans have migrated primarily due to economic reasons. However, over the last couple years, violence at home is driving people to bring their families north. These governments are no longer able to provide any basic protection to their populations. Gangs control entire neighborhoods. Police forces are corrupt. If I were a dad living in Honduras, you can bet I would take my children north than to have them abducted by the local ruling gang.

IMO, the US needs to address the safety issue in these countries else the illegal immigration wave will never cease.

Upvote 0