Trump encourages vaccination - "I don't want anything bad to happen to my people."

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are being pitted against each other over a virus that is at least 98% survivable and a vaccine that was rushed into production, and may not even do what they claimed it would do.
2% of the US population is between 6-7 million people.

I don't think that we just want to be satisfied with that kind of loss ...

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Complains about the politicization of the vaccine and then pushes misleading propaganda. Perfect.
Describing what you observe and hear on the ground, as a front-line worker, is not misinformation. Expressing doubts or concerns is not misinformation, either. Even describing what you see, hear, feel, think, and experience is now classed as “misinformation”. Incredible. It’s like China.

Please, I urge you, tske a step back from mass media. Use your senses and intelligence to judge what is and is not happening in the world, and make choices for yourself and your family based on evidence, reason, individual needs, and your own personal health concerns, not the media. Please.

Upvote 0

anna ~ grace

Site Supporter
May 9, 2010
✟108,146.93
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

My point is simply that it’s incredible to see people lay into each other, vilify each other, and even attack each other over this stuff. It’s gone from being medical advice / suggestions to being a weaponized way to pit people against each other, even as what we learn about this virus is constantly evolving, and governments and experts have had to walk back many, many statements and claims. Amazing.

• Winner
Reactions: Fr. Appletree
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My point is simply that it’s incredible to see people lay into each other, vilify each other, and even attack each other over this stuff. It’s gone from being medical advice / suggestions to being a weaponized way to pit people against each other, even as what we learn about this virus is constantly evolving, and governments and experts have had to walk back many, many statements and claims. Amazing.
Hopefully ... everybody is trying to avoid the loss of a potential 6-7 million American lives.

I'd say that's worth a little well-placed concern ...

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Describing what you observe and hear on the ground, as a front-line worker, is not misinformation. Expressing doubts or concerns is not misinformation, either. Even describing what you see, hear, feel, think, and experience is now classed as “misinformation”. Incredible. It’s like China.

The "misleading propaganda" to which I was referring were your claims that covid is "at least 98% survivable" and that the "vaccine... may not even do what they claimed it would do."

The 98% point is true in and of itself, but the inaccuracy comes in the way you frame it as being insignificant. A 2% mortality rate for a disease is pretty high, especially when it's as contagious as covid is.

There has been no evidence I'm aware of that the vaccine may not do what it claimed it would do. It's not as effective against the Delta variant as it was against earlier strains, but it's still effective.

Please, I urge you, tske a step back from mass media. Use your senses and intelligence to judge what is and is not happening in the world, and make choices for yourself and your family based on evidence, reason, individual needs, and your own personal health concerns, not the media. Please.

What makes you think I'm basing my attitudes on media reports? I can read data myself. I can do math myself. The overwhelming majority of the skepticism I've seen has been built off of easily-debunked garbage. The number of basic arithmetic errors I've seen amongst the skeptics is downright shameful.

As far as the opinions of front line workers, what front line workers are you talking about? My mother is a nurse and my father-in-law is a surgeon. I live within walking distance of one of the top medical and public health research universities in the world; my church body includes a grossly disproportionate number of doctors and med students, biology/medical researchers, and public health professionals. Without exception, they're all extremely concerned about this.

Upvote 0

Ponderous Curmudgeon

Feb 20, 2021
Newfield
✟38,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

And the vaccine wasn't rushed, rather many steps were run in parallel instead of sequence and so far it does what it was expected to do. But if you need to maintain that tiny little doubt, there are plenty of people that can be found to agree with you.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

I’ve noticed quite a few posts of late with this attitude towards “mass media”.

Maybe you could provide a recent example, from a reputable news source, of what you’re referring to?

• Optimistic
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟151,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Interestingly, trump only encourages the vaccine to "his people" who are attending donor fundraisers. Not regular Americans. To regular Americans, he tries to sell "offical" trump cards to grift. I saw a new grift the other day too. Trump is selling "Undefeated Impeachment Champion" coins to the believers. I thought our American education system was lacking in its effectiveness, and I was certainly right. I simply didn’t realize how many Americans actually choose willful ignorance!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟215,088.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Interestingly, trump only encourages the vaccine to "his people" who are attending donor fundraisers. Not regular Americans. To regular Americans, he tries to sell "offical" trump cards to grift. I saw a new grift the other day too. Trump is selling "Undefeated Impeachment Champion" coins to the believers. I thought our American education system was lacking in its effectiveness, and I was certainly right. I simply didn’t realize how many Americans actually choose willful ignorance!
Americans are his people, and I can't imagine him telling any group that they should not take one of the Trump vaccines.

Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

As he turns around and does exactly what your complaint is about.

• Winner
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Fr. Appletree

Priest of The Society of St. Pius V
Jun 24, 2021
Williamsburg
✟11,875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate

These are things sold by a lot of politicians. I get a lot of junk mail, I get things selling Biden coins and Obama coins and Kamala coins. Special commemorative nicknames of all shapes and sizes. Politics is a religion and there are many cults in it. Those you support aren't any different.

• Useful
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jimmy D

Dec 11, 2014
✟268,799.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
These are things sold by a lot of politicians. I get a lot of junk mail, I get things selling Biden coins and Obama coins and Kamala coins. Special commemorative nicknames of all shapes and sizes. Politics is a religion and there are many cults in it. Those you support aren't any different.

I’ve got a £1 coin with the Queen on it, it’s yours for 20 bucks.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The original planning was scaled back to family and close friends.

From ... What We've Learned About Obama's 60th Birthday Bash on Martha's Vineyard
Well....what do they mean "close friends"? So the party was originally planned to have 700 according to your link. Then downscaled....what was the downscaled number? Your link doesn't reveal that number and if they were wanting to properly appease concerns why not have it revealed. So what is family and close friends. 10 people? 20? Or really are you talking about still into the hundreds? Having close friends for the elites might be like having a BIG PARTY for the common folk.

• Agree
Reactions: Sodafox
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well....what do they mean "close friends"? So the party was originally planned to have 700 according to your link. Then downscaled....what was the downscaled number? Your link doesn't reveal that number and if they were wanting to properly appease concerns why not have it revealed. So what is family and close friends. 10 people? 20? Or really are you talking about still into the hundreds? Having close friends for the elites might be like having a BIG PARTY for the common folk.
I got recent info that the party was attended by, perhaps, 200 vaccinated friends and family ...

Upvote 0