Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Oh, and now we're talking about lying? When did that show up? Was I lying when I called my fetus a peanut? Does that make peanut an accurate term?

What we're discussing is whether abortion is the murder of an unborn child.

What's throwing you is the fact that different applications use language differently. Thus an open plaza in a city might be called a "square," but if it is not perfectly equilateral (and no real world shape is), then this description is not mathematically accurate. But both terms are accurate for their intended use.

So you may be unclear on what standard we are calling things "babies" or actions "murder." To keep things simple, let's choose a context. How about in the eyes of God?

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
And I responded that LGBT people are minorities and they should have the right not to be subject to quack therapies.

Do you think that this explains the criticism of the cast of Hamilton?

That's the context your remarks were initially presented in.

If you think that explains their criticism, explain how those therapies imply that Mike Pence thinks that other minorities, lack black people, don't have rights.

If you don't have an explanation then get back to something relevant.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Note what is being reported on here: Mike Pence's support for programs which would help those adjust their sexual orientation, should the desire to change it.

Somehow this leads to him not only thinking that homosexuals should not be defended in any way or have any of their rights upheld, but indeed that no minority should be defended in any way or have their rights upheld, since if the issue that the cast of Hamilton had with Pence was entirely restricted to homosexuals they would not have spoken of his general treatment of minorities.

But what I'm wondering about this: if a gay man decides he would like to change his orientation, can we use the chain of reasoning to say that he must think that black people deserve no rights?

That is kind of grasping at other planets beyond our solar system isn't it? One is a life choice, brainwashing, or indoctrination, the other is what you were born with (color of skin/race)..Not even gonna debate the LIE about homosexual born that way, plenty of saved and recovered former 'gays' who will testify to that...

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin, or the leopard his spots? then may ye also do good, that are accustomed to do evil." Jeremiah 13;23..read all of Jeremiah 13..its to a people who would not change, and why the example was given...NOT racist...

( verses 25 - 27)
"This is thy lot, the portion of thy measures from me, saith the Lord; because thou hast forgotten me, and trusted in falsehood.
Therefore will I discover thy skirts upon thy face, that thy shame may appear.
I have seen thine adulteries, and thy neighings, the lewdness of thy whoredom, and thine abominations on the hills in the fields. Woe unto thee, O Jerusalem! wilt thou not be made clean? when shall it once be?"

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
"Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind...."

Trump-Pointing-Finger.png

Oh wait, he didn't say it, God did in Leviticus 18;22

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

Kara.jpg

So y'all know what it took to find that Gods hand photo without some watermark? A Russian website..LOL, thanks neighbors & friends..someone can see clearly
God says a lot of things in Leviticus...it's hard to keep up with them all.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Do you think that this explains the criticism of the cast of Hamilton?

That's the context your remarks were initially presented in.

If you think that explains their criticism, explain how those therapies imply that Mike Pence thinks that other minorities, lack black people, don't have rights.

If you don't have an explanation then get back to something relevant.
You asked for one example, I gave you one.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump didn't like someone being mean to his emotionally frail buddy and called for safe spaces and an end to bullying.

...and apparently Buttercup Trump was offended by this exercise of free speech.

Boos are harmful to special little snowflakes like Mike Pence. That's why his big brother is calling for safe spaces so he won't get bullied like that.

Trump takes himself down. The all-so-thin skinned and easily offended Donald just can't keep off Twitter.

A bigot got called out.

Maybe he can sign an executive order declaring theaters safe spaces so special snowflakes like Mike Pence won't get bullied.

It's a parody of the left.

Part of Trumps supposed appeal is that he's anti-PC, that he's against safe space culture, against contrived allegations of bullying designed to shut down scrutiny.

It turns out that he's actually thin skinned himself and wants to control what people can say to him.

hmmmm.....

Maybe you people need to speak with Ben Shapiro

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What we're discussing is whether abortion is the murder of an unborn child.

What's throwing you is the fact that different applications use language differently. Thus an open plaza in a city might be called a "square," but if it is not perfectly equilateral (and no real world shape is), then this description is not mathematically accurate. But both terms are accurate for their intended use.

So you may be unclear on what standard we are calling things "babies" or actions "murder." To keep things simple, let's choose a context. How about in the eyes of God?
We could choose a context as in the eyes of the law, that might be more relevant. But as far as the eyes of God, I don't know for two reasons. ..one, God is mostly silent on this issue, and two, for me at least, my pro life views are independent of my belief or lack thereof in God. I'm pro life because I don't want to rob a sentient being of it's chance to experience this life.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We could choose a context as in the eyes of the law, that might be more relevant. But as far as the eyes of God, I don't know for two reasons. ..one, God is mostly silent on this issue, and two, for me at least, my pro life views are independent of my belief or lack thereof in God. I'm pro life because I don't want to rob a sentient being of it's chance to experience this life.

If you want to go by the context of the law only, then nothing that Pence or Trump has done has robbed minorities of any rights or removed the government's defense of them.

Nice to get that sorted out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Or is it; and this is just a crazy stab in the dark here; that you want to mock conservatives with fellow liberals and the specific reasons don't matter so much?
U just don't get the jist of this thread

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Can U come up with 2 more ... A three cord rope is not easily broken.
Probably, but I've got laundry to put away and some work after that. Since the cast, I believe, also mentioned the environment as a concern, if one wanted to look at Pence's position there, it might serve as an easy second example.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.