Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Though if you guys really do want to double down on this, and make the new status quo that anyone can be publicly criticized for any reason at any public event, I'd be fine joining in.

I'd love to see several Democrats explain to the people why they are so keen on supporting the murder of babies if nothing else.
I'm sure it's only prominent Democrats not pro life nobody Democrats like me you'd want to have answer that, but I'd say two things in response. ..one, that abortion is not the same thing as murdering babies, and two, that not wanting to criminalize abortions isn't the same thing as being keen on it. Abortions decreased significantly during Obama's tenure as president, and that's a good thing.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've always wondered this. @brinny does your computer not have a search engine?

I've known Brinny for years...don't you know when God designed the Brinny 5000 BC there was no need for search engines? Brinny IS a computer, she just never upgraded into the 20th & 21st century so just sticks close to the LORD... :p

• Haha
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
that abortion is not the same thing as murdering babies,

Intentionally killing an unborn baby in an abortion is the same as murdering one.

Or is the complaint only valid if it is something where every American would assess the situation in the same way?

If so, then the complaints against Mike Pence are invalid; Americans would certainly not generally classify the actions of the Trump administration as an administration which did not want to protect the lives of minorities.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I've known Brinny for years...don't you know when God designed the Brinny 5000 BC there was no need for search engines? Brinny IS a computer, she just never upgraded into the 20th & 21st century so just sticks close to the LORD... :p

LOL!

• Friendly
Reactions: Starcrystal
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I wonder if all the folks who seem to have such disdain for colleges and universities and the students that attend spend much time in that environment. I'm a professor at one, and have been for a long time, and am currently also working on another doctorate at another, and I don't see what people are complaining about. ...just kids for the most part who are hard working, intellectually curious and ok with diverse opinions.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
He signed a religious freedom bill!

The horror!
Without looking, would that be a bill that allows business owners/employers/whatever to just refuse to service/employment to people because they're gay?

Or is that the trans-bathroom one?

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if all the folks who seem to have such disdain for colleges and universities and the students that attend spend much time in that environment. I'm a professor at one, and have been for a long time, and am currently also working on another doctorate at another, and I don't see what people are complaining about. ...just kids for the most part who are hard working, intellectually curious and ok with diverse opinions.
It's anti-intellectualism and a general contempt of sort of left-leaning places. You're seen as the establishment by evangelicals, who, in many ways are left behind by many areas of society.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I work at a university. Someone sent a letter to our president talking about how "students are worried that they'll be rounded up in camps." The president sent the letter out, saying that these are valid worries that we need to seriously listen to.

That's just one anecdote about how the majority of the university has walled itself off from reality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wasn't your whole M.O. in this thread to pretend that Trump was being nothing more than a crybaby for complaining about attacks on Mike Pence.

You of all people should be able to take a little heat.
Come, come now would USincognito pretend when we all know that Trump was being as serious as he is capable of being serious.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Perhaps they aren't college educated and didn't know any better.

LOL!

The guy's an actor.

Apparently he believes he's got the right to bully/attack someone (a paying customer at the very least) from stage?

Doesn't he know that actors ebb and flo (rise and fall) like the tide?

He's done sealed his own fate.

It was ig'nant and reprehensible.

He ambushed Mr Pence.

What a cowardly and dastardly and foolishly self-fulfilling downfall prophetic thing to do.

he's putting his own nails in his coffin.

^_^

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Intentionally killing an unborn baby in an abortion is the same as murdering one.

Or is the complaint only valid if it is something where every American would assess the situation in the same way?

If so, then the complaints against Mike Pence are invalid; Americans would certainly not generally classify the actions of the Trump administration as an administration which did not want to protect the lives of minorities.
Except that an unborn baby really isn't a baby but a fetus, and as we're always told, killing and murder aren't the same either. Not that I support abortion, but I can be against it without calling it murdering babies.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Except that an unborn baby really isn't a baby but a fetus, and as we're always told, killing and murder aren't the same either. Not that I support abortion, but I can be against it without calling it murdering babies.

I don't care if calling something what is makes you feel bad. I'll keep using accurate terms.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
LOL!

The guy's an actor.

Apparently he believes he's got the right to bully/attack someone (a paying customer at the very least) from stage?

Doesn't he know that actors ebb and flo (rise and fall) like the tide?

He's done sealed his own fate.

It was ig'nant and reprehensible.

He ambushed Mr Pence.

What a cowardly and dastardly and foolishly self-fulfilling downfall prophetic thing to do.

he's putting his own nails in his coffin.

^_^
So is there a reason Pence shouldn't be criticised?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Wasn't your whole M.O. in this thread to pretend that Trump was being nothing more than a crybaby for complaining about attacks on Mike Pence.

You of all people should be able to take a little heat.

Wow. Not only are you lying about me in the other post, you didn't even understand the point of the OP.

No, this thread isn't about Trump. Some people are apparently satire impaired it seems.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow. Not only are you lying about me in the other post, you didn't even understand the point of the OP.

No, this thread isn't about Trump. Some people are apparently satire impaired it seems.

Well fill me in on the point of the thread then.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.