Trump boosts school prayer, faith groups

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
In a bid to solidify his evangelical base, President Donald Trump on Thursday vowed to protect prayer in public schools and took new steps to give religious organizations easier access to federal programs.

Speaking at an Oval Office event and joined by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Trump unveiled the federal government’s first updated guidance on school prayer since 2003. It details scenarios in which school officials must permit prayer and clarifies the consequences if they don’t, but overall it makes few major changes to the guidance it replaces.

“We will not let anyone push God from the public square,” Trump said as he introduced the new rules. “We will uphold religious liberty for all.”

Link: Trump boosts school prayer, faith groups as he rallies base

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Regardless how one feels about Trump, I believe in giving credit where it is due. But it won’t happen.

I would like to say if we get enough republicans in the house/senate, it could happen. But, they have their own issues.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I hope that when he means all, he means all, which includes non-Christian religions as well.
In the picture that goes with the article, there's a Islamic woman in the background.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

Jamesone5

Site Supporter
Aug 7, 2019
Basin
✟97,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In a bid to solidify his evangelical base, President Donald Trump on Thursday vowed to protect prayer in public schools and took new steps to give religious organizations easier access to federal programs.

Speaking at an Oval Office event and joined by Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, Trump unveiled the federal government’s first updated guidance on school prayer since 2003. It details scenarios in which school officials must permit prayer and clarifies the consequences if they don’t, but overall it makes few major changes to the guidance it replaces.

“We will not let anyone push God from the public square,” Trump said as he introduced the new rules. “We will uphold religious liberty for all.”

Link: Trump boosts school prayer, faith groups as he rallies base

My Christian son tells me he can pray to himself at any time in his high school---especially before a test. Guess some Christians feel we need big showy corporate prayers

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I hope that when he means all, he means all, which includes non-Christian religions as well.
I'm less worried about that, personally.

• Agree
Reactions: panman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums