United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Trump, Kim Jong Un meet face-to-face, shake hands at historic summit
It's unbelievable! Pres. Trump and Kim Jong In finally meet in Singapore face to face. For the first time, there was a U.S. President meeting a leader of North Korea. I find it hard to believe that I see camera clips and pictures of Trump and Kim Jong Un meeting each other on the same screen with no alterations.
And just months ago the relationship between the U.S. and North Korea seemed very strained with threats of a nuclear war. It seems that the tables have turned pretty quickly with this summit.
It's a great thing that President Trump finally met Kim Jong Un face to face because North Korea has always been an obviously isolated enemy of the U.S. ever since it was born. So now there is history in the making that will have impact. Hopefully, this means that North Korea can finally ease tensions and open up itself. I'm not expecting it to be a democracy at all. After all, North Korea is a giant personality cult that is more dangerous than People's Temple or the Branch Davidians.
However, Trump meeting with Kim Jong Un reminds me of how Nixon went to China in 1972. From the early cold war until then, China was just as adverse to the United States as North Korea is now. Look at how prosperous China is now even though they are still a communist state. I've been watching the Fox report on this and they have compared this summit with that between Ronald Reagan and Gorbachev in 1985
Reagan and Gorbachev meet in Reykjavik - Oct 11, 1986 - HISTORY.com

Last edited:

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟675,211.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
At the very least it is a step in a positive direction.
Donald+Trump+President+Trump+Meets+North+Korean+SsX1Q_XLCFzl.jpg

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am praying for peace. I am praying for all.

A denuclearize NK is good for everyone.

This is not a partisan issue.
You have to look at it from NKs perspective. It was highly important they achieve nuclear weapon capability. Uns father was the one who said that without nuclear weapons they would be pushed around and pointed to the US invasion of Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan etc. It was Uns father who strongly believed that if they could strike the US mainland and its interests, then they would have a meaningful seat at a negotiation table - Ive heard a lot of people saying how crazy Un is - yet here it is - The US president has had to meet with him with a measure of diplomacy. Un has something meaningful to negotiate now. It may not be total denuclearisation because that would eliminate his bargaining chip and without it NK would have been pushed around long ago. But I'm sure it would be a strong sign towards free movement within the Sea of Japan, and a move towards positive exchange between the Nth & Sth which South Korea has already initiated.

We'll see I guess. But Im already starting to think I underestimated just how clever this guy really is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I noticed that goofy reporter kept asking Dennis, 3 times I think ''Does Kim speak English ?'' I'm like duh, you're a making like a million a week reporter and don't know'' Then he asked ''is that a Trump hat you're wearing'' ? Again smh .. Yes it's a ''Make America Great Again'' Cuomo, but it doesn't say Trump, how did you know ? Anyway like you said ''Kudos to Dennis Rodman'' plus Kim plus Trump if it happens .. And God Bless the North Koreans ..

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I noticed that goofy reporter kept asking Dennis, 3 times I think ''Does Kim speak English ?'' I'm like duh, you're a making like a million a week reporter and don't know'' Then he asked ''is that a Trump hat you're wearing'' ? Again smh .. Yes it's a ''Make America Great Again'' Cuomo, but it doesn't say Trump, how did you know ? Anyway like you said ''Kudos to Dennis Rodman'' plus Kim plus Trump if it happens .. And God Bless the North Koreans ..

I agree!!!! Yes, that's what got my attention. It stopped me in my tracks.

This can easily be dismissed, but it's pivotal.

I have a new respect for Dennis Rodman.

• Agree
Reactions: 4x4toy
Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I did a post over a month ago saying I had a feeling Kim Jong Un was starting on the path to peace. Here is the link to it.

Kim Jong Un - on the path to peace???

It was a feeling that I think, but am not entirely sure came from God and something I prayed into. The real sense I had about it was that the praise and genuine appreciation he would get from it would appeal to his ego and make him feel god about himself. I dont necessarily thin it is more than that, he just wants to be loved. What it needs is for him to be shown appreciation and love for what he is doing. i even thought about writting a letter to him to say how wonderful I thought he was for starting on the path to peace and I hoped one day he could be remembered as a world leader in the same way Nelso Mandela is (just think hat he would have to do to achieve that, but that is exactly what I felt I should be praying for and I still am.

I now feel what is happening is just the start.

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...or it's not. :wave:
tulc(history would seem to say it isn't but history can sometimes be wrong) :)
Over the years Ive had a few times the Holy Spirit has led me to pray for something. Even the ones more unlikely than this have happened. Don't underestimate God.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Over the years Ive had a few times the Holy Spirit has led me to pray for something. Even the ones more unlikely than this have happened. Don't underestimate God.
I never underestimate God. I just don't take what I think is going to happen to be "a sure thing". :wave:
tulc(isn't sure that GirdYourLoins' "feeling led" is something he would make bank on either, no offense meant) :)

Upvote 0

4x4toy

Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟116,025.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I never underestimate God. I just don't take what I think is going to happen to be "a sure thing". :wave:
tulc(isn't sure that GirdYourLoins' "feeling led" is something he would make bank on either, no offense meant) :)
Best not to underestimate anybody especially an opponent .. :wave:

Upvote 0