Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Quite a statement to imply Joe Rogan is not smart. Have you met the him in person? Or you think just because he was previously in MMA, he is all brawn no brain? Leaping to conclusion. Judging a book by its cover?

What makes you think I haven’t listened to his podcast? I’ve been aware of Joe Rogan since he was on Newsradio. I enjoy his UFC work and I even kinda liked Fear Factor. I just don’t find that he adds much to more weighty topics.

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think everyone needs to calm down and have a drink of water. The idea of a 4 hr debate with Joe Rogan moderating seems to be a Twitter idea that got blown out of proportion. Trump's off-the-cuff agreement is just Trump stirring the pot.

This is the current debate schedule:

View attachment 284667
2020 United States presidential debates - Wikipedia.

OB

I'm game, but most know Bidens handlers will never agree to such a thing. From all that I've gathered, it's not just wishful thinking on my part that tells me Biden is simply not going to be able to hold his own against a much sharper by comparison, Trump.

Just the cold hard facts as I see them.

• Agree
Reactions: Pavel Mosko
Upvote 0

Gene2memE

Oct 22, 2013
✟276,055.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm game, but most know Bidens handlers will never agree to such a thing. From all that I've gathered, it's not just wishful thinking on my part that tells me Biden is simply not going to be able to hold his own against a much sharper by comparison, Trump.

"facts as I see them." = opinion

That just a cold hard fact, as I see it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"facts as I see them." = opinion

That just a cold hard fact, as I see it.

Thanks for making the obvious, obvious. :)

I said facts as I see them, and of course it's an opinion, but that doesn't make it wrong. Watch the debates and see for yourself.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,640.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced

Nobody in their right mind would agree to a 4 hour debate. The concept is obviously ridiculous.

OB

• Winner
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0

Under One King

Jul 14, 2020
The Shadowlands
✟28,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nobody in their right mind would agree to a 4 hour debate. The concept is obviously ridiculous.

OB
Well, if Biden is as physically fit as they say he is, with no cognitive problems, he shouldn't have a problem.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
That’s all good stuff but what knowledge does he really bring to the debate? This is supposed to be a discussion of the issues that are impacting our country, not a ratings-grab UFC event.

I actually think you got this wrong. In the past, especially covering the Republican primaries, I've seen professional media people focus a lot on the hot headline issues of the time like Gender Bathrooms with transexuals, whether or not people should have to bake wedding for a gay wedding etc. That was very frustrating at the time because very few Republicans were really interested in that stuff compared to more nuts and bolts issues like jobs and the economy, and even among Democrats those issues at best ranked #7 often even down the list like 9th-12 place, among a list of issues.

I can also mention other issues. Compared to Trump who has a hostile media that loves to go after him on every issue, Biden is only occasionally really tested and questioned on things. A great example of that was the sexual assault allegation from a few months ago. It took sometime like 5+ weeks for someone to really ask him on that. The NBC Odonell (unsure spelling) did a good job, but didnot do the follow up questions that she probably would have done with trump.

Anyway there is a lot of stuff like this, but on more important / fundamental issues. Where Biden is rarely really questioned or challenged on his claims. There was an opinion piece article that was printed a month or more in to the Covid lockdown called "Stay Alive, Mr. Biden". And that sort has been the attitude of much of the media. If Biden just has a pulse that is good enough for them.

• Agree
Reactions: Hrairoo
Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

OB
[Re-reads the thread title]
Spot-on correct.

[now, off to google "Who is Joe Rogan?"]

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
That’s all good stuff but what knowledge does he really bring to the debate? This is supposed to be a discussion of the issues that are impacting our country, not a ratings-grab UFC event.

I'm pretty sure Trump's primary concern about the event would be ratings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hrairoo

Prayerfully Searching
Aug 30, 2020
New York
✟14,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm pretty sure Trump's primary concern about the event would be ratings.
It should be partly a concern of Biden's as well. The internet is a young person's place and many young voters watch Joe Rogan's podcast. It would be a better way to reach them than CNN.

Rogan's an avowed left leaning libertarian and endorsed Bernie Sanders(who then endorsed Joe Biden when he dropped out). Joe Rogan might have some criticisms of Biden but he's not MAGA. Just because Trump approves of the idea doesn't mean it'd be good for Trump.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

OB

Okay, I see, the spin now is Trump is not in his right mind because he IS willing to debate, and Biden is just fine because he would not be able to handle it for the duration.

Interesting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Hrairoo
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why not? Are you afraid to have your candidate do this?
I sure am. Biden is a gaffe machine. And the expectations for Trump to be sensible and coherent are already in the basement. So Biden has a lot more to lose.

Biden should agree to zero Trump debates.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, I see, the spin now is Trump is not in his right mind because he IS willing to debate, and Biden is just fine because he would not be able to handle it.

Interesting.
Trump is not in his right mind and hasn't been in who knows how long.... if ever. That's not even debatable. He agreed to sit down with Bob Woodward, too. Maybe Biden should take him up on it.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump is not in his right mind and hasn't been in who knows how long.... if ever. That's not even debatable. He agreed to sit down with Bob Woodward, too. Maybe Biden should take him up on it.

OK.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Two historic peace treaties now in the Middle East. Too bad then we didn't have some of that craziness before! :oldthumbsup:

• Agree
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟991,640.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Okay, I see, the spin now is Trump is not in his right mind because he IS willing to debate, and Biden is just fine because he would not be able to handle it for the duration.

Interesting.
No Kenny. Trump has agreed because he knows it won't happen.

I have no idea of Biden's, or Trump's, capabilities but sitting or standing for 4 hours of continuous debate would tax most people physically and mentally.

OB

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Two historic peace treaties now in the Middle East. Too bad then we didn't have some of that craziness before! :oldthumbsup:
Jared turned out to be good for something. But this isn’t going to bring peace any more than the previous thirty-seven historic treaties.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

OB

One half, of an 8-hour workday is too much? What happens in the war room during a crisis? Everyone gets a floor mat for nap time?

Upvote 0