Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
President Donald Trump's administration on Wednesday reversed Obama-era policies requiring that public schools allow transgender students to use the bathroom that corresponds with their gender identity. It will now be up to the states and school districts to interpret whether federal sex discrimination law applies to gender identity.

Continued below.
Transgender bathrooms: Trump administration reverses Obama policies

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
How come Americans are so terribly afraid of other people's genitals I'll never understand. They're penises and vaginas, not rattle snakes and bear traps.

Well, I think Americans seem to be afraid in general (not just in genital. Ha!). I know more people than I can count who don't feel comfortable leaving their homes without a gun on their hip. I know Americans who fear Muslims in a general sense, like who wouldn't be comfortable if a Muslim family moved in next door. Our politicians and our media create and capitalize on this fear. "You're going to lose your health insurance, your guns, your religion, your heritage (heh, American heritage), your job cleaning swimming pools or roofing, your so-called right to chose", and on and on. If you can make a person fear, you can control them. If you can make a person believe that there are forces conspiring against them, you can control them. My workplace has a policy allowing people to use whichever restroom they see fit. We also have the occasional single-stall restroom available for people who have a strong aversion for some reason to sharing a restroom with another person. It seems like a reasonable compromise and there have been no issues. It seems like a reasonable compromise. Reasonable compromises that don't involve people freaking out over nothing don't make the news though, you know?

• Agree
Reactions: Antigone
Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟279,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see this as a victory for plain, old-fashioned common sense.

Males and females are not the same thing. They should both be restricted to their own bathroom facilities. This will ensure that women are not intimidated or violated, and men will not be placed in situations where A) they could be tempted; or B) they could say or do something that could be misinterpreted, and end up in a lawsuit for some form of intimidation or harassment against women.

If any specific individual (male, female, or "other") is unsure of which facility to use, then they need psychological counselling, not a support lobby to force well-adjusted people to accept their specific delusion.

Don't care for my view on the subject? Tough. Learn to be more "inclusive" and "tolerant", and accept my viewpoint----which is just as legitimate as yours.

Upvote 0

concretecamper

I stand with Candice.
Nov 23, 2013
PA
✟276,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I saw Tucker Carlson have a field day with Zac Petkanas....It is worth a watch. I can't believe that there are Catholics who would disagree with what Trump did. Faithful Catholics are most likely cheering the reversal of this Obama guidance.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟279,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know more people than I can count who don't feel comfortable leaving their homes without a gun on their hip.

And for the vast majority of American history---in fact, up until just about 100 years ago---that wouldn't have been considered unusual in the least. In fact, 100 years ago, you could order a .45 caliber Colt revolver out of the Sears & Roebuck catalog for about $18.00, and the US Post Office would deliver it right to your door. :)

• Winner
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And for the vast majority of American history---in fact, up until just about 100 years ago---that wouldn't have been considered unusual in the least. In fact, 100 years ago, you could order a .45 caliber Colt revolver out of the Sears & Roebuck catalog for about $18.00, and the US Post Office would deliver it right to your door. :)

You are correct that until shortly after the Kennedy assasination guns were available mail-order. The idea that having a gun on your hip when about town in the United States was common is a fabrication is not grounded in fact. Most cities had ordnances against open and concealed carry of firearms, with typical exceptions for bankers and law endorcement agents. The "Old West" idea that people typically wore guns about town is pure Hollywood. Even in sparsely-populated Western towns this was uncommon, and it was certainly uncommon in cities. Today, Americans are pretty unique in how many of us are too scared to leave our homes without a gun.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
So you would have no problem with an adult male greeting your family in the nude?

I have no problem with an adult male greeting my family in the nude. If he were participating in some sort of lewd behavior we'd have a problem, but nudity on its own doesn't bother me. My friend who married a Finish girl reported that the first time he met her family and they all took sauna together with neighbors it was a bit strange, but he quickly grew comfortable with it.

Heck, I remember showering in gym class with people we all new were homosexuals. Many of them lied to cover it up at the time, but just as many didn't. It was a non-issue. I recall some pretty big, butch lesbians on the girls swim team showering with the more delicate, feminine girls. No issues there either, according to my then girlfriend who was on the team.

That said, I see no reason why President Obama should have ever issued the order he did. Issues of who uses which restroom are not issues the Federal government needs to take up. I'm not sure States need to rule on it either. I'm okay with organizations, businesses, and schools setting their own policies based on the needs of their patrons and the reality of the archetecure they have to work with.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

hsilgne

Frustrated in Hooterville.
Feb 25, 2005
Canada
✟39,329.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This has caused more MSM to be exposed as the fake news that they are. Many of the MSM outlets are doing their best to use this to inflame uninformed naive people to think this is the beginning of some sort of 'war' on the LGBQT community by President Trump. When, in fact, all it is is giving the decision back to the states.

Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm glad President Trump has reversed the Obama policy that our bishops called "deeply disturbing".

Catholic Bishops: Administration's Guidance on Transgender Restrooms ‘Deeply Disturbing’

(CNSNews.com) – The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) on Monday called the guidance issued Friday by the Obama administration that public schools must allow transgender students to use bathrooms and locker rooms consistent with their “gender identity” - not their biological sex - if they expect to receive federal funding “deeply disturbing.

Bishop Richard Malone of Buffalo, chairman of the USCCB Committee on Laity, Marriage, Family Life and Youth; and Archbishop George Lucas, chairman of the USCCB Committee on Catholic Education called the guidance “deeply disturbing” adding that it “contradicts a basic understanding of human formation.”

Upvote 0