Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Trump won't be kissing up as Obama has done -- that is a good thing.

Obama bringing up our countries past sins.
Show me a country that has none.

M-Bob

Yes.

It IS a good thing.

Upvote 0

Armoured

So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

M-Bob
I don't think anyone claims that their country has none.

But why is Obama wanting to address those of yours such an issue?

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,325.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

M-Bob

Trump will kiss the Saudi king. Or at the very least, shake his hand.

Money rules America.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I don't think anyone claims that their country has none.

But why is Obama wanting to address those of yours such an issue?
Well the rest of the world is more than capable at leaving a bag of burning pooh on America's doorstep and blaming America for all the sins of the world.

Before Obama, it was generally understood that American presidents were there to represent the interests of Americans, rather than denigrate past American generations and praise America's enemies.
In contrast, no Canadian prime minister in living memory has ever gone on a 'Canada sucks' apology tour like Obama did on his first visit to the ME.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,325.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chop Chop Square

The escalation of the war against the Islamic State was triggered by widespread revulsion at the gruesome beheading of two American journalists, relayed on YouTube. Since then, two British aid workers have met a similar grisly fate. And another American has been named as next in line by his terrorist captors.

Yet, for all the outrage these executions have engendered the world over, decapitations are routine in Saudi Arabia, America’s closest Arab ally, for crimes including political dissent—and the international press hardly seems to notice. In fact, since January, 59 people have had their heads lopped off in the kingdom, where “punishment by the sword” has been practiced for centuries.

The Saudi legal system is based on Islam’s Sharia law. Some countries that use Sharia possess a penal code, but Saudi Arabia does not, although some activists have been calling for reform.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In contrast, no Canadian prime minister in living memory has ever gone on a 'Canada sucks' apology tour like Obama did on his first visit to the ME.

And what a let down that tour was. Not only for us here in the US but, those abroad also wondered -- what the heck is going on?
M-Bob

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
And what a let down that tour was. Not only for us here in the US but, those abroad also wondered -- what the heck is going on?
M-Bob
Every country has its own interests, and in defense of those interests, many countries often do take a hyper-critical stance towards America. For Obama to ape that hyper-critical stance against America did not give off the appearance of magnanimity. It gave off the appearance that Obama was the type of guy capable of dissing his own mother.

Weak and decadent people can appreciate someone doing that. Nations and peoples who value strength and honor saw such a crass display of simpering disrespect as abhorrent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Only Trump and his advisors would schedule a trip to Saudi Arabia when Iran was holding national elections that include allowing women the right to vote - all illegal in Saudi Arabia!

It also must have slipped Trump's commitment to protect the American public from Islamic extremists when Saudi Arabia was excluded from the travel ban - despite the fact that it was the birthplaces of Osama Bin Laden and the majority of those who perpetrated 9/11!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
The trip was not regarding women's rights although Ivanka and Milani did meet with women over there and had a positive meeting.
M-Bob
Do conservatives not see the irony of Trump's “America made the right choice” when he receives an award from a nation that embodies the antithesis of American values, and the birthplace of Osama Bin Laden and the majority of those who perpetrated 9/11!

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟821,759.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

M-Bob
I was listening to him and swore I was listening to Hillary. That certainly wasn't Trump's words.

Upvote 0

Raphael Jauregui

Episcopalian, liberal Anglican, Mdiv
May 3, 2017
Mesa
✟28,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think so. We have a president who drafted a Muslim-ban on other countries that excluded innocent refugees while he praised Saudi Arabia which is an intolerant dictatorship. Pres. Trump is also under FBI investigation, his former National Security Advisor, Michael Flynn, just plead the 5th and will not be testifying before the Senate. Remember who did testify? Hillary. Remember what Trump said? Trump said that people who do not testify are probably guilty. Pres. Trump fired the FBI Director investigating him, told the Russians that it buys them time on the investigation, and gave classified information to the Russians. No thanks. I was and always remain #NeverTrump.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Raphael Jauregui

Episcopalian, liberal Anglican, Mdiv
May 3, 2017
Mesa
✟28,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
The cup as usual is half empty.

Heck of a way in which to support ones country.

M-Bob
Pres. Trump is not my country. Did you support Pres. Obama in everything he did? Did you say that when Pres. Obama was president and equate supporting the country with supporting a particular politician? Also, it was Pres. Trump who, as a candidate, said that it's bad to have a president under FBI investigation. Well, he is now under investigation himself. Sad!

Upvote 0