Trump’s Humiliating Statement on Katie Miller...

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Good thing also that you don't have camera's on you nonstop with people looking for the smallest mistake you make, while asking the same questions repeatedly trying to get that sound bite they can manipulate to call you names and degrade you.
[snip]
You mean like the President has to endure?
((Like he didn’t know that that came with the job!))

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You mean like the President has to endure?
((Like he didn’t know that that came with the job!))

Like outright misrepresenting what was said - not just one time, but as often as they can get away with it.

- President told people to drink lysol - never happened
- President promotes hydrochloroquine as wonder drug - never happened - he said it showed hope and should be tested.
- President said there were good people in the White Nationalist in Charlottesville - footage shows the President condemning them, and then plainly stating he was not referring to White Nationalist when speaking about good people on both sides.

Three obvious examples off the top of my head - it has been happening steadily for four years

Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Or maybe we should elect someone who is afraid to come out of his basement. Now there is a leader.

As I said in my previous reply, I've been working through this whole mess. We work with our masks so that we can stay on the job and keep the infections to a minimum. You know, since the work is important, we find it important to keep ourselves well enough to do it. Not so with the man running the executive branch of the government that, only, runs the military.

Trump, who has the power to test everyone on his staff and the masks to equip them all with proper PPE, leads by telling them to do what they want and has them get infected.

So, if you like stupid leadership to also be brash, he's your guy. With your non sequitur of reply I can see why.

Last edited:
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟909,665.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Like outright misrepresenting what was said - not just one time, but as often as they can get away with it.

Show me the headline about "drinking" Lysol

- President promotes hydrochloroquine as wonder drug - never happened - he said it showed hope and should be tested.

Saying something shows hope and should be tested is not promoting it?

- President said there were good people in the White Nationalist in Charlottesville - footage shows the President condemning them, and then plainly stating he was not referring to White Nationalist when speaking about good people on both sides.

I agree on this one. Taken out of context but Trump should of known better.

Three obvious examples off the top of my head - it has been happening steadily for four years
Certainly no one would do anything like take "You did not build that" out of context correct? Yes, it is a good thing no one ever misrepresented the last president. Someone might of claimed he was not born in America and had 50% of conservatives believing it. Could you imagine if our current president had participated in that conspiracy yet no one cared?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Theres no chance you are just wrong eh? Like that is just not a possibility in you mind.

That's the kind of confidence and surity I wish hadi ; where my opinion flies in the face of experts but I still believe it.
Reaching for the trusty old ad hominan?

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As I said in my previous reply, I've been working through this whole mess. We work with our masks so that we can stay on the job and keep the infections to a minimum. You know, since the work is important, we find it important to keep ourselves well enough to do it. Not so with the man running the executive branch of the government that, only, runs the military.

Trump, who has the power to test everyone on his staff and the masks to equip them all with proper PPE, leads by telling them to do what they want and has them get infected.

So, if you like stupid leadership to also be brash, he's your guy. With your non sequitur of reply I can see why.
If masks did anything, why were we told for month by the medical experts that we did not need a mask?? I do not know what you think you can see but lets stick to the subject and not start attacking each other.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

He suggested that disinfectant might be injected into the body, not to drink Lysol.......so much better...!

He told people to “Take it....what do you have to lose...?” With regard to HCQ.....you must be so proud....!

• Winner
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

I'll bet my blessings he's taking it seriously now that it's hit the White House... after someone explained to him that the country is two ventilators away from...President Pelosi.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,369.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Since we can't tell when people have become infected, wearing a mask is mainly so you aren't spreading around the disease yourself, so it is, at this point of the pandemic in most areas, a display of courtesy to the people around you.
I would go further. Given the extent to which this information is out there, readily available and oft-repeated, anyone who disregards the advice is guilty, in my opinion, of assault and - depending on the consequences - manslaughter. I can tolerate a lot more discourtesy than I can an aerosol of covid-19 issuing from the mouth of a passerby.

And, unless a post is particularly terrible, I find it pedantic and an avoidance strategy, to bring up grammar.
I think grammatical and spelling errors only become an issue when they are numerous and occur in post after post. That would suggest the poster is arrogant (having little respect for his readers) and poorly educated (likely to have little training in critical thinking).

Good thing also that you don't have camera's on you nonstop with people looking for the smallest mistake you make, while asking the same questions repeatedly trying to get that sound bite they can manipulate to call you names and degrade you.
But if I had run for political office I would expect to face this and I would take steps to be well prepared to deal with what was flung at me. I wouldn't resort to fatuous claims of "fake news", while spewing a litanty of lies. I'd seek to deliver factual, relevant, focused information and address questions directly and responsibly.

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
He was there to talk about his experiences and recommendations based on his record. The people in the crowd were literally there wanting to hear him talking about himself. It's like criticizing a band for a gig where they keep playing their own songs.
So "he reference himself 392 times in a speech about himself"?

Well that's some damning journalism right there.

• Agree
Reactions: Kentonio
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Reaching for the trusty old ad hominan?
huh. I don't think pointing out that you might be wrong is an ad hominem. AND I labelled two very positive character traits.

I'm really not sure where the ad hominem is

• Winner
Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟368,509.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I think grammatical and spelling errors only become an issue when they are numerous and occur in post after post. That would suggest the poster is arrogant (having little respect for his readers) and poorly educated (likely to have little training in critical thinking).
Well heads up Ophiolite. I'm neither poorly educated or arrogant but I post OFTEN on my cell phone and I'm a terrible, TERRIBLE texter.

Be gentle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
If masks did anything, why were we told for month by the medical experts that we did not need a mask?? I do not know what you think you can see but lets stick to the subject and not start attacking each other.

I think they were telling people that way back when we didn't know it was fully airborne, and we were in a serious mask supply shortage when we needed to equip first responders... Go look up Japan's numbers, those people wear some masks, even with a population density much higher than ours.

Otherwise, you can believe whatever you wish, and boorishly throw as much spit around as you please during a pandemic, I stand by my statements.

Trump is a bad person and a bad leader on this issue.

If you're a big fan it says a lot about you too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟143,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

I was responding only to the quoted material that you provided in your post, to wit:
Good thing also that you don't have camera's on you nonstop with people looking for the smallest mistake you make, while asking the same questions repeatedly trying to get that sound bite they can manipulate to call you names and degrade you.”

He’s under a microscope! We get that. Why didn’t he know this before he ran for the office?

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0