Visit site
✟221,662.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is one thing to intellectual know what biblical humility is, it is another thing to live it day by day. No matter how gifted or how clever a person may be, unless he or she is living under the authority of God’s Word, his or her effectiveness is only fleeting. This is what the apostle Paul is telling the Corinthians. Paul is telling the Corinthians that the way to be truly humble is to be willing to be the servant of the Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 4).

To serve Christ is to serve His Words. The first concern and priority of a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ is not how to please people but how to please the master, and for that reason, true servants of the Lord Jesus Christ have always been and will always be an enigma to the world. They would always be a paradox to this fallen world.

The world will never understand that the servant of the Lord Jesus Christ see the unseen; conquer by yielding; find rest when under His yoke; reign by serving; are made great by becoming little; are exalted by becoming humble; become wise by being fools for Jesus’s sake; are made free by becoming bondservant of Jesus Christ; possess all things by having nothing; are strong by being weak; triumph in defeat; have victory by glorying in infirmity; and live by dying. The world will never understand all that.

True Humility

Theodoric

Feb 21, 2018
Tennessee
✟18,794.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm really proud of how humble I am. Not sure where to go with that...

Seriously, I've been blessed to know only two men in my life who have modelled humility as you describe it. One was a medical doctor who founded a mission in Africa, the other was a very simple man who worked odd jobs and pastored a church as a bi-vocational minister.

They're both gone now, but they have left behind more than they ever could have imagined, in the ways they touched other peoples' lives.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm really proud of how humble I am. Not sure where to go with that...

Seriously, I've been blessed to know only two men in my life who have modelled humility as you describe it. One was a medical doctor who founded a mission in Africa, the other was a very simple man who worked odd jobs and pastored a church as a bi-vocational minister.

They're both gone now, but they have left behind more than they ever could have imagined, in the ways they touched other peoples' lives.

To witness someone so humble is a joy I would like to see and be around.

Upvote 0

EmethAlethia

Oct 5, 2014
✟28,633.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For most there is a big misunderstanding of the biblical word humility. Jesus was the most humble man to ever live, according to scripture. Yet He regularly called the religious leaders, "You brood of vipers", "Blind guides of the blind", "Sons of your father the devil" ...

If you went to your churches religious leaders and experts and said the same things, how many of them would consider you humble? In Acts the disciples were given commands by their religious leaders/experts to do/not do certain things. Their reply, "We must obey God rather than men."

The issue is not our humility before men, but rather God / God's word. Yes, render honor to those whom honor is due ... but follow Jesus example of the utmost humility and if your churches religious leaders are a brood of vipers, tell them to their face... in public ... just like the most humble person who ever lived... Jesus.

Upvote 0