Not open for further replies.

fIdEl

Mar 7, 2003
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Visit site
✟167.00
Faith
Protestant
the only true blasphemy agianst the Holy Spirit is saying that salvation can be lost,.....

a person that has truly confessed with his mouth that Jesus is Lord and believes in his heart that God raised from the dead is SAVED,...once and for all,...

because God loved the world so much that he sent his only son to save the world, not to judge,.......

BECAUSE IFA CHRISTIAN goes to the presence of God the day he dies it is 100% Christ's fault,......it is by the merit of Christ alone in the cross that we can have hope for eternal life,....nothing we do or dont do can ever measure up what he did on the cross,..

I cant accept someone who says that salvation can be lost as a brother in the faith,..simply because if he says that salvation can be lost he is diminishing Jesus sacrifice on the cross,..my heart aches whenever i heara "Christan" say this,....whover beleives this jsut simply doesnt understand Gods GRACE,...because it is just that simple..only a person who has revieved the spirit can understand what Christ did for him on the cross....and can have the security that he will be with Christ when he leaves this earth,....

why is saying that salvation can be lost the true blasphemy against the Holy Spirit,...simple...

a true beleiver is sealed until the day of redemption,....is a Son of God,..and is a geniuine chrisitan because Christ made his dwelling on us,...

saying that the Holy spirit can go to hell,..along with the person who has lsot their salvation is the true blasphemy,.....nowhere in the new Testament do we heqr about a person fallign from Grace and the spirit leaving his body,...
specially because if we could deserve or obtain Gods favor then it wuld cease to be grace,......

understand this,...i say it form the bottom of my heart,....and with tears on my eyes,......beleive and ye shall be saved,..

people tha harvest is full and the workers are few,....lets start making disciples,..lets start reaching a world thats dying without Christ,.....

Romans 10:9 Ephesians 2>8.9

1 John 5:4
Revelations 3:5 >some people even use this verse to assure them that the name on the book of life can be lost....when Christ is simply making an assurance that the one who overcomes will NOT be removed....and he stresses the pint when he promises to acknowledge him before his father and angels,......read 1 John 5:4 to see if you have overcome,...

we do not overcoem by works.......

TRUE BLAPSHEMY against the Holy Spirit is denying that Jesus sacrifice pays for ALL of our sins,....that no sin is greater than what Jesus did,...not beleiving this is the one true sin,..the one that wont be forgiven,...
if someone tries to decieve others with human reasoning or even misquiting scripture better become aware,......

JESUS atonement is free,...and covers all,....beleiving is the only requisite....
he will do the rest,....the hard way or the OBIEDIENT way in your life...
he will make a change in you...if you really beleive,....

we are SAVED by GRACE through FAITH,......

people who say salvation can be lsot only try to inspire fear on other people in order to get them to change out of fear,.....not responding to Gods grace,...

this is the truth,.........

anyone who believes and takes the decision to take the salvation God offers,..ROMANS 10:9 can be sure that their salvation depends on what Christ did for them.....and when it really sinks that Jesus payed for the death they shouldve suffered,...thats when our response to Gods grace kicks in,..thats when God,..by the power of the Holy Spirit makes a change in us,...in HIS time,,,,not OURS,,,,

thats why we need to be making disciples,...its a 1 on 1 job,..

my true brthers and sisters,......lets tell others about the love of God in Christ,....

Reactions: TwinCrier

fIdEl

Mar 7, 2003
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Visit site
✟167.00
Faith
Protestant
Isaiah 53 said:
I would have to disagree. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the denial of Christ unto death. This is the only unforgivable sin.

PEACE IN CHRIST!!
anyone who says salvation can be lost is ACTUALLY denying Jesus sacrifice on the cross....and also admiting that he can influence on his salvation with GOOD or BAD works.....im sorry ,.YOU ARE TERIBLY MISTAKEN,......saying you can lose your salvation IS denying Jesus....thus is BLASPHEMY against the Holy Spirit....

ps. i Do not wish to start controversy...but i am really jealous with doctrine,.and i pray that you will come to the knowledge of Gods grace in Jesus Christ,..
i hope you will all be saved and have the eternal asurance that Jesus offers..for that is God's will......

Upvote 0

Isaiah 53

Catholic Apologist
Sep 30, 2003
Germany
Visit site
✟6,314.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
fIdEl said:
anyone who says salvation can be lost is ACTUALLY denying Jesus sacrifice on the cross....and also admiting that he can influence on his salvation with GOOD or BAD works.....im sorry ,.YOU ARE TERIBLY MISTAKEN,......saying you can lose your salvation IS denying Jesus....thus is BLASPHEMY against the Holy Spirit....

ps. i Do not wish to start controversy...but i am really jealous with doctrine,.and i pray that you will come to the knowledge of Gods grace in Jesus Christ,..
i hope you will all be saved and have the eternal asurance that Jesus offers..for that is God's will......
My friend.. I am a Christian and already know our Savior Jesus Christ. You are missing the point, the unforgivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit. If someone feels that Salvation can be lost (there is plenty of Scripture to back that up) but still profess Christ as Lord and Savior; you expect me to buy that that person is not saved?

Can anyone say LEGALISM? The only sin that cannot be forgiven is the denial of the Salvation already provided. If you don't except Christ you cannot be forgiven your sins.

EXAMPLE: Let's say some one believes salvation can be lost. Then they reason from the scripture that it cannot be lost and thus believes OSAS. That person cannot be forgiven because the once believed salvation could be lost?

PEACE IN CHRIST!!

p.s I never said if I believed OSAS or not; I am saying you are incorrect with your intrepretation of the passage regarding blasphemy against the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Why does this topic keep coming up over and over again??

There is only one setting in the New Testament in which Jesus talked about the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit . . only ONE!

• Mat 12:22​
    Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

Mat 12:23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David?

Mat 12:24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

Mat 12:25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

Mat 12:26 And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

Mat 12:27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges.

Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Mat 12:29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house.

Mat 12:30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

THIS is the context of the speaking about this sin . .

The beginning of the path to commiting this sin is to claim that the work of the Holy Spirit is actually that of Satan . .

It is not persistant unbelief . . or rejection of Christ specifically . .

It is SPECIFICALLY something else . . something specific that you do . .

If you have never been confronted with this sin, then all you have is conjecture . .

Once you have been confronted with this in all its terribleness, there is no doubt what it is about . .

If anyone is ever worried that they have committed this sin, that worry is proof you have not committed it . .

It can only be committed in pure malice towards the Holy Spirit . .

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

Isaiah 53

Catholic Apologist
Sep 30, 2003
Germany
Visit site
✟6,314.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
thereselittleflower said:
If anyone is ever worried that they have committed this sin, that worry is proof you have not committed it . .
I cannot see how this is entirely possible. Before I came to Christ I did some pretty terrible things towards man and God. Every born-again Christian worries at some point about this passage.

PEACE IN CHRIST!!!

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Isaiah 53 said:
I cannot see how this is entirely possible. Before I came to Christ I did some pretty terrible things towards man and God. Every born-again Christian worries at some point about this passage.

PEACE IN CHRIST!!!
You mean how not to worry?

We have all worried at some point . . I know I worried off and on until I had my experience . . I have never worreid about it again because I was shown exactly what it was, which I have not been allowed to give particular details about, but what I said was true . .

:)

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fIdEl

Mar 7, 2003
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Visit site
✟167.00
Faith
Protestant
If someone feels that Salvation can be lost (there is plenty of Scripture to back that up) ok,.....NO....only if you take verses completely out of context!

Can anyone say LEGALISM? The only sin that cannot be forgiven is the denial of the Salvation already provided. If you don't except Christ you cannot be forgiven your sins.

Ok the Bible clearly teaches that atributing the work of the Holy Spirit to SATAN is the one true blapshemy againsty the Holy Spirit,....exellent,..my point exactly.......

there is only 1 faith 1 baptism and 1 Holy Spirit,...and only 1 GOSPEL,..
that is that Jesus the only begotten son of the one true GOD of Israel, came to earth and was 100% man and God at the same time,..he was crucified
for the sins of the world according to scripture and was raised form the dead as scripture foretold,...and is now sitting at the right hand side of God,.....

now as it is written,..anyone who beleives in Jesus as the one true son of God, and confessed with his mouth that he is Lord and bleeives in his heart that Gods raised him form the dead shall be saved *Romans 10>9

the beleiver is JUSTIFIED, SANCTIFIED, HAS PASSED FORM DEATH TO LIFE,
IS MADE A CHILD OF GOD, and most importantly SEALED with the HOLY SPIRIT until the day of redemption,....

so you tell me,..how can a SEALED believer go to the ETERNAL DAMNATION,..that is to the ETERNAL SEPARATION OF GOD?
you say there is plenty of scripture to back upo that we can lose our salvation?....find me a verse that at least HINTS that the HOLY SPIRIT can leave a SEALED beleiver,.....are we not the temple of GOD,..does the HOLY now dweel among us?....go ahead answer,......

DENYING THIS IS ACTUALLY is the only sin that God wont forgive,...a true beleiver will never deny that the Holy Spirit is his temple,..he will probably doubt out of ignorance,..but does not God through his spirit show us the truth,..........

why do i say the true blasphemy againstthe HS is saying salvation can be lost?,.....

IS EXACTLY because someone who says salvation can be lostIS NOT I REPEAT NOT SAVED,.....

because God only rejects 1 sin, and that is unbelelief,..the same unbleief that the PARISEED had,...they concluded that Jesus was doing things in Satans name,..but their tru SIN was UNBELEIEF,..not its excuse....

NO ONE that believes the one true gospel of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ
will EVER deny that it is because of Christ merit on the cross,..is that we are made right with GOD,..NOT by our works not by our faith even,,,,
ITS IS BECAUSE OF GODS GRACE,.THROUGH FAITH he provides....since this is not our own...but a GIFT of GOD,...

in his Love...
praying that you will all be reached by the one TRUE GOSPEL,...

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
fIdEl said:
why do i say the true blasphemy againstthe HS is saying salvation can be lost?,.....

IS EXACTLY because someone who says salvation can be lost IS NOT I REPEAT NOT SAVED,.....

I am sorry . . but you are in grave error here . .

You said that someone who says "salvation can be lost" has committed the unforgivable sin . .

That means that all those Christians who do not believe in OSAS are going to hell because they say this . . the unforgivable sin is unforgivable . . and you are condeming to hell all those who do not believe as you do . .

You are in grave error my friend . and do not understand the scriptures .

because God only rejects 1 sin, and that is unbelelief,..the same unbleief that the PARISEED had,...they concluded that Jesus was doing things in Satans name,..but their tru SIN was UNBELEIEF,..not its excuse....
No . .you are also in error here! Yes, they did not believe . . but something much worse was a work here . . MALICE against Jesus and agains the work of the Holy Spirit . . how could anyone claim that something as good as what Jesus was doing was by satan if there is no malice . .rather than rejoicing that someone had been set free of demonic control, they were condeming it by attacking the source of Jesus' power over the devils . .

The MALICE is different than unbelief . . one can have unbelief and no malice, but simply unable to believe yet . . that was not what was happening here . .and note that Jesus did not accuse but taught and warned . .

If the Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is unbelief, then we all would be going to hell because all have at some point had unbelief in their lives and if God is going to condemn us for that, then there is no salvation for any one!

NO ONE that believes the one true gospel of our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ
will EVER deny that it is because of Christ merit on the cross,..is that we are made right with GOD,..NOT by our works not by our faith even,,,,
ITS IS BECAUSE OF GODS GRACE,.THROUGH FAITH he provides....since this is not our own...but a GIFT of GOD,...
Well, I disagree with you . .

I also do not believe we are saved at any one point in the past . . salvation is a future event . . . see my signature for scipture to show the PROCESS of salvation! It is a path - we walk this path by the Grace of God . .if we leave this path, it is by the Grace of God that we are able to come back to it . . . . but there comes a time when the choice to be on the path or off it is no longer ours . . and if we are not on that path when death comes, we are lost . . . . . I hope we will all be on the path at that point! :)

We do not have salvation until then . . until then we have the HOPE of salvation . .

Peace in Him!

Reactions: Isaiah 53
Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Here is a post I made in another thread . . about salvation . .

Look at my sig line . . Salvation is a process . .

Arminianism comes cloeset in many ways to what Catholicism teaches, but it falls short of it . . because it teaches that you can be saved, loose your salvation, be saved again, etc, etc , .

But you do not become saved, then loose your salvation then get save again any more than you get saved and stay that way no matter what you do after that point!

Salvation is a future event towards which we are progressing . . it is a process with an end in sight . .

If you fall away from God, you do not loose what you have not yet received . . but you do fall off the path . .. you can get up, dust yourself off, and get back on the path, or you can stay off . .

When you are saved is when your life ends and you have reached the end of the path . . if you are not on the path, then you are not saved . .

Salvation has to do with being in a state of Sanctifying Grace . . this is not something that speaks to a one time event in the past, or a future event . . but speaks to our current state with God . . for the present is all we have . .

The Present is what touches eternity . . It is in the present that I need concern myself with my relationship with God in the here and now .. not what it was at some point in the past, or what it might be at some point in the future . .but what it is right now!

For if I reach the end of my life right now, the question is, am I on that path right now?

It is ALL by God's GRACE . . I can do nothing to receive it of my own self . . the only thing I can do is choose to respond to God's Grace or not . . if I respond to it, more Grace is given . . and I am on the path . . The continual receiving of God's Grace and respoinding to it MOVES me along the path . . but I have the choice to stop responding at any time, and if I do, I depart from the path . .

Salvation is a process . . you can only know where you are right now if you ar right with God right now . . the past is gone, the future has not yet happened . .

You do not loose your salvation when you leave the path . . you loose your future hope of Salvation, which hope can be regained through repentance and responding to God's Grace . .

Peace in Him!

Upvote 0

fIdEl

Mar 7, 2003
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Visit site
✟167.00
Faith
Protestant
thereselittleflower said:
Here is a post I made in another thread . . about salvation . .

Salvation is a future event towards which we are progressing . . it is a process with an end in sight . .

When you are saved is when your life ends and you have reached the end of the path . . if you are not on the path, then you are not saved . .

Salvation has to do with being in a state of Sanctifying Grace . . this is not something that speaks to a one time event in the past, or a future event . . but speaks to our current state with God . . for the present is all we have . .

The Present is what touches eternity . . It is in the present that I need concern myself with my relationship with God in the here and now .. not what it was at some point in the past, or what it might be at some point in the future . .but what it is right now!

For if I reach the end of my life right now, the question is, am I on that path right now?

It is ALL by God's GRACE . . I can do nothing to receive it of my own self . . the only thing I can do is choose to respond to God's Grace or not . . if I respond to it, more Grace is given . . and I am on the path . . The continual receiving of God's Grace and respoinding to it MOVES me along the path . . but I have the choice to stop responding at any time, and if I do, I depart from the path . .

Salvation is a process . . you can only know where you are right now if you ar right with God right now . . the past is gone, the future has not yet happened . .

You do not loose your salvation when you leave the path . . you loose your future hope of Salvation, which hope can be regained through repentance and responding to God's Grace . .

WHERE IS THE HOLY SPIRIT IN YOUR ARGUEMENT??????

Peace in Him!
MY HOPE FOR SALVATION LIES ON WHAT JESUS DID 2000 YEARS AGO,
not if im in the a path or not,....YOU ARE DENYING THAT A BEILIEVER IS SEALED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT,.....where do you leave the HOLY SPIRIT?

does it not SEAL us and gives us the confidence as it is much assured in the BIBLE,.....????

you talk about a future hope.......i have it now my friend,....not wether or not im in a PATH,...it is because JESUS died on the cross for ALL my sins,...

and because the day i confessed woth my mouth that Jesus is Lord and believed that he was risen form the dead by God,..I was sealed,..he made hsi dwelling in me forever,....
by his merits.....
bacuase of him,..
all the GLORY is his,....

I STAY ON THE PATH out of GOD's grace,..because he LOVED me first!

take the decission my firned it is staring you in the face,....

take the hand offered to you,...you have NO excuse,....beleive in JEsus as the one true son of GOD,.....confess with your mouth that Jesus IS LORD
and beleive in your heart that God raised him form the dead,...for it is this that saves us,......

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Isaiah 53

Catholic Apologist
Sep 30, 2003
Germany
Visit site
✟6,314.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
fIdEl said:
so you tell me,..how can a SEALED believer go to the ETERNAL DAMNATION,..that is to the ETERNAL SEPARATION OF GOD?
you say there is plenty of scripture to back upo that we can lose our salvation?....find me a verse that at least HINTS that the HOLY SPIRIT can leave a SEALED beleiver,.....are we not the temple of GOD,..does the HOLY now dweel among us?....go ahead answer,......
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed–not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence–continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, (Phil 2:12)

I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. (1 Cor 9:23-25)

You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. (Gal 5:7-8)

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
(Hebrews 12:1)

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. (Hebrews 6:4-6)

fIdEl said:
IS EXACTLY because someone who says salvation can be lostIS NOT I REPEAT NOT SAVED,.....
Pardon me, but I don't believe you or anyone else (except Christ) is in the position to judge anyone's salvation. This is dangerous ground and my advise is to stear clear of such comments.

Now, I understand you are coming from a Calvin school of thought, of 'Eternal Security'; but as many verses as there are for eternal security; there are just as many for the losing of Salvation. We will not know until the day of our Salvation. I do not worry about such things, if you are living you life for Christ it doesn't matter if one can or cannot lose salvation.

The OP verse has nothing to do with OSAS or eternal security. That is and has been my point all along.

PEACE IN CHRIST!!!!

Upvote 0

fIdEl

Mar 7, 2003
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
Visit site
✟167.00
Faith
Protestant
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed–not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence–continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, (Phil 2:12)

I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.
Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. (1 Cor 9:23-25)

You were running a good race. Who cut in on you and kept you from obeying the truth? That kind of persuasion does not come from the one who calls you. (Gal 5:7-8)

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.
(Hebrews 12:1)

It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age, if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. (Hebrews 6:4-6)

Great Job of taking scripture out of context!

Upvote 0

Chappie

Dec 4, 2003
California
Visit site
✟359.00
Faith
Christian
Isaiah 53 said:
I would have to disagree. Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is the denial of Christ unto death. This is the only unforgivable sin.

PEACE IN CHRIST!!
There is much room in your conclusion to cause a brother to stumble. (Woa unto such a person I believe the bible says) We really need to stay a little closer to what is spoken in the scriptures. You call the denial of Christ unto death blasphemy. Although both will result in eternal seperation, they are not even close enough in nature to be spoken in the same breath.

Matthew 12:
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Blasphemy is to SPEAK evil of deity. Blasphemy (to speak evil) against Christ is forgivable. To speak evil against the Holy Spirit is not forgivable. That is the sin for which there is no forgiveness. Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit...

Upvote 0

iris89

Feb 10, 2004
Florida
✟133.00
Faith
Christian
Hi Everyone:

Discourse on Salvation

SALVATION AN IMPORTANT SUBJECT:

Salvation is an important subject that all genuine Christians need to learn a lot more about. It is imperative that we all have a correct understanding on what is meant by Salvation in the Bible. Unfortunately, many have the wrong understanding and outlook on this Biblical subject.

So many look for a physical instead of a spiritual answer to many things in the Bible and overlook the definition even of a miracle. A Miracle is defined as an event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God: "Miracles are spontaneous, they cannot be summoned, but come of themselves" (Katherine Anne Porter). [The American Heritage(r) Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition]

On a similar note, a BBC programme on Moses shows the doubting Thomas syndrome that appears to be permeating our society even among those who claim to be Christian. It appears that, while critics are now happy to concede that archeological findings confirm events like the ten plagues and the Exodus out of Egypt COULD have happened, they'll insist on rational explanations for them!

However, we can not be doubting about the subject of salvation, but must study the scriptures like the Bereans, " These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." (Acts 17:11 AV). To that end, let's look into the subject of salvation.

WHAT IS SALVATION?

Let's examine the scriptures and determine exactly what salvation really is in the Biblical usage:

"And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved." (John 3:14-17 AV). Here we see that inorder to obtain salvation, we must believe in God's (YHWH's) Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) whom his Father (YHWH) sent into the world to provide a means of salvation for us." (Matthew 3:14-17 AV - Authorized King James Version).

Yes, salvation from bondage to sin with everlasting life in view:

"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?
17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.
18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.
19 I speak after the manner of men because of the infirmity of your flesh: for as ye have yielded your members servants to uncleanness and to iniquity unto iniquity; even so now yield your members servants to righteousness unto holiness.
20 For when ye were the servants of sin, ye were free from righteousness.
21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.
22 But now being made free from sin, and become servants to God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end everlasting life.
23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:16-23 AV). These scriptures clearly show that the Biblical salvation is from bondage to sin and death; with the hope of everlasting life under a righteous kingdom with God's (YHWH's) Son as its king as we all pray for in the Lord's prayer, "After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. 10 Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven." (Matthew 6:9-10 AV).

We must seize the word of God (YHWH) and seize our opportunity for salvation as the scriptures clearly show:

"Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.
47 For so hath the Lord commanded us, saying, I have set thee to be a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.
48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region." (Acts 13:46-49 AV)

WHO PROVIDES FOR SALVATION?

Now it is important that all genuine Christians understand who provides for salvation, and the scriptures show:

"The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.
44 Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter.
45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.
46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see.
47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!
48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee.
49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel.
50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these.
50 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man." (Luke 1: 43-51 AV) Clearly shows that Jesus's (Yeshua's or YHWH saves's) the Son of God (YHWH) was provided as our means of salvation.

Likewise, the provider is directly identified as:

"Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;
2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;
3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; (Titus 1:1-3 AV). This clearly identifies Almighty God (YHWH) as the one who provided his Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) to serve as a ransom to release us from bondage in accordance with "And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. 12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12 Av).

This fact is further reinforced:

"Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;
2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord." (1 Timothy 1:1 AV). Here it is made clear that God (YHWH) is are actual savior, but he is working through his Son so we can look at his Son as our savior as he, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) is the only " For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;" (1 Timothy 2:5 AV) who " taught publickly and from house to house"; therefore it is clear we to should "Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ." (partial quote of Acts 20:21 AV).

OUR CHIEF AGENT OF SALVATION IS GOD'S (YHWH'S) OWN SON WHO HE PROVIDED FOR THAT PURPOSE:

That God (YHWH) provided his only begotten Son for that purpose is made clear:

" God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
5 ¶ For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.
6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
8 Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
10 ¶ For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings." (Hebrews 2:10 AV). This scripture clearly shows that God (YHWH) provided his own Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) for the purpose of our salvation and made him, the second highest ranking spirit being in all of heaven who figuratively sat at the right hand of God Almighty (YHWH), " Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;" (Hebrews 8:1 AV). This clearly shows Almighty God's (YHWH's) love for mankind in that he would provide his own Son as a ransom to make up for the perfect human life lost by Adam through disobedience, "And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return." (Genesis 3:17-19 AV). Here it is clear that God (YHWH) and Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) are two separate and distinct spirit beings, and that God (YHWH) being the superior could clearly provide his only begotten Son that he had created as the " And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;" (Revelation 3:14 AV) as the ransom sacrifice due to his superior position.

Whereas, Almighty God (YHWH) could rise up his Son after he was executed, he likewise is able to do the same for us the next two scriptures prove:

"The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins." (Acts 5:30-31 AV)

And:

" Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them." (Hebrews 7:25 AV)

Therefore, the scripture:

"Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.
12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.
13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.
14 ¶ And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world." (1 John 4:11-14 AV), brings out several very important facts effecting our salvation. They are:

Fact 1, "No man hath seen God at any time." Yet mankind has seen his Son who for a period of time lived among mankind.

Fact 2, He has given his Son's faithful followers, "Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit." Some of his active force.

Fact 3, That the Father (YHWH) sent his Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) on a mission to redeem obedient mankind from bondage to the inherited sin of Adam, "And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world."

ALL ARE IN THE NEED OF SALVATION THROUGH GOD'S (YHWH'S) SON:
This is brought out clearly as:

" Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:" (Romans 5:12 AV)

And:

"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;" (Romans 3:23-25 AV). It was clearly necessary for Almighty God (YHWH) to send his Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) as the scriptures show, " As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:" (Romans 3:10 AV). It should be noted that God (YHWH) himself, sent his own Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves, since salvation of obedient mankind was so important to him due to his love of mankind.

KNOWLEDGE OF GOD'S (YHWH'S) WORD NECESSARY FOR SALVATION:

The scriptures highlight the fact that knowledge of God's (YHWH's) word is necessary for salvation:

" And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3 AV)

In fact, we must continue to progress in knowledge in order to gain salvation:

"As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious." (1 Peter 2:2 AV). This fact was highlighted as follows, "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. 13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. 14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; 15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." (2 Timothy 3:12-15 AV)

See Part 2 - Salvation

Upvote 0

iris89

Feb 10, 2004
Florida
✟133.00
Faith
Christian
Part 2 - Salvation

SALVATION AVAILABLE TO MEN OF ALL NATIONS:

Salvation is not the exclusive 'prize' of any one group, but is clearly available to all meeting the scriptural requirements:

"After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;
10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb." (Revelation 7:9-10 AV).

And:

"My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world." (1 John 2:2 AV).

These scriptures clearly highlight the following very important facts:

Fact 1, Salvation is available to men of all nations, "lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;"

Fact 2, That we have an advocate with the Father (YHWH), "lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;" clearly showing that we have Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) as an advocate with the supreme figure of all the universe, Almighty God (YHWH) and we should not try and lower the supremacy of Almighty God (YHWH) and thus violate the Third Commandment of the Ten Commandments " Thou shalt have no other gods before me." (Exodus 20:3 AV).

Fact 3, That our advocate is "the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world."

IS SALVATION EARNED?

Some may mistakenly feel salvation is earned, but it is actually the gift of God's (YHWH's) undeserved kindness toward mankind:

" For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
12 Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;
13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;
14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works." (Titus 2:11-14 AV)

And:

"For we ourselves also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving divers lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful, and hating one another.
4 But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,
4 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost;" (Titus 3:5 AV)

And Last:

" Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity." (2 Timothy 2:19 AV)

Now the above scriptures from Titus and 2 Timothy bring out the following important facts:
Fact 1, The grace of God (YHWH) came in the form of his Son, " For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men," (Titus 2:11 AV).

Fact 2, That Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH) is a great, "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;" who is subordinate only to his Father (YHWH) in heaven as plainly shown by the fact that he figuratively will sit at his Father's (YHWH's) right hand, " But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;" (Hebrews 10:12 AV)

Fact 3, " Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his" that we have a sure foundation for our faith.

NOT ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED:

Many feel that once saved they no matter what will remain saved for all of time, but is that so? The following scripture clearly shows otherwise:

" But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved." (Matthew 24:13 AV)

And:

Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul." (Hebrews 10:35-39 AV)

And:

" But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." (1 Corinthians 9:27 AV)

And:

"Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:12-14 AV)

Clearly these scriptures bring out the following important facts:

Fact 1, That we must continue to work out our salvation as it is not a one time thing, " Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling." (Philippians 2:12 AV)

Fact 2, We must bring body into subjection and not give in to sexual lust, " But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." Which clearly shows there is danger that we can fall out of a saved condition.

Fact 3, We must maintain a faithful course to the end to really be saved, "Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him."

NOW FAITH IS NOT A PASSIVE THING, BUT MUST BE DEMONSTRATED:

The scriptures clearly demonstrate to have faith we must have consistent works:

"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also." (James 2:14-26 AV)

And:

" For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation." (Romans 10:10 AV)

These scriptures highlight the following:

Fact 1, "so faith without works is dead also" and if dead it is worthless and this is made even clearer by " And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved." (Matthew 10:22 AV)

Fact 2, Abraham demonstrated his faith and it was counted as good works, "21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? 23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God."

Fact 3, " For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

DELIVERANCE FROM THE BONDAGE OF DEATH BY RESURRECTION IS A SALVATION:

This is highlighted in the scriptures:

"Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;
8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;" (Hebrews 5:7-9 AV).

This scripture clearly shows the following two items:

Item 1, That the Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves) had to learn obedience by the things "which he suffered;"

Item 2, That even the Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves), "offered up prayers and supplications" to his Father (YHWH).

He, the Son, Jesus (Yeshua or YHWH saves), made himself known to the Apostle Paul as follows:

"And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death." (Revelation 1:17-18 AV) Here the Son clearly showed that he had been given authority over all except his Fathey (YHWH) by his Father (YHWH) to carry out his assignment, "But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: 14 And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. 15 Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that he raised up Christ: whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. 16 For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: 17 And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. 18 Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. 19 If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. 20 ¶ But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. 21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 23 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power. 25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death. 27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him. 28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all." (1 Corinthians 15:12-28 AV)

In fact, the scriptures clearly show:

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation." (John 5:28-29 AV). This shows that all who gain salvation will have a resurrection unto life; what better could one ask for?

SALVATION, HOWEVER SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN FORGRANTED:

The warning of Hebrews should be constantly remembered by all:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries." (Hebrews 10:26-27 AV)

Also, the resurrected ones need to keep in mind the following:

"And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
9 And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
11 ¶ And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." (Revelation 20:7-15 AV)

We however at the present time must keep in mind:

" And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell." (Matthew 10:28 AV)

And:

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
16 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves." (Matthew 23:13-15 AV)

And:

" Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?" (Matthew 23:33 AV)

Your Friend in Christ Iris89

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.