York
✟93,554.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At least Christians will see that unless someone is a born again Christian and they recognize God's authority, that all people are evil, including those in power. Therefore I tell people not to trust politicians, because they do not recognize that their authority is from God, and they will always do evil. Because their father is satan and their hearts desire to do satan's will (John 8:44)

There's no good politician left in this world.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,439,448.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A dictatorship? Good grief. I've seen a girl guide troop exhibit more muscle.

Exactly.
I doubt the op would tolerate his home town's streets being blocked for nearly 3 weeks.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
There are lots of good Christian politicians. There are lots of good politicians who are not Christians.

Therefore I tell people not to trust politicians, because they do not recognize that their authority is from God, and they will always do evil. Because their father is satan and their hearts desire to do satan's will (John 8:44)

This is not St John, Ch8;v4. It is not Revelation Ch8;v44 either. So where can I find it?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟148,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
There are lots of good Christian politicians. There are lots of good politicians who are not Christians.

This is not St John, Ch8;v4. It is not Revelation Ch8;v44 either. So where can I find it?
No, you don’t understand, it’s a paraphrase so that the poster can inject his religion into current political events…nothing more.

• Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
it’s a paraphrase

Actually it is not. It seems to be completely made up.

Here is St John's Gospel Ch8;v44:

Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Make what you can of it.

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟93,554.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Gospel of John Chapter 8, verse 44
'You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.'

What I was referring to is that everyone who lives in sin, is the child of satan and desires to do what satan does. Therefore is foolish to think that politicians, who are not living a Godly life, are trying to help us and have our best interest at heart. It is therefore not surprise to me how the world leaders are currently behaving. All they care about is money, power and their interests.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟164,618.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
That is a cynical view. I can think of many good men and women who have led good Christian-inspired lives and who have served faithfully and well as politicians.

I don't think it is entirely honest to offer a made up quotation - from any source. I should have thought it would be regarded as especially iniquitous to abuse the Bible in this way.

I would not do it, and I am not even a Christian!

Upvote 0

DamianWarS

Follower of Isa Al Masih
Site Supporter
May 15, 2008
✟858,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The article below was from early 2015. It's not too surprising how the fears of 7 years ago are finally coming to pass. Trudeau enacted the Emergency Powers Act to deal with those who didn't agree with his vision, and now that his opposition has been silenced, he isn't letting go of those emergency powers.Canada lawmakers extend emergency powers for truck protests

"The leader of that party does what he wants, when he wants, and no one dares question him. Would a Prime Minister Trudeau arbitrarily whip the vote and outlaw certain moral questions? Could Prime Minister Trudeau be trusted to make decisions for the good of the country, not just for his personal self-worth? Would Trudeau call in the police to enforce his vision? Let's hope we never have the opportunity to ask those questions."
Why Canada Will Become a Dictatorship Under Trudeau
*sign* first world problem. if Canadians think they don't have freedom and they are being run by a dictator then maybe they should speak to a national from China, Cuba, Eritrea, Laos, North Korea or Vietnam and swap their hardship stories. I'm a Canadian that lives in Indonesia and am embarrassed by such obscene headlines. People need to wake up and smell the freedom, Canada is one of the freest countries in the world and it certainly isn't being threatened by Trudeau who is using police force to remove large rigs parked in the middle of the road with the intention of blocking it. Go ahead and try that out and see how long it takes for the police to show up. This is not excessive force, it's reasonable force and should be expected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟309,916.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I doubt the op would tolerate his home town's streets being blocked for nearly 3 weeks.
And would probably go out and ask why and what could be done to resolve an issue. Divisiveness has driven a wedge in common sense.

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟153,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trudeau invoking the emergency act evokes memories of another wannabe dictator. Once upon a time the USA had this president who declared a national emergency to steal money from our defense department to erect this very strong, easily scaled border wall for his own political grandstanding needs....ah those are the good ol days hahaha.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Trudeau invoking the emergency act evokes memories of another wannabe dictator. Once upon a time the USA had this president who declared a national emergency to steal money from our defense department to erect this very strong, easily scaled border wall for his own political grandstanding needs....ah those are the good ol days hahaha.
Was that wrong?

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟153,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Was that wrong?
In our democratic republic where congress authorizes funding? What does your conscience tell you? Ask yourself if it would be wrong for Obama to take unauthorized funding from our military to finance an effort to mandate gun control in America to keep a grandstanding promise to his base. Presidents are not kings or dictators in our democracy. Apparently that will be changing if republicans ever seat another president.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,738,632.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
In our democratic republic where congress authorizes funding? What does your conscience tell you? Ask yourself if it would be wrong for Obama to take unauthorized funding from our military to finance an effort to mandate gun control in America to keep a grandstanding promise to his base. Presidents are not kings or dictators in our democracy. Apparently that will be changing if republicans ever seat another president.
I’m not sure of your answer. Maybe I’ll be more specific. Do you think it was wrong?

Upvote 0

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟153,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m not sure of your answer. Maybe I’ll be more specific. Do you think it was wrong?
Be however you like. What does your conscience tell you? I'm in no mood for the banter. Of course I think it's wrong for our president to break American laws. Presidents are not authorized to appropriate spending without congressional approval. This is why it is essential to elect leaders who respect our rules of law and not evade them his entire life.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟372,655.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Let me tell you a story about dictatorships in Canada.

The year....2020.
The Wetsuweten Nation in BC who live on unceded territory (ie....they have FULL CONTROL of what happens on their land as they are not under treaty territory), are being strong armed into having pipelines go through their land.

They protest. And franlky, first nations groups across the country protest as these actions are full on illegal.

What do we hear about Trudeau's dictatorship? Nothing. It's coloured people of course. Most white people couldn't care less about that. But it gets better.

In Alberta, there is a First Nation's group that blocks a railway. They manage to block it for several days before citizens start harassing them and the situation becomes dangerous and the mid to far right alberta government gets an injunction passed to have them removed. As that injunction is delivered, private citizens come in and destroy it.

Now, in an effort to protect Canada against "any type of protest", the provincial government creates Bill 1 which gives EXPLICIT power and guidance when major infrastructure is affected by protests. First nations and environmentalist groups see it as CLEARLY targetting them but, nothing can really be done about.

Fast forward 2 years to the Coutts protest.

Coutts is basically the DEFINITIVE situation in whihc Bill 1 should be employed as 10 of millions of trade go through there a day.

Conservative government does NOTHING on their own. Their leader (premier) Kenny, after a week nad a half, sends a letter to Justin Trudeau asking HIM to do the work that he refuses to do; despite have his own legal ground work to do it! But because it's all white dudes (who are spewing racist comments at other truckers trying to cross the border....), Kenny does butkiss.

THEN, and htis is wonderful, after Coutts is dealt with, Kenny says the VERY TOOL he asked to be employed (the Emergency Measures act) should not have been employed to resolve the trucker protests.

I really don't have much respect for Trudeau as a leader. But somehow, as low as my opinion is of him, it seems his critics manage to be EVEN lower than him.

It's like a battle of the least principaled fools and everyone is winning.

• Informative
Reactions: durangodawood
Upvote 0