Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,832.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just got an Orthodox pocket prayer book, and I want to start praying with it daily. I want to do it as prescribed, but the way it’s printed, I’m unsure of something - is the “Our Father” prayer the last part of the Trisagion Prayers, or is that the start of a new section?

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟756,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I understand the "Our Father" to be the last of the Trisagion prayers & the Trisagion prayer itself (Holy God, Holy Mighty..) to be one of the three. If it is the Antiochian red prayer book you have, I just pray them as the Trisagion prayers (1st: O Heavenly King...2nd: All Holy Trinity,3rd: "Our Father"...).

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟869,832.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ya’ll answered the question, thanks. And yes it’s the little, red Antiochian pocket prayer book, and I have another question about it: The morning, midday and evening prayers each end with “Through the prayers of our holy Fathers…”. Who are our holy Fathers? All Orthodox priests? Or early church Fathers and Saints?

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟756,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Ya’ll answered the question, thanks. And yes it’s the little, red Antiochian pocket prayer book, and I have another question about it: The morning, midday and evening prayers each end with “Through the prayers of our holy Fathers…”. Who are our holy Fathers? All Orthodox priests? Or early church Fathers and Saints?
This is also said at the end of the dismissal prayer at the conclusion of the Divine Liturgy in which Christ our intercessor and all the prayerful intercessions of the blessed saints ("fathers" etc.) pray to the Father for us (the "cloud of witnesses", Hebrews 12:1). See also http://www.orthodoxyork.org/liturgy.html (scroll to near bottom of pg) & or (also) the conclusion of the dismissal prayer in the Divine Liturgy in your red Antiochian prayer book. God bless.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.