Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
I have spent time studying the trinity doctrine and wasn't sure I fully agreed with it until Monday night. Monday night I had seizures and upon waking from the last seizure I remembered a "dream" that I had. In the "dream" I was placing big stones into a hole in a mountain. As I placed the 1st stone in I said, "okay so this is the Holy Spirit." The 2nd stone I said,"and this is Jesus." And the 3rd stone I said,"and this is God the Father and all 3 make one God so that is how it is."

Love and God Bless,
Messenger:)

O

onewarrior

Messenger said:
I have spent time studying the trinity doctrine and wasn't sure I fully agreed with it until Monday night. Monday night I had seizures and upon waking from the last seizure I remembered a "dream" that I had. In the "dream" I was placing big stones into a hole in a mountain. As I placed the 1st stone in I said, "okay so this is the Holy Spirit." The 2nd stone I said,"and this is Jesus." And the 3rd stone I said,"and this is God the Father and all 3 make one God so that is how it is."

Love and God Bless,

Funny the deception of people's dreams.

I Corinthians 10:4:
And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them: and that Rock was Christ.

The Bible never refers to the rocks (plural) of God. Their is only one Rock (singular) as their is only One God (he is the father) and their is only one Person.

Jesus is the name of the Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost.

There is One Lord and his Name One.

In Truth,
Joshua

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jesus is the name of the Father, The Son, The Holy Ghost.

Jesus is eternally begotton from the Father, He is of one essence with the Father and the Holy Spirit, He shares in His Divinity. But He is NOT, the Father, nor is He the Holy Spirit. Jesus sends the Holy Spirit Who proceeds eternnaly from the Father.

Upvote 0
O

onewarrior

Oblio said:
Jesus is eternally begotton from the Father, He is of one essence with the Father and the Holy Spirit, He shares in His Divinity. But He is NOT, the Father, nor is He the Holy Spirit. Jesus sends the Holy Spirit Who proceeds eternnaly from the Father.

False.

Jesus said....

John 17:26:
And I have declared to them YOUR NAME, and will declare it: that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.

John 5:43:
I am come in my Father's name, and you receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him you will receive.

Jesus had his Father's Name he was in fact Jesus JR.

In Truth,
Joshua

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Neither one of these states what you claim.

Joh 17:26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

Christ tells us that He has declared to them the Fathers name, He does not go on to say that it is His name.

Joh 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

Christ states that He has come under the authority of His Father, not that they have the same name.

Upvote 0
O

onewarrior

Oblio said:
Neither one of these states what you claim.

Christ tells us that He has declared to them the Fathers name, He does not go on to say that it is His name.

Christ states that He has come under the authority of His Father, not that they have the same name.

That is not what the verse says. He said I come in my Father's name. He didn't say in this verse that it was under his Father's authority. In his Father's Name. Means I am here in my Father's Name. fulfilling the prophecy...

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given: and the government shall be on his shoulder: and HIS NAME shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The EVERLASTING FATHER, The Prince of Peace.

Praise Jesus,
Joshua

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ver. 43. "I am come in My Father's name, and ye receive Me not; if another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive."

[2.] Seest thou that He everywhere declareth that He hath been "sent," that judgment hath been committed to Him by the Father, that He can do nothing of Himself, in order that He may cut off all excuse for their unfairness? But who is it that He here saith shall come "in his own name"? He alludeth here to Antichrist, andputteth7 an incontrovertible proof of their unfairness. "For if as loving God ye persecute Me, much more ought this to have taken place8 in the case of Antichrist. For he will neither say that he is sent by the Father, nor that he cometh according to his will, but in everything contrariwise, seizing like a tyrant what belongeth not to him, and asserting that he is the very God over all, as Paul saith, `Exalting himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped, showing himself that he is God.' (2 Thess. ii. 4.) This is to `come in his own name.' I do not so, but am come in the Name of My Father." That they received not One who said that He was sent of God, was a sufficient proof that they loved not God; but now from the contrary of this fact, from their being about to receive Antichrist, He showeth their shamelessness.9 For when they received not One who asserteth that He was sent by God, and are about to worship one who knoweth Him not, and who saith that he is God over all, it is clear that their persecution proceeded from malice and from hating God.

Homily XLI - The Gospel According to St. John - St. John Chrysotom

Upvote 0
O

onewarrior

Oblio said:
Ver. 43. "I am come in My Father's name, and ye receive Me not; if another shall come in his own name, him will ye receive."

[2.] Seest thou that He everywhere declareth that He hath been "sent," that judgment hath been committed to Him by the Father, that He can do nothing of Himself, in order that He may cut off all excuse for their unfairness? But who is it that He here saith shall come "in his own name"? He alludeth here to Antichrist, andputteth7 an incontrovertible proof of their unfairness. "For if as loving God ye persecute Me, much more ought this to have taken place8 in the case of Antichrist. For he will neither say that he is sent by the Father, nor that he cometh according to his will, but in everything contrariwise, seizing like a tyrant what belongeth not to him, and asserting that he is the very God over all, as Paul saith, `Exalting himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped, showing himself that he is God.' (2 Thess. ii. 4.) This is to `come in his own name.' I do not so, but am come in the Name of My Father." That they received not One who said that He was sent of God, was a sufficient proof that they loved not God; but now from the contrary of this fact, from their being about to receive Antichrist, He showeth their shamelessness.9 For when they received not One who asserteth that He was sent by God, and are about to worship one who knoweth Him not, and who saith that he is God over all, it is clear that their persecution proceeded from malice and from hating God.

Homily XLI - The Gospel According to St. John - St. John Chrysotom

Do you even know waht your point is?

Upvote 0

Oblio

Creed or Chaos
Jun 24, 2003
Georgia - USA
Visit site
✟27,610.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My point is that Christ came in the authority of His Father, not that they share the same name. Christ is NOT the father.

He says elsewhere,

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

That does NOT mean that the Name of the Father, or the Holy Spirit is Jesus.

That is my point.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
O

onewarrior

Oblio said:
My point is that Christ came in the authority of His Father, not that they share the same name. Christ is NOT the father.

He says elsewhere,

Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

That does NOT mean that the Name of the Father, or the Holy Spirit is Jesus.

That is my point.

Really and what name do you baptize in?

Upvote 0
O

onewarrior

Roald said:
Onewarrior,

I'm not sure what your point is. How does coming in the name of someone mean that you are that person?

It really is very simple. If you are your Father's Son and you come in his name what is your Father's Name? Jesus said.....

John 14:7:
If you had known me, you should have known my Father also: and from now on you know him, and have seen him.

Now what does that verse mean? Will you try to call Jesus a liar? Now on you know him (Father) and have seen him (Father). They knew the Father he was with them all the time. Jesus is the Father.

Furthermore the Apostle's baptized in Jesus Name and no other look in the book of Acts which shows the DOERS of the word in action. Would you dare to say that they baptized wrong? Are you saying that the men that wrote the Bible didnt know what they were doing and that we who have not walked with Jesus some how know more than they do? I wouldn't dare. They were eyewitnesses they saw things that weren't even written. They heard words that Jesus spoke that were not written. And they knew that they had a responsibility to protect the church from the wolves that were coming to devour the flock. Do you understand the Parables and the Proverbs of Jesus. As a matter of fact the Apostle's didn't even understand until Jesus opened their understanding. They preached the Name of Jesus. why would they preach abouta Name. What makes a Name so important? Do you know? Could you answer that question? What is the value of Jesus Name to you?

Jesus is the One that said he declared the Father's Name. He said he declared it. That is a pretty bold statement. If you search the Gospels what name did he ever mention. You won't see him saying any name for his Father besides his very own Name.

Remember Father is not a name it is a title.
Son is not a name it is a title.
Holy Spirit is not a name it is a title.

What is the name of the Father?
What is the Name of the Son?
What is the Name of The Holy Spirit?

Jesus is the Name above every other.

In Truth,
Joshua

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
I started this thread just 2 days after having had 3 seizures. It was just short and sweet and to the point. I had a seizure a few months ago for the first time and thought it would be the last time. On December 9th, I had 3 more seizures it took me over 2 1/2 hours to respond and 2 shots of volume. I have spent much time since at several doctors and tests. My catscan & MRI both came back negative which is good. My EEG came back with seizure dissorder on the left side. I'm not allowed to drive now. Much is going to change but I am still greatful for the incredible dream.

The rocks were like big boulders. The side of the mountain had a hole in it just the right size to fit in the first boulder perfectly which after putting it in the perfect fit I heard "Holy Spirit". When I moved the second boulder and went to put it where the first one was the first some how made room for the second boulder to fit perfectly then I heard "Jesus". Then I picked up the third boulder which I brought where the other 2 had been placed and placed it where the hole in the mountain had been and it fit perfectly and I heard "God". The 3 boulders had become one and they all fit perfectly into the hole in the mountain so the hole wasn't even there anymore. Then I said so this is how it is. It was a beautiful dream. I wish I could put it into even better words to do it justice.

I don't know why I have a seizure dissorder now. I believe they say I have epilepsy. I had always thought that if you were not handicap as a child you could not become handicap unless you got in an accident or something...guess I was just a little nieve. Luckly they have put me on medication that will hopefully prevent the seizures and luckly after a couple days of straight sleeping I am feeling normal again....Ofcourse what is normal???:)

God has plans in store for me and I am ready welling and able.

Love and God Bless,

Upvote 0

armothe

Living in HIS kingdom...
May 22, 2002
Visit site
✟16,561.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Constitution
Messenger said:
Luckly they have put me on medication that will hopefully prevent the seizures and luckly after a couple days of straight sleeping I am feeling normal again....Ofcourse what is normal???:)
Perhaps the medication is causing these "dreams"?

-A

Upvote 0

Messenger

Simplicity of Life
Jan 15, 2002
Missouri
Visit site
✟17,227.00
Faith
Christian
I wasn't on any medication....I had one seizure months ago that the doctors couldn't find a reason for they thought it may just be an isolated one. Monday night I had 3 seizures. After the seizures and the dream they put me on medicine to hopefully prevent me from having more seizures.

Do you disagree with the dream or something? To me it seems quit simple.

Love and God Bless,

Upvote 0

falcon90

Dec 18, 2003
Hasitngs MI
✟118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Ok Here we go.......

John 10:30 says "I and my father are one"
Isa. 9:6*
Mt. 1:23,*
Is. 7:14*
1 Tim. 3:16*
Col. 2:8.9*
John. 20:28*
Titus 2:13*
Phil. 2:5,6*
John 5:18*
John 10:30*
Gen. 1:1;
Col. 1:16
Mic. 5:2*
Isa. 44:6; Rev. 1:2,8, 11,13*

Verses saying the Father is God:

John. 8:41*
Eph. 4:6*

Verses saying the Holy Spirit is God:

Acts 5:3,4*
Acts 28:25,26
1 Cor. 3:16*

Upvote 0

Talyn

Mar 25, 2003
Melbourne Australia
Visit site
✟15,251.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Oblio said:
That is why the trinity really confuses me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.