May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Tribute to a Generation

On April 29, 2004, as a service and tribute to members of the World War II Generation, the National World War II Memorial opened for public viewing, exactly one month prior to the formal Dedication Ceremony taking place May 29, 2004. The World War II Memorial is the first national memorial dedicated to all who served during the Second World War. The memorial, established by the American Battle Monuments Commission, honors all military veterans of the war, the citizens on the home front, the nation at large, and the high moral purpose and idealism that motivated the nation's call to arms. The Second World War is the only 20th-century event commemorated on the Mall's central axis.

Remainder of text:
http://www.wwiimemorial.com/

Praise be to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, for the Brave Men and Women who served in the United States Of America Armed Forces during WWII.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

rahma

FUNdamentalist
Jan 15, 2004
between a frozen wastelan and a wast desert
Visit site
✟16,435.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My grandpa's headstone was dedicated yesterday, at the same time the WW2 memorial was being dedicated in Washington DC

1000 WW2 vets die each day. Find one and say thank you before it is too late

2003-5MemorialNightPillars1.jpg

2004-2-completed_wallstarscurve.jpg

Upvote 0

elanor

Reunite Gondwanaland!
Nov 9, 2003
Left Coast
Visit site
✟16,184.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
With gratitude for my father (who served as a sergeant in the Army in the Pacific conflict) and for my brother-in-law (who served aboard the USS Wake), and for all who served in uniform during WWII. The memorial dedicated this weekend is long overdue.

Upvote 0

renegade pariah

Apr 28, 2004
✟1,403.00
Faith
Christian
......it sure took this country a long time to get a memorial up! Certainly it should be more than a reminder of past sacrifice, but also a reminder of the toll of war. Of course more civilians died in WW2 than soldiers, and it is unlikely that their suffering will ever get recognized.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Because of my work schedule I wasn't able to make it to D-FW National Cemetery where my father is buried. I did get down there early in the morning for Memorial Day 2002. As I was leaving, I saw a man bowed on one knee over a grave in tears. I'll never forget that.

Attached below is a photo of the area where my dad's grave is on Memoral Day 2002.

Attachments

• DadCemMemDay2002-3.jpg
    DadCemMemDay2002-3.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 18
Upvote 0

Larry

Fundamentalist Christian
Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
✟2,635.00
Faith
Christian
Thank you for this, Gunny.

I am forever greatfull for all those who fought the great battles of WW II. My father was a Marine in WW II. His was the Pacific theater, at Iwo Jima. I repaid a small portion of that debt by serving in the United States Marine Corps, myself.

May God bless all who went before me. And to all my brother Marines, SEMPER FIDELIS!!!!

Upvote 0

jameseb

Smite me, O Mighty Smiter!
Mar 3, 2004
North Little Rock, AR
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Thank you, Gunny. Between family and friends, cook-outs and enjoying a leisurely day off, I hope we all remember to give our thoughts and prayers to those who served our great nation from the time of its inception to those serving now in Iraq and to those that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our country.

God bless.

50star-medium.gif

stars_ba.gif

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Once upon a time,
the planning of the greatest seaborne invasion ever took place.
Four years in the preparation, Operation Overlord, the Allied invasion of Normandy on 6 June 1944, marked the beginning of the end of World War II and the eventual liberation of Europe."

http://www.ddaymuseum.co.uk/60dday.htm

Upvote 0