Indiana
✟11,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thing that everybody seems to leave out, is that having a knowledge of good and evil, is necessary first step to becoming like God, and since that was is his purpose for creating man, then Joseph Smith is actually right.
You really think that Joseph Smith was right? They believe that God has sex in Heaven and produce “spirit babies” and then these are born on earth. The UNICEF estimates that an average of 353,000 babies are born each day around the world. The crude birth rate is 18.9 births per 1,000 population or 255 births globally per minute or 4.3 births every second. Can God really reproduce that quickly? Does He ever take a break to answer prayers? Not to mention if the baby is born black then it is cursed. Moroni was Satan appearing as an Angel of light and many parts of the Mormon belief coincides with new age cultic beliefs. The children that are born into this cult must go along with what they are told to do or they will be shunned. They live with the threat of never being able to see or speak with your family and friends again. This is the same as the Jehova Witness cult.

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You really think that Joseph Smith was right? They believe that God has sex in Heaven and produce “spirit babies” and then these are born on earth. The UNICEF estimates that an average of 353,000 babies are born each day around the world. The crude birth rate is 18.9 births per 1,000 population or 255 births globally per minute or 4.3 births every second. Can God really reproduce that quickly? Does He ever take a break to answer prayers? Not to mention if the baby is born black then it is cursed. Moroni was Satan appearing as an Angel of light and many parts of the Mormon belief coincides with new age cultic beliefs. The children that are born into this cult must go along with what they are told to do or they will be shunned. They live with the threat of never being able to see or speak with your family and friends again. This is the same as the Jehova Witness cult.

He was correct about what was mentioned in the post, not all the other stuff you mentioned. It doesn't matter who truth comes from, it's still truth, regardless.
I only listen to what is being said, not who is saying it. I do not want to be a respecter of persons. Anyway, all that matters, is what saith the scriptures?

Upvote 0

Galil7.62x51

Sep 16, 2019
Indiana
✟11,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Absolutely, and that's why it was merely the necessary first step toward being made in the image of God. If being created in the image of God was a done deal, would Adam and Eve disobeyed God?
Being created in the image is just that we look like God, we have ten fingers and toes etc. The angels dont look nothing like us. Some have 2 wings some have 4. Satan has four faces and is covered with many eyes. The angels can transform themselves to look like whatever they want. When they appear to mankind they looked like us. I dont know if Adam and Eve would have disobeyed God if Satan didn’t show up to lie and tempt them. We fell and went backwards not forwards. We can only see 4 dimensions, length, width, depth, and time. Quantum Physics scientist say that there are at least 10 dimensions. After the resurrection of Jesus, he appeared to the disciples in a house and he never entered through the door. Some smart guy calculated that this was possible but it had to be done in like 6 or 7 dimensions. I always wondered if Adam could see all the dimensions before the fall. If we accept Jesus as our savior and believe the gospel then someday we will enter into his glory. Everything will be perfect again. But we still wont ever be like God, that is what got Satan is trouble. He wanted to be like the most high.

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Being created in the image is just that we look like God, we have ten fingers and toes etc. The angels dont look nothing like us. Some have 2 wings some have 4. Satan has four faces and is covered with many eyes. The angels can transform themselves to look like whatever they want. When they appear to mankind they looked like us. I dont know if Adam and Eve would have disobeyed God if Satan didn’t show up to lie and tempt them. We fell and went backwards not forwards. We can only see 4 dimensions, length, width, depth, and time. Quantum Physics scientist say that there are at least 10 dimensions. After the resurrection of Jesus, he appeared to the disciples in a house and he never entered through the door. Some smart guy calculated that this was possible but it had to be done in like 6 or 7 dimensions. I always wondered if Adam could see all the dimensions before the fall. If we accept Jesus as our savior and believe the gospel then someday we will enter into his glory. Everything will be perfect again. But we still wont ever be like God, that is what got Satan is trouble. He wanted to be like the most high.

Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Heb 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

Upvote 0

Galil7.62x51

Sep 16, 2019
Indiana
✟11,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He was correct about what was mentioned in the post, not all the other stuff you mentioned. It doesn't matter who truth comes from, it's still truth, regardless.
I only listen to what is being said, not who is saying it. I do not want to be a respecter of persons. Anyway, all that matters, is what saith the scriptures?
I understand where your coming from. There are several places where the angels are refered to as gods. The Bible uses a lower case g when referring to one of these beings. So someday we may have equal of even greater powers than what the angels have now. Through Jesus, we already have power over Satan and his evil minions. James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God, resist the Devil, and he will flee from you. I think a lot of people forget that first part about submitting sometimes. Another scripture that comes to mind is 1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV - "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.". So maybe we will have even things that the angel haven’t seen or heard yet. Its nice to think about these things but I think it can be dangerous if we let it go to our heads and get all high minded that we are gonna be gods.

Upvote 0

Galil7.62x51

Sep 16, 2019
Indiana
✟11,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Heb 11:27 By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.
Yup, confusing as mud yet? God is a spirit and those that worship him must do so in spirit and truth. So who was God talking to when he said “let us make man in our image”? If God is a spirt then who did Adam hear walking through the garden after he sinned? He was afraid and hid. I am new here and I think we are off the topic of the OP and dont know If its right to be chatting back and forth like this. Guess I need to read the rules. But if you are serious about studying the Bible then message me anytime. I dont know everything and am fallible like everyone else, but I really enjoy looking for the truth and this is why I joined this forum to be able to chat and help others if I can.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Garden story helps us understand why what we might consider an ideal place is actually a lousy place to fulfill our objective, while this messed up world is the best place for willing individuals to fulfill their objective.

I am fine with the story part and teaching an idea. The logical side is what just totally poofs it as anything else than story.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There was no "flaw" created by God in Adam to dictate his rebellion.

Maybe he was just created stupid. He was in paradise, had an evidence there was an actual God that had created everything, had a hot (maybe) chick to frolick with and he still fell for the apple trap in the middle of this paradise and just decided to disobey allmighty creator of everything because talking snake agitated him.

If you were smart would you really think apple tree in middle of the garden would grant you powers of the God when it was put there by the God himself ?

No way you can reason this as an actual event.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Fellow Christian, your words project anger and resentment towards God

Hardly. Just saying that the story being thought of as a historical description of events is nonsensical, illogical and totally unnecessary for the deeper meanings of the story that it is actually designed to tell.

Insisting on literal interpretation on this is just as silly as denying evolution and will only make people more unlikely to accept any of Christianity`s teachings.

Upvote 0

martymonster

Veteran
Dec 15, 2006
✟175,709.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hardly. Just saying that the story being thought of as a historical description of events is nonsensical, illogical and totally unnecessary for the deeper meanings of the story that it is actually designed to tell.

Insisting on literal interpretation on this is just as silly as denying evolution and will only make people more unlikely to accept any of Christianity`s teachings.

Well, you're half right.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Maybe he was just created stupid.
-- here again would be a "blame God for what someone else did" approach.

He was in paradise, had an evidence there was an actual God that had created everything, had a hot (maybe) chick to frolick with and he still fell for the apple trap

The "hot chick problem" (as you call it) is what got him. He knew when Eve came to him with the forbidden fruit that she had done what God said would result in death. Adam (as the first created -- Gen 2, 1 Tim 2:13) had some sense of "responsibility for the team" - and it was apparent that the "ship was going down" that Eve must die. So the question for him was "does she die alone or do you join her"?

Today we would condemn any captain that chose to save himself and let the passengers die - better to "Go down with the ship" in that case. He could not bear to think of a future without Eve. This is exactly what Adam faced. That is not the "stupid" part.

The stupid part is not "thinking ahead" ... stepping back and considering that if he joined Eve he would be condemning all of mankind and if he did not join Eve then only one person is condemned. That bigger view might have seemed "callous" to him at the time - but he should have taken it more seriously anyway.

nonsense.

And of course what you propose is the end of Christianity because without the fall there is no need of the gospel's super drastic solution to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am fine with the story part and teaching an idea. The logical side is what just totally poofs it as anything else than story.

Paul said it is real - right down to the "details" in 1 Tim 2 and Romans 5. So it is not just infallible scripture in Genesis 1-3 it is also infallible scripture in the NT.

• Useful
Reactions: Galil7.62x51
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You have inspired people in the New Testament talking about Adam and Eve like they were real people.

• Winner
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
You have inspired people in the New Testament talking about Adam and Eve like they were real people.
Clearly they did not fully appreciate the alternative doctrine on origins found in evolutionism

Reactions: Galil7.62x51
Upvote 0

Galil7.62x51

Sep 16, 2019
Indiana
✟11,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sorry if I read you wrong, didn't mean any disrespect. Was just trying to figure what’s a matter and offer help if possible.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The stupid part is not "thinking ahead" ... stepping back and considering that if he joined Eve he would be condemning all of mankind and if he did not join Eve then only one person is condemned.

Well storywise they were children in the terms of experience and hardship with no worries so this would make sense right ?

Of course considering this it makes zero sense to put a forbidden apple in the middle of the garden and expect them to make an educated decisions that determined the fate of mankind especially for an omnipotent being.....

It is a cool story, but that is all it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0