Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
As this is the First Saturday of the month, I did my (3rd) First Saturday Devotion and then thought I'd check out some Youtube Videos on it. I found this interesting video on Our Lady:
(12:25 is were he addresses the Consecration of Russia controversy)
What do you think?

JesusLovesOurLady

Slave of the Handmaid of the Lord
Feb 15, 2017
Roman Catholic Diocese of Nelson
✟6,780.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know why people think that it hasn't been done. Pope Pius XII did it, Pope John Paul II did it, and Sister Lucia said that it had been done and that it was accepted in Heaven.
Yeah, I'm leaning in favor Pope St. John Paul II succeeding in consecrating Russia, the more I think about and study it. I'm still dubious about Russia converting, despite of it's Pro-Life, Pro-Marraige, Pro-Family policies, Russia (And I dare say, Eastern Orthodoxy) still has a lot of problems, I myself have had personal experiences with these problems in the past:
VK Demotivational.jpg

But I think that the reason that Russia hasn't yet converted, and that the Reign of the Immaculate Heart hasn't begun has more to do with us not obeying God and His Beloved Mother, and making the reparations demanded of them. We won't have the Reign of the Immaculate Heart with we are not obedient to it, and make reparations for the offenses against it.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, I'm leaning in favor Pope St. John Paul II succeeding in consecrating Russia, the more I think about and study it. I'm still dubious about Russia converting, despite of it's Pro-Life, Pro-Marraige, Pro-Family policies, Russia (And I dare say, Eastern Orthodoxy) still has a lot of problems,

But I think that the reason that Russia hasn't yet converted, and that the Reign of the Immaculate Heart hasn't begun has more to do with us not obeying God and His Beloved Mother, and making the reparations demanded of them. We won't have the Reign of the Immaculate Heart with we are not obedient to it, and make reparations for the offenses against it.
http://johnhaffert.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Russia-convert-2.pdf

On page 206 it says "It is rumored that Natacha was told by Sister Lucia (the visionary of Fatima) that the conversion of Russia would be completed through the Orthodox Church and the Oriental Rite."

The Orthodox Church is a Schismatic Church, not a Heretical Church and their beliefs and practices are similar to the Eastern Catholics who are in full communion with Rome. I don't see reconciliation happening any time soon but it is not something that is completely out of the question like it would be with Protestants.

Russia has come a long way in the past 30 years. They went from being one of the greatest, if not the greatest enemies of God and Christianity to one of its greatest allies today. Their laws are more in line with Christian values and they are the ones helping and fighting for Christians in the Middle East while other Western countries are arming the Islamic savages who want to cut their heads off.

• Informative
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

Hamlet7768

World's Second-Worst Polemicist
Nov 2, 2013
United States of America
✟22,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Russia's big problem right now is the same problem that has plagued it since the Tsars, that of Caesaropapism. The Church is deeply connected with the government to a degree that would make Americans blanch. There's a lot of complicated politics related to the Ukrainian Church mixed up in this, too.

Upvote 0