Lutherrunner

Dec 20, 2004
Ft. Worth, TX
✟8,529.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Democrat
Every morning, for the last three weeks, I got up, made a cup of coffee, and turned on OLN and watched the Tour de France.....now it's over, Lance turned in an amazing performance, won for the 7th consecutive time, then retired......

oh well....maybe now I can get something done around here.....;)

keeptrying

Save a Life....Spay and Neuter!
Jun 4, 2005
North Carolina
✟7,775.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Lutherrunner, can I call you Luther? You seem to be a bike enthusiast what kind of bike do you have? I have a trek cross over street and mountain bike since I never know what I will be riding on. Plus all my riding is for pleasure and I don't race.

Upvote 0

Lutherrunner

Dec 20, 2004
Ft. Worth, TX
✟8,529.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Democrat
keeptrying said:
Lutherrunner, can I call you Luther? You seem to be a bike enthusiast what kind of bike do you have? I have a trek cross over street and mountain bike since I never know what I will be riding on. Plus all my riding is for pleasure and I don't race.

You can call me whatever you want to.....some of the folks here already call me Luth.....

I have a Specialized Roubaix road bike and a Trek mountain bike.....here is my road bike....it's carbon fiber and rides like a dream......

specialized_roubaix_comp2m

I don't race, but I like to do some of the organized tours or rallies that they have on the weekends.....some of the smaller towns usually put them on to benefit a good cause.....Jaycees or Lion's Club....and they may benefit children's or some health concern.....they have marked courses with police at the big intersections and aid stations with gatoraide, cookies, fruit, etc. and T-shirts and other prizes....it's a lot of fun and a good clean social activity......:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Ms.Garnet

Apr 13, 2005
✟16,516.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does anyone know where Lance's home base is? A couple of years ago (before I knew Lance existed) a group of 4 or 5 men stopped at the store/post office I work in. They were wearing the yellow jersey & black bike shorts, etc. I didn't look at their suits to see if they were sponored, etc. I talked to one man & ask where they started at. He said : Huntington Beach (I think) California. They were headed to south Florida. Anyway, not long after that I got a poster at the post office with Lance Armstrong on it - something about the postal system & Lance. I tried to give the poster away & no one wanted it. Then I found out who he is & I am thrilled no one wanted it!!!! It's mine now. I have always wondered if the men could have been part of his team? I don't know how they prepare or keep fit for these long-haul races! Only the one I talked to was open to conversation - the others were more business & you could tell this biking thing was serious business & you could tell this was not the first time they had been on a bike!!!!!

Upvote 0

Lutherrunner

Dec 20, 2004
Ft. Worth, TX
✟8,529.00
Faith
Lutheran
Politics
US-Democrat
Lance grew up in North Dallas area....Richardson/Plano.....I go to the bike shop where he first went as a teen.....Lance has lived in Austin, Tx for quite a while, but also has been training for several months a year in Spain....he has a place there too....with Sheryl Crow in the picture, I'm not sure if they will settle in Austin or not?.....it is a great music town......

Upvote 0

sk8Joyful

Aug 23, 2005
✟28,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Luther,

Wonderful ! - you just keep *peddlin'*, mile after mile *joyfully* like a little :thumbsup: boy will do. Have non-stop FUN !

Now why do I hafta wait 65 ! more posts before one of my *Ice :Dskating* costumes can be seen, LOL
~~

Lutherrunner said:
I have a Specialized Roubaix road bike and a Trek mountain bike.....here is my road bike....it's carbon fiber and rides like a dream......
I don't race, but I like to do some of the organized tours or rallies that they have on the weekends.....some of the smaller towns usually put them on to benefit a good cause.....Jaycees or Lion's Club....and they may benefit children's or some health concern.....they have marked courses with police at the big intersections and aid stations with gatoraide, cookies, fruit, etc. and T-shirts and other prizes....it's a lot of fun and a good clean social activity......:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.