Georgia
✟7,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So I know this girl who I have hit it off with and she just got out of a long relationship. She is pursuing me but she has not been out of the relationship long. I want to pursue her but I also want to allow time for healing. I want to pursue in a Christ like way and that includes not jumping into things too quickly in regards to courting her. Also would it be a bad idea to ask her friends how she is handling everything? Because I don’t want to ask her out of respect for emotional boundaries. Also it seems odd to me that she is pursuing me only weeks later but I do not know why the relationship ended.
Thanks,
Red S

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So I know this girl who I have hit it off with and she just got out of a long relationship. She is pursuing me but she has not been out of the relationship long. I want to pursue her but I also want to allow time for healing. I want to pursue in a Christ like way and that includes not jumping into things too quickly in regards to courting her. Also would it be a bad idea to ask her friends how she is handling everything? Because I don’t want to ask her out of respect for emotional boundaries. Also it seems odd to me that she is pursuing me only weeks later but I do not know why the relationship ended.
Thanks,
Red S
You are right to be wary. Ask the Lord to show you clearly. Oddly enough, her parents may be helpful as well. They know her as well as anyone. Ask God to be your wisdom. I also suggest you both check out Mark Gungor. He's the best on relationships that I've come across.

Reactions: CGP78
Upvote 0

AK1982

All things ... through HIM who strengthens!
Sep 26, 2019
Netherlands
✟29,012.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Also it seems odd to me that she is pursuing me only weeks later but I do not know why the relationship ended

Looks like she’s on a rebound.

In any case, you may seek God’s guidance and wisdom so you are aligned with His plans for your life.

• Agree
Reactions: CGP78
Upvote 0