Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If that is the case, then America's economic engine is not capitalism either because government places all sorts of rules on how it is conducted.
Actually if applying regulations to commerce makes it not capitalism, capitalism does not and cannot exist anywhere. Even in lawless markets such as the illegal drug trade or commerce within failed states some control is exerted.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If that is the case, then America's economic engine is not capitalism either because government places all sorts of rules on how it is conducted.
We are certainly a long way away from a true capitalism.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A former pastor of mine (who was a hippie before coming to faith) said he never really understood capitalism until he got in on the wrong end of a dope deal gone bad .....

Upvote 0

ralfyman

Apr 12, 2019
Moonachie
✟22,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think this was practiced in the U.S. for many decades, i.e., most people worked in farms and factories. But greatest opportunities for middle class lifestyles prevailed, leading to the move to the service industry.

Similar has been taking place even in countries where manufacturing was outsourced.

Upvote 0