Jul 23, 2012
Midwest, USA
Visit site
✟15,154.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Since we are in the Charismatic, non-Word of Faith category, what are your thoughts about speaking in tongues?"

""Obviously, then, I'm not OPPOSED to "tongues", but don't particularly care for the DOCTRINE of "Initial evidence" which tends to be vigorously defended by Historic Pentecostals, but not so much by Charismatics - most of whom still see it as a "Normative component" of the "Baptism in the Holy Spirit"."" (Bob Barabbio)

This is a good point. The initial evidence factor can add a lot of pressure to people in a social setting, which (I've noticed) can be counter productive in helping them with the gift. If someone doesn't initially speak in tounges, I don't doubt that they were filled with the Holy Spirit. I have witnessed a lot of people who were filled with the Spirit get (or initiate) their prayer language at a much later date.

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All of them were filled the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.

Acts 2:3
NIV

For anyone who speaks in a tongue does not speak to men but to God. Indeed, no one understands him; he utters mysteries with his spirit.

I Corinthians 14:2
NIV

I thank God that I speak in tongues more than more than all of you.

I Corinthians 14:17
NIV

In my humble opinion utilizing tongues (prayer language) is a very powerful spiritual weapon.

The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds.

II Corinthians 10:4
NIV

Upvote 0